Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cedric who?

Guest mikepayne

Guest mikepayne

Man, it's a shame that crobar was unusually dead on Saturday night due to Ivano at Space, because Ralph Falcon was rocking the place like is rarely done in there. The music was sooooo much better than it used to be on Saturdays. I mostly prefer crobar to Space as far as overall clubbing experience goes, with Space getting the nod over crobar when it comes to track selection and sound system.

I used to break it down like this: Friday is crobar night, because they have Mark Leventhal in the VIP (who spins a very unique and eclectic mix of shit that I really like, why he isn't more well-known is beyond me) and usually Stephan Luke in the main room, who's also pretty good (and a really nice guy from what I can tell from the very brief few conversations I've had with him). Saturday is Space night, because both the main room and VIP room music at crobar were sub-par. Now that crobar has Ralph in there on Saturdays, the music in the main room is just as good as Space. The sound system is still inferior, but the music is spot on. I think I spent only a total of like 10 minutes in the VIP on Saturday, cause the main room was blowing up.

In my opinion, Space grabbing Cedric and allowing crobar to sign Ralph (in my opinion, it seems like a much bigger "F U" from crobar to Space to sign the other half of Murk than it was for LP to sign Cedric) was a *huge* mistake. Anyone who's heard the horrible bomb that is the crobar: Miami Sessions CD and goes in there now on a Saturday should immediately be able to see the difference. I hope crobar stops selling it, because they're advertising music much worse than what they are actually playing now.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deesoulrelic

In my opinion, Space grabbing Cedric and allowing crobar to sign Ralph (in my opinion, it seems like a much bigger "F U" from crobar to Space to sign the other half of Murk than it was for LP to sign Cedric) was a *huge* mistake. Anyone who's heard the horrible bomb that is the crobar: Miami Sessions and goes in there now on a Saturday should immediately be able to see the difference. I hope crobar stops selling it, because they're advertising music much worse than what they are actually playing now.

sounds like someone is being a hater cedric rocked that shit. maybe you got bad taste is what im thinking

Guest LeVeL

I agree with MDP by saying that Crobar got the best of deals by signing Ralph Falcon. He deserved a residency and the man can definetely rock it.

Guest mikepayne

sounds like someone is being a hater cedric rocked that shit. maybe you got bad taste is what im thinking

Cedric rocked what? The crobar Miami CD? You must be joking. My friends and I couldn't even get through one full listening of that disc without bursting out into laughter about how bad some of the tracks are. Not only that, but he leads into the thing with a god damn voicemail message like he's trying to imitate all these retarded hip hop albums that start with some douchebag leaving the artist a voicemail, "YO SON, WHEN'S YO NEW ALBUM COMIN OUT? ALL DA PEEPZ BE WAITIN FOR THAT SHIT TO DROP YO, IT'S GONNA BE MEAN WHEN IT HITS DA STREETZ FO SHO!"

If not liking that CD makes me a hater, stamp that shit on my forehead.

Guest lyrik

Cedric rocked what? The crobar Miami CD? You must be joking. My friends and I couldn't even get through one full listening of that disc without bursting out into laughter about how bad some of the tracks are. Not only that, but he leads into the thing with a god damn voicemail message like he's trying to imitate all these retarded hip hop albums that start with some douchebag leaving the artist a voicemail, "YO SON, WHEN'S YO NEW ALBUM COMIN OUT? ALL DA PEEPZ BE WAITIN FOR THAT SHIT TO DROP YO, IT'S GONNA BE MEAN WHEN IT HITS DA STREETZ FO SHO!"

If not liking that CD makes me a hater, stamp that shit on my forehead.

Now thats pretty funny.

Guest deesoulrelic

dude ralph is alright but u got to give credit where its due. ralph just now started to get recognized as a good dj after being around for what 12 years come on dude hes getting sloppy seconds and hes ridin oscars ass there must be a reason for the other half of murk not getting the gig. Cedrics been doin some big things and hes doin it on his own steam i said ur a hater cuz thats how u came if u dont like the cd thats one thing but to say that crobar was week every saturday is a joke. be real

Guest mikepayne

but to say that crobar was week every saturday is a joke. be real

Technically, I just said it was weaker than Space every Saturday, which was the truth.

The only reason why I could see Space not wanting to hire Ralph is because his sound is similar to that of Oscar G and they wanted to specifically round out their lineup with someone unique, even if it wasn't necessarily the best choice musically.

Guest deesoulrelic

ralph is oscars musical clone. and in the end music matters and both cedric and space made a good move. space is positioning its self to be the next ministry of sound and drastic changes are a must from time to time. but i def. do not think that crobar is better off

Guest ramon

dude ralph is alright but u got to give credit where its due. ralph just now started to get recognized as a good dj after being around for what 12 years come on dude hes getting sloppy seconds and hes ridin oscars ass there must be a reason for the other half of murk not getting the gig. Cedrics been doin some big things and hes doin it on his own steam i said ur a hater cuz thats how u came if u dont like the cd thats one thing but to say that crobar was week every saturday is a joke. be real

ralph has been getting international recognition longer than you have been listening to this music probably.

ralph dj's overseas hella lot more than he does here so as he may be not as known here doesn't mean that he isn't known every where else around the world.

Guest deesoulrelic

ralph has been getting international recognition longer than you have been listening to this music probably.

i ve been listening to house music for a very long time i remeber when murk was releasing records on angle eye records in 91' from hialeah brotha (u were like 10 yrs old). and when u go to ralphs falcon the international superstars web site u can see all his tour dates ohh my bad he dont even have a web site. but hes worldwide. please u cant tell me jack

Guest lyrik

i ve been listening to house music for a very long time i remeber when murk was releasing records on angle eye records in 91' from hialeah brotha (u were like 10 yrs old). and when u go to ralphs falcon the international superstars web site u can see all his tour dates ohh my bad he dont even have a web site. but hes worldwide. please u cant tell me jack

In your face Charlie Murphy!

Guest mikepayne
when u go to ralphs falcon the international superstars web site u can see all his tour dates ohh my bad he dont even have a web site. but hes worldwide. please u cant tell me jack

What's your point? Have you seen Cedric's web site? First of all it's lame, but even so it hasn't been updated since June of 2003. I'd rather not have a web site than have one that hasn't been updated in 13 months.

Guest deesoulrelic

what r u talkin about. what does ralphs international status have to do with cedrics web page or u just got nothing to say. but ur not a hater right. the only thing that hasnt been updated on his site r the dates fron last month.

but u know what u know a lot about cedric to not like him so much.

Guest mikepayne

what r u talkin about. what does ralphs international status have to do with cedrics web page or u just got nothing to say. but ur not a hater right. the only thing that hasnt been updated on his site r the dates fron last month.

but u know what u know a lot about cedric to not like him so much.

Dude, are you mental? You brought up the web page issue with tour dates as if having one were not only a sign, but a requirement of international recognition. So, I searched google for "Cedric Gervais". His site is like the 7th result (already a sign of a seriously poor web site since it's cedricgervais.com for god's sake), and since it's 13 months out of date, your argument doesn't make sense.

I have no personal reason to "hate" on Cedric, I don't know a damn thing about him other than the fact that I've heard him a bunch of times at crobar and I have the crobar Miami CD, and I'm not impressed. He's good at mixing, but his track selection is pitiful from what I've heard.

Guest deesoulrelic

yes i do think that a website is a requirement for international recognition. how is it not?

you aint shit if people cant find you or know what ur doing.

now that ur ralphs no. 1 fan why dont u get me a his playlist a top 10 or even get me a LIST OF HIS "international dates for last month. please r u for real.

Guest mikepayne

yes i do think that a website is a requirement for international recognition. how is it not?

you aint shit if people cant find you or know what ur doing.

now that ur ralphs no. 1 fan why dont u get me a his playlist a top 10 or even get me a LIST OF HIS "international dates for last month. please r u for real.

So you're illiterate, as well? Cedric's site has his listings for June of 2003, not June of 2004. That's not last month, buddy.

Guest mikepayne

not for nothing but ur an ediot go to www.cedricgervais.com and tell me what u see...but dont be mad were cool

its all love ;D ;D

The site's been updated since the last message I posted. Still really amateurish, but at least it's updated. And I notice they didn't include the year on the tour dates this time around, that way they never seem more than 6 months out of date in either direction(good call). Google's cache still has the old site though.

Guest bcnjunkie

my take on Cedric: he was going in the right direction until he started getting cocky. I would have to hear him at Space, perhaps he has actually taken the time to review his programming. The last time I heard him spin, I left crobar, I couldn't take the set. The track selection sounded random and the beat pairing was poorly done, mixing was below average. I haven't heard Cedric do a nice set in a long time. He played all the wrong tracks opening for Tom Stephan. He needs to stop playing Mr.Scene and concentrate on spinning. As of right now, he doesn't touch Ralph Falcon. Cedric has had the most trainwrecks of any DJ I've heard in Miami. He has the potential, he needs to apply a bit, that's all.

Its been a while, but I had to get in on this one...

No comparison between these 2 DJ's. Cedric cant mix(trainwreck after trainwreck), Ralph can...end of story!!

The reason a lot people in Miami love Cedric is because a lot of people in Miami dont know jack about music or being onbeat.

I still wonder how this guy gets gigs, hes lame and very cocky and dont deserve to be up on any decks in Miami.

;)

Guest mikepayne

There we go. =) Shame that searching for "Ralph Falcon" and/or "Oscar G" on Google doesn't bring up that site anywhere (at least not in the first 30 results for either search). You guys might want to put some text or meta tags on there that a search engine can parse to improve your chances of being found on a search. Chances are since the Murk site is all flash, Google just has no idea what the hell content is on the site.