Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Pizza in NYC....

Where is your favorite? Listen, pizza is serious. Last nite, I think I found my new favorite spot...

Arturos, on West Houston and Thompson-- right next to Janes...it's divine- over the top...I cant even take it! Call me what you will, I dont care, but last nite I ate a whole pie there- think im exagerrating? I promise im not. The pizza is thin crust and cooked in a coal over...so the crust makes your fingers black....the basil and tomato sauce are so fresh I felt like I was back in Tuscany- my looooord you've gotta try it if you havent already. The place seemed like it had a lot of notoriety, so i presume some of you may have heard of it?

Anyway, next time you're in SoHo, drop by and try this shit. They also serve David Bruce Pinot Noir...my favorite red wine...

When we all finished last nite we walked around the corner to one of the little italian restaurants and sipped Limoncella for a nice nightcap. I recommend that too...there are a bunch of little italian cafes and restaurants to choose from. :D

Guest joeygk

sounds yummy --- I'll have to try it sometime. I haven't found a fav place yet --- NY style pizza takes some getting used to when you're from the midwest.

*I LUV it when they use provolone instead of mozz --- ! ;D

Pizza 33 is pretty good....My brother is obsessed with thin crust pizza and swears by Pizza Booth on Bleecker (not to be confused with pizza box across the street). It's 'cajun style' but much better than two boots. Personally I find Joe's (bleecker and 6th) overrated.

Pizza 33 is pretty good....

It's so good. Get it by the slice...not by the pie...(that's what I say about any pizza joint...it needs to sit for 10-20 minutes after the oven to let everything set and the juices soak in... I highly recommend the chicken and onion slice.

Personally I find Joe's (bleecker and 6th) overrated.

Great call. Agreed.

Pizza 33 is pretty good....

It's so good. Get it by the slice...not by the pie...(that's what I say about any pizza joint...it needs to sit for 10-20 minutes after the oven to let everything set and the juices soak in... I highly recommend the chicken and onion slice.

Personally I find Joe's (bleecker and 6th) overrated.

Great call. Agreed.

the both of you are so on point here....Timmy how could I forget Pizza 33, I still go whenever im in the area.

Joes is very overrated.

67th and Columbus, there is an amazing Pizzeria...named francesco's...also the best in my opinion.

Guest AlanS

Great thread...last time I was in New York I hit up four or five different places...three in one afternoon :)

Taking notes for my next trip... ;D

I have to remember that whenever I'm at pizza 33 that it's post 3am and anything will taste good...but I can still taste that Joe's is inferior! There is a place on the upper east side, 3rd ave in the 70s that has great pizza...but since pizza is basically a post partying food for me, I certainly never go up there. Ever had a Coronet's slice? (110th and bway, by columbia). The biggest slice of pizza ever.