Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Village mini review....

Guest ddg

Guest ddg

i thought the movie was pretty good....great story...kinda slow.....maybe a little slower than sixth sense....has some decent twists....its one of those movies that you could interpret different ways depending on your personality....some scary parts...great acting.....joaquin phoenix has been one of my fav acts since "inventing the abbotts" i kinda want the dvd so i can analyze what some things mean in the movie....def a must see (imo), but i loved signs and sixth sense so its a little behind those two films...

Guest ddg

nick...i dont know if they filmed it in brooklyn...the film itself can be said to have metaphors that deal with todays society and stuff going on around the world....the way that i took it (the movie) it ultimately comes down to preserving innocence from a bad outside world....peeps are gonna take this movie a couple of different way....im interested to see their opinions and how they saw it... ;)

Guest shannon_coolj.

nick...i dont know if they filmed it in brooklyn...the film itself can be said to have metaphors that deal with todays society and stuff going on around the world....the way that i took it (the movie) it ultimately comes down to preserving innocence from a bad outside world....peeps are gonna take this movie a couple of different way....im interested to see their opinions and how they saw it... ;)

me and g.a.t. saw 'the village' on saturday.

i thought it was ok. to me, it was a little too slow moving for my taste but the message shaymalan was trying to get across was great.

it's not about "monsters" really... i think it's about fear. even if you isolate yourself from all the horrors in the world by putting fear into everyone (don't go into the woods -- there are monsters in there!), there's still evil things going on (brody's character).

can't say anymore though because it will ruin that huge twist but it's definitely worth seeing!

Guest dino

did they film this in brooklyn?

I read that they filmed it outside of Philly. That is where he films most his movies...which I was surprised to read....

I thought the movie was real good. It did move slow at times, but the overall feel the movie gave you was great. You can't really say much about it without giving things away. I saw it last night, and the more I have thought about it today the more I have liked it.

Guest coach

Just saw it. Liked it way better than the 6th Sense, which I thought was lame beyond all reasoning.

All I've got to say, though, is "I called it!" Ya'll who have seen the movie know what I'm talking about. Not about the monsters, but about the towns.

Guest dino

No way...I was just the opposite. I called the one, but not the one you did. I was totally surprised about the last one.

Guest ddg

it seems everyone got the message that night was trying to push....i would prob check it out again...but i honestly really want the dvd so i can go a little more in depth in it.....btw...the review on the front page was right on.....good job....

Guest ddg

matt was on saturdays....j ramirez has been throwing it down on fridays....matt is at release in west palm on saturdays now..

Guest durrtylexx

I just saw it and what M. Knight tried to do was different and I'll give him credit for that..The story was rather slow but he did build up the characters and plot..I thought the acting was above par, especially Bryce Dallas Howard, who played Ivy and Adrian Brody. but this is no where near the Sixth sense or Signs..The message was good and its worth checking out.It will make you think..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fatbaldbloke

Hey, will someone PLEASE tell me the twist to The Village? PLEASE? I am going away to study in Iceland (Volcano's don't ya know) for 16 weeks and will be miles from any cinema. As the film isn't released here (UK) yet, then I won't get to see it until it comes out on DVD - months from now.

So I'd be really grateful if someone could let me know what the big plot twist at the end is.

If you don't want to post on this board, then please email me directly on paul dot anderson at scottish dot parliament dot uk

thank you very much ???

• 10 months later...
Guest JMT

just saw this. i liked it. the twist got me. one thing about M. Night here, the unique and subtle way he methodically introduces each character to the viewer is very cool in this movie. thats talent. not as good as sixth sense, but still a good flick.