Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Carisa's Bday@Crobar w/ Jon Cowan & Anthony Pappa

Bling

Crobar as of late has really hit its stride lately. Such moves as bringing in Ralph Falcon as their new resident and booking djs like Donald Glaude, Anthony Pappa, and Sasha in the past few months, coupled with Edgar's cuurent residency, Crobar has been impressive.

I was accompanied tonite by two lovely ladies (non board members),

Vivian and Ester along with Ester's long time friend David. Thanks to Colby's and Jon's list I was able to get myself and all my lady friends into the club with no problem. Their was a bit of a wait by the cash register but nothing to complain about. The drink tickets were distributed, we were hooked up.... :Though they didnt stay for too long I am glad they got to mee the birthday Girl Carisa

Jon was on the decks already throwing down a nice progressive house set. The place was pretty empty at the time so I drop in to say Hello to Jon and introduce him to my friends. We then got our drinks and went to the third floor got some pics.... Yada Yada....... LOL

Around 12 the place started to get jumping. As always there was a large representation of board members. Mostly from CJ this time but there were some Cper's as well.

Special shoutout goes to Macboy... u stayed longer then i did. I am impressed. no early bed time for u tonite sir Also great to see James (Coach) and Annie, as well as Koky, Edgar V, Sammy O, Renzo, Jimmy T, Patois, and OMFGGGGGGGG FUNKETEER!!!!! great to see u again after so long......

There was a lot of junkies in attendance. Of course POD, Trancelator, Turbo240, Zero, Diego's friend Jamie, Andrew Chibale, MDP, BCNjunkie, Cosminigon, DJTekWrek.....

What I have noticed in the past few weeks at Crobar is that lots of industry people are attending the big events from Edgar V to Anthony Pappa. Tonite, was no exception. In attendance was: Luis Puig, Oscar G and his brother, Karin( great seeing u again), Stryke (Greg), and a very sweet young lady i had the pleasure of meeting, Dominique (Loft Magazine)..

So around 1245 or so my friends had to leave because they were meeting up with another of their buddies on south beach.

At this point i bump into Catalina (Caticataca)....I want to send a special thank you for making my nite a great one. Your a blast to hang with and a very sweet girl. Looking foward to the pics you took tonite. Catalina from what she told me, was very impressed with Crobar (her first time there).

Jon Cowan and Anthony Pappa Sets

Jon and Anthony were pretty much tag teaming all nite. SO glad for Jon to be spinning for a packed house. Definitly well deserved. I really liked the last few tracks of his set before Anthony took the decks. Havent heard a few of those tracks in a long time. (I wish I could ID them but I suck at id'ing house)

I was pretty much on the dance floor at this time. Overall the end of Jon's set before Anthony Pappa came one had me dancing the most all nite long.

Anthony Pappa was ok. A lot better then Lawler and Hernan @ Space no question. What really impressed me though was Anthony's use of both Cdr's and both turntables he was really moving around up there just trying to keep up... He definily used all the equipment he was given. Definitly hope to see Jon at Crobar again. Just a quick funny note. I was getting into the harder stufff Jon was dropping and i started to dance a bit right on the railing surrounding the booth, when Stryke (Greg) comes up to me and says "THAT'S TECHNO" heh u trying to convert me ? def cant wait for Nocturnal to open up to ck you out on a regular basis.

Overall he club never really got too too packed but it was jammed enough, especially the area behind the DJ booth. People dancing, drinking... etc......

As opposed to the times I am there for Edgar V (I am normally jumping around in the booth) I had the opportunity to walk around the club at some length. I never get tired of people watching from the second floor. Seeing people dancing from above all in unison.... Poetry in motion. From up there got to see the bartender up front bust out with a fire extinguisher and spray it all around kickin up napkins everywhere.

Last but certainly not least, must send out a huge shoutout to Carisa. May you have a happy and incredible birthday weekend. I was honored to share such a milestone birthday with you. (oops my mistake the first annivesary of your 29th birthday)

Left at around 430 am and as I was walking back to my car noticed something went down on Washington. CSI vans and cops everywhere with yellow tape surrounding a part of the street. Not good.....

Till next time...... most likely tomrrow at either Space or Blue

Guest Cosmigonon

Yeah, I had a great night too. Lots of CJ heads, Renzo, Bling, Pod, of course, the bday girl Carisa, Coach, Annettte, Phunky, Turbo240, Trancelator and I met a couple of ohter members, Mirza, DjTekWrek, all4tribal and I think mikey4, or was it mdp? ??? I really don't know.

I gotta thank CJ, this the 1rst time I use the guestlist and it workde just great, no drama at the door, got all hooked up right away ;D

The surprising thing is that there were a lot more CJ heads than I thought and I didn't even got to meet them. I also want to thank Bling to finally remembering my name ;D

The club was packed, really packed, ant the music was really good, sorry I can't say anything more, but I ain't no trainspotter :-[, so I'll leave that to the people who know.

After that we heade to Envy, but by that time I was feeling bad, so I just stayed ther for half an hour and left. Thanks to Rick for the hook up at the door.

Well, I guess I'll see you around, gotta go to work now. 8)

Happy Birthday Carisa....

Sorry we didn't make it to Crobar... we came as early as we could (i had to work late) and I didn't feel like waiting in that unorganized line.... anyway nice to see Macboy Dan and Rich (djrx) while waiting! (LOL)

We called Eddy Guerra and checked out Amika... fucking place is swweeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttttttttt.... thanks for the hospitality EG :)

Sounds like your birthday bash was incredible!! Wish we could have been there... So i owe ya some drinks next time we're out n' about ;)

:-* :-*

Guest web_norah

those guys sucked ass !

ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz

how so that i went back to my car to chill ...

lol, then went back to crobar ::)

without mentioning names -a little birdie told me the same

YAAAAWWWWNNNNNNNNN night at Crobar

i've seen Anthony Pappa at Space before and wasnt too into his music......anyway. that's my two cents

Guest DJTeKWReK

I got to the beach around 10:30, dropped off my list at State and ran over to Crobar to say what up to everyone. The line was long, so I didn't even get cheked off on Jon's list, so I had Luis walk me in. I found Bling and his two friends, Vivian and Ester, great to see you as always Bling (AND THANX FOR THE EDIT IN UR REVIEW!!! lol). After jammin for a bit, I went up and introduced myself to Jon (great to finally meet you bro) who was throwing a groovin set! Not long after that, I had to return to State and work my crowd for a little while. I think i finally got back to Crobar around 3:00, but I was a little wasted, so I don't much remember the time. I found Carissa (happy b-day again babe! you can't say that it was a bad night by any means!) and she introduced me to Mirza (wassa bro), Turbo, Cosmignon, and a whole bunch of other CJers (which happened one after the other, so excuse me if i didn't mention your name... it was a bit of a frenzy!). Dan was of course in attendence, (looking very sharp in that suit jacket might I add... a change from t-shirt wednesdays at Cafeteria!).. Around 4:40 I ran back to State to close down the club, and then returned to Crobar to find everyone going to NV, so I decided to tag along, although I was extremely tired and bit tipsy... lol We waited in line a little, but I had a great convo with you guys, hope to see u 2nite at space. Carissa, sorry I never made it in, but u know I love ya anywayz! All in all, a great night, and I'm psyched for some Afterhours!

Guest durrtylexx

those guys sucked ass !

i've seen Anthony Pappa at Space before and wasnt too into his music......anyway. that's my two cents

::)

yeap..I was bored also...

It was nice meeting CJ people and others, all in all I had a good time...

Pat you the man son and your cool ass GF Irene...

Guest mikepayne

Left at around 430 am and as I was walking back to my car noticed something went down on Washington. CSI vans and cops everywhere with yellow tape surrounding a part of the street. Not good.....

I walked outside about 4:10 to grab a breath of fresh air and make a phone call. As I was standing there around the front door of crobar, a huge fight broke out. Some guy was basically waiting outside crobar for another guy he was arguing with to come out, and when the dude came out, all hell broke loose. Bouncers were jumping over railings and shit, lots of punches were thrown, they would up having to practically hogtie the guy that started it. Two bouncers put him on the floor and each grabbed one leg and they stretched him like a wishbone. I felt sorry for the dude's groin, hehe.

In the last two weeks I've seen more fights at crobar than in the past two years. Coincidentally, crobar has also been HOT the past two weekends. And I mean temperature-wise. It's like the frickin' A/C is broken or something. Never before last weekend have I seen the bartenders bust out the fire extinguishers, but they were doing it all night last Friday, Saturday, and tonight.

Fun, fun, fun!

Guest mikepayne

more than likely ill hit space as the weather sucks (wanted to hit blue and crobar)

OK... I'll bite on this one. First off, I'll admit the only club I'd ever been to on South Beach was crobar until last night. I know a few people that work there, so I usually get to skip the line and the overall experience there is really nice. With that said, last night it was suggested to me to walk across the street and check out Blue as we were leaving crobar on the way to eNVy. I walked in the door and finally realized why all my friends who've been to mad clubs on the beach tell me I'm so spoiled. I think my apartment is bigger than that place.

I really just don't understand why anyone would leave crobar to go there, or go there in the first place unless crobar's line is crazy. Maybe if I was at crobar and the music was totally blowing ass, and I didn't feel sufficiently drunk yet...

doode ....

a place being packed doesnt mean shit ... crobar is always like that ... they could have "mickey mouse" playing there and the place will still get packed .. from that point on, is the dj business to get the party going on ..

last night, it was just more of the same old shit .. prog prog prog .. the miami scene needs soemthing different ...

prog prog prog = blah blah blah

i did went to Blue and i had way more fun that at crobar ...

only reason i went back was because of Carisa ...

everything else sucked ass

btw, im gonna have to agree with Saleen ... bring a fucking classics night !

Guest web_norah

btw SPOT ON Andrew!

seriously, anyone can pack a club and Crobar is always full ..i am not dumping on anyones parade last night....but the appeal of prog faded a long time ago.....not 100% on the classics thing, i just dont see it happening unless someone like Frankie Knuckles or Danny Krivit is invited to play Miami....

Guest DJTeKWReK

Blue is awesome because not only has it been running for YEARS, it always has a nice crowd that is there for the music, which is usually good. Crobar fills up with 1/4 tourists, 1/4 single chicks that wanna get laid, 1/4 people that try to be "VIP", and 1/4 people that actually care (which are the same people on this board and in the industry). You should come out to cafeteria wed, like i said MDP, we'll hit blue after. Danny Tenaglia likes ot hang there on Wed. nites, i'll into u if he's there. OH BTW, THE CSI VANS AND ALL THAT WAS THERE CAUSE SOMEONE GOT STABBED IN FRONT OF MADONNAS.

Yeah, I had a great night too. Lots of CJ heads, Renzo, Bling, Pod, of course, the bday girl Carisa, Coach, Annettte, Phunky, Turbo240, Trancelator and I met a couple of ohter members, Mirza, DjTekWrek, all4tribal and I think mikey4, or was it mdp? ??? I really don't know.

I gotta thank CJ, this the 1rst time I use the guestlist and it workde just great, no drama at the door, got all hooked up right away ;D

The surprising thing is that there were a lot more CJ heads than I thought and I didn't even got to meet them. I also want to thank Bling to finally remembering my name ;D

The club was packed, really packed, ant the music was really good, sorry I can't say anything more, but I ain't no trainspotter :-[, so I'll leave that to the people who know.

After that we heade to Envy, but by that time I was feeling bad, so I just stayed ther for half an hour and left. Thanks to Rick for the hook up at the door.

Well, I guess I'll see you around, gotta go to work now. 8)

I see somebody at least remembered me.... ::cough bling cough:: lol...i dont see my sn on there wtf! lol jk

good meeting u too bro!

Amika was packed too, i think i went in/out w/ turbo bout 2-3 times...but overall a great night

btw...i was the tallest one there lol..so u know who i am incase u were wondering ;D :P

yea i saw one of the dude's that got stabbed...me and turbo were crossing the street right there going back to crobar, and the paramedics were taking care of the dude that got stabbed...crazy shit..oh well

we went to blue also, wasnt freshman spinning there? oh and btw...who's that girl up on the bar? she's cuuuuutttteee...i know she works there since she's always up on that bar

going for 2nd round of amika, maybe cro, than offcourse space!

Guest Cosmigonon

doode ....

a place being packed doesnt mean shit ... crobar is always like that ... they could have "mickey mouse" playing there and the place will still get packed .. from that point on, is the dj business to get the party going on ..

last night, it was just more of the same old shit .. prog prog prog .. the miami scene needs soemthing different ...

WHO THE FUCK CARES?????????????????????

When I go to a club, I want to see a lot of people; you can't comapre Blue to Crobar, one is a bar, and the other is a Club. If you wanna have a couple of beers and listen to some cool music, you can go to Blue (that's all you can do anyway, cause the music is too loud to have a conversation), becuase they rock at it. If you feel like having the whole experience, go to Crobar, you will never be disapointed...

When I'm broke i go to Blue, otherwise...

Guest vaughan
I really just don't understand why anyone would leave crobar to go there, or go there in the first place

Why do some people like Chocolate Ice Cream and some like Vanilla... come on now... THINK!!! Different strokes for different folks.. it's all good... just do what you like... ;D

last night it was suggested to me to walk across the street and check out Blue as we were leaving crobar on the way to eNVy. I walked in the door and finally realized why all my friends who've been to mad clubs on the beach tell me I'm so spoiled. I think my apartment is bigger than that place.

Variety is the spice of life and when you walk into Blue it feels like everyone is gonna yell, "NORM!" Not only that but Marc Vane is an incredible DJ...just a different style that most other DJs on the beach...thats why I like it. ;D

yea i saw one of the dude's that got stabbed...me and turbo were crossing the street right there going back to crobar, and the paramedics were taking care of the dude that got stabbed...crazy shit..oh well

we went to blue also, wasnt freshman spinning there? oh and btw...who's that girl up on the bar? she's cuuuuutttteee...i know she works there since she's always up on that bar

going for 2nd round of amika, maybe cro, than offcourse space!

Who are you? I still havent figured out if we have ever met!!! LOL!

I just want to say thank you again to Jon Cowan and Colby Reese for hooking it up for my Bday last night. Thank you guys so much. I had a great time and the music was great (if you like progressive...and I do). Jon you had a GREAT opening set and you looked like you were having a great time. Nice to see you behind the decks again. ;) And another big THANK YOU to everyone that came out to celebrate with me. The night would not haven been as enjoyable if it wasnt for you guys...you RAWK.

;D ;D ;D

PS. Jon, bring Nick Warren to Crobar...PLEASE!!!!! ;D

Guest AlanS

doode ....

LOL...the only reason I went to Crobar period was for Carisa...

But I had a decent time while I was there, some of the funkier stuff they were dropping early on was better then I was expecting for the night. Plenty of boarders out and about...too many to mention....cool hanging with yall as always. Gina wasn't feeling too well, so we bailed early, grabbed some PIZZA and headed home.

Guest trancelator

those guys sucked ass !

::)

yeap..I was bored also...

It was nice meeting CJ people and others, all in all I had a good time...

Pat you the man son and your cool ass GF Irene...

Haven't been on the boards all weekend. Just wanted to say it was great seeing the cj heads on Friday. Music was ok but people make the experience better. And I agree with Carisa (hope you had a great b-day weekend BTW), bring back Nick Warren!

As always is was good seeing you, Alex. The woman and I will see you @ Delux next week. ;D