Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Killers - Sombody told me.....

Guest klit

Posted about this track on the music board not too long ago. Great track. Definately some good rock coming out these days.

Not the same style but check thes out as well.

franz ferdinand - take me out

and

modest mouse - float on

This one is definately the best one though, just ends too quick imo. Always gotta hear it more then once.

Guest klit

I just got the album yesterday so haven't really listened to it yet. Did quickly hear parts of each songs and they all sounded good from that. I'll post up how the album is after giving it a proper listen soon.

I am plannin on catching them play live as well when they come here on sept. 24th. Playing at some place in lauderdale called the culture room, any info on the place?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest klit

Late review but I said I'd do it so here is a quick review.

Track 1- Jesse Was a Friend of Mine = Nothing special here, but still a pretty good song. Got a nice lil beat behind it though. 7/10

2. MR. Brightside: This is their next single and is sort of the same style as somebody told me, but less energy in the track. Very good track though and some pretty funny lyrics about a guy going nuts over his girl cheating on him. 8/10

3. Smile Like You Mean It: Best song on the cd though very different style then the style they been pushing. Check out this track though. 9.5/10

4. Somebody Told Me: You all know it by now, great track with tons of energy at the end. Impossible not to speed your car and sing at the top of your lungs to this stuff even though the lyrics are strange. 9/10

5.All these things I've done: Starts off slow and just regular okay song, but towards 2 minutes into the song gets really good. You gotta hear this track to see what I mean. AGain different style then the rest of cd. 8.5/10

6. Andy Your A Star: Good rock track. 8.5/10

7. On Top: Heavy use of synthesizers and sounds like an ayla record in the beginning but turns out to be quite a good rock track. Strange song as is the cd. 8/10

8-11: Blahhhhhhhhhhh, they got lazy with the cd and those tracks I never really ever listen to.

Overall its a good cd and much better then three quarters of the crap rock thats been released in couple of years. Some great singles on it and you'll catch yourself singing along to these songs nonstop at the top of your lungs. It is definately worth the $9.99 price tag at best buy. Check it out.

Guest klit

How is that place that they playing in next month?

I'd prob download that cd 2, but best buy cds are fairly priced so if i know an album is good and not just composed of one decent track and a bunch of fillers I get it esp. with that reward zone crap.

• 3 months later...
Guest klit

These guys played the culture room last night. They put on an amazing performance and the place went crazy when they played somebody told me or their new hit mr. brightside.

The place was too crowded and too hot but music was great so made up for it. Definately get this cd if you don't have it yet and you liked their first single "somebody told me"

that's a great song

also you mentioned franz ferdinand, i got their new album last month, it's freakin incredible. i caught their performance on the mtv europe awards, freakin incredible too. there is definitely a new age in rock coming, thank god, it's about freakin time ;D

Guest slamminshaun

ahhh, this track is pure dopness that i'm sure is going to get remixed....

such a great sound, kind of combines housey sounds with rock. Got a great beat and the dude has a great voice. Lets hope rebounds, since I fucking hate hip hop...

King Unique already did a remix of this song. Been out for quite a few months. I have it on Soul Seek if you need it. PM me for my SS ID.