Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Free PC to PC Calling...

Guest LdySphynx

Guest pod

Inadvertantly, expressing a love of a product or service is marketing.

I talk smack about Nikon and praise Canon. I'm technically marketing for Canon, even though I'm right.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LdySphynx

Inadvertantly, expressing a love of a product or service is marketing.

I talk smack about Nikon and praise Canon. I'm technically marketing for Canon, even though I'm right.

LOL, yeah you're always right aren't you Pod!!! ::)

Guest LdySphynx

Oh I'm not being critical of your stance, just stating a fact :)

Oh and Nikon sucks.

Well I agree with you there, now whats your take on Sony???? ;)

Guest endymion

Those Sony memory sticks are another Skype. CF cards work, what was the point of those? Just confuses the market and makes it more of a pain for consumers, so that Sony gets to own a new standard. We didn't need a new standard. Saleen, I'm sure that there is a WSJ article about Sony memory sticks in the archives somewhere.

From here on out I'm using the term "skype" to refer to pointless splinters that make it harder to agree on standards.

Guest pod

As far as digital cameras? They blow too. They use a wacko proprietary memory stick as opposed to a standard CF or SD card, and their sensors aren't that good.

Guest LdySphynx

As far as digital cameras? They blow too. They use a wacko proprietary memory stick as opposed to a standard CF or SD card, and their sensors aren't that good.

In other words I should just throw my CyberShot in the Trash!!! I used to have a Fujifilm which was actually very very good we were able to use for PC cam, I had it on a Tripod and my son tipped it over and it BROKE :'(, I miss it like crazy cause I could take it anywhere and my cybershot is too big!!!

Guest pod

The Fuji pocket digicams are nice...

Overall the Sonys are alright if that is what you have, but if you didn't have a digital camera at all, I would recommed the Fujis or the Canon line.

Guest LdySphynx

The Fuji pocket digicams are nice...

Overall the Sonys are alright if that is what you have, but if you didn't have a digital camera at all, I would recommed the Fujis or the Canon line.

I guess we a marketing at this very moment ;D!!!

Guest endymion

I second the Canon or Fuji vote for a micro shapshot camera. I have been thrilled with my little digital Elph for years but the new ones are amazing. The little SD10 is the iPod Mini of digital cameras. Real small and very easy to use.

Guest pod

Yeah the SD10 rocks it. If I need to get a mini digital cam, the SD10 would be it. I don't expect 10D quality out of that, but the SD10 quality is great for the sensor size.

Guest pod

If you want one for day to day wanderings, by the end of the year, three megapixel camera phones will be in the market.

If you want one for day to day wanderings, by the end of the year, three megapixel camera phones will be in the market.

to be honest, that's what i've been waiting for. every damn camera phone that comes out is better than the one before it. technology, man. wow.

Guest pod

a1000_side.jpg

Motorola A1000 will have a 1.2 megapixel camera, plus 2 way videophone call capability.

Most of the new Nokias have at least 1.2 MP on their cameras.

Samsung has a 3 megapixel camera phone coming out, but they worked it in reverse, they took a 3 megapixel digital camera and added a simple phone to it.

Guest LdySphynx

I personally feel that those Phone Cameras are an Invasion of privacy. Some people use it for the wrong reasons, here is an example: One day I was at Perfumania it was actually for Xmas and by the end of my purchase the sells guy says to me "those guys took a picture of you with their phone" and the other day at Jade lounge same thing a guy comes up to my husband and told him that these guys that were in the "VIP" were taking pics of me with their phone. Don't get me wrong it's a great idea some people just are so ignorant that they fuck it up for everyone else!!!

Guest macboy

a1000_side.jpg

Motorola A1000 will have a 1.2 megapixel camera, plus 2 way videophone call capability.

Most of the new Nokias have at least 1.2 MP on their cameras.

Samsung has a 3 megapixel camera phone coming out, but they worked it in reverse, they took a 3 megapixel digital camera and added a simple phone to it.

Hey is this the phone that's going to have iTunes installed by Apple?

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,,4505_3838_23,00.html

Guest Cosmigonon

Please move this thread to "Nerd Junkies" :P

LOL...........whats up Josh,hows everything man.

What's up Luis. That was some helluva party we had last friday, ha? :o 8)

Guest LeVeL

You knwo it man and many more parties to come too......hopefully we can meet again in the future man. It was cool to rip the dancefloor the way we did.....huh

Guest Cosmigonon

You knwo it man and many more parties to come too......hopefully we can meet again in the future man. It was cool to rip the dancefloor the way we did.....huh

Next event is Anthony Pappa in Crobar. 8) ;D

Guest coach

Okay, so I just bought a Sony Cyber Shot DSC-P93. It is a 5.1MP, 3x Opt Zoom. Runs on AA batteries, which I do not like. Uses long-life rechargeable batteries, which I do like. Batteries do not recharge in the camera, which I do not like. The startup to picture time is about 2 seconds, which seems pretty good. I very much like the interface. It takes full-sized 640 movies, not just 320. Movie length is limited only by memory.

I purchased it at Wal-Mart because they have a 90-DAY returns policy on electronics. The best I know of. It cost a little under $350. So, can you tech-guys tell me if there is something better I can get for my money. I absolutely will not use a camera that only runs on regular batteries. I'll just take this sucker back!

Thanks!

Guest pod

Not sure if those instances qualify as invasions of privacy, but they're not kosher by any means!

Camera phones are a nifty innovation overall. They are great for stupid little image gathering. I saw a stupid license plate, and took a shot of it. Dragging my 10D out of my bag and setting that up was too much effort.

blingblong.jpg

The privacy implications of camera phones are obvious. Pretty soon every one will have one, as they will be a standard feature, not only for photo taking, but as a feature for two-way video conversations, like the new motorola. Like any new technology, with time people will learn how to use them properly.