Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boozy bong hits

Guest endymion

this is so funny that you post this today! I am am doing all of their media work - I just shot their press event- we had it at Trust Lounge in the Meatpacking district- Im developing a media news release - i got soundbites with the british dude who invented it as well as the president of the company which distributes and markets it- Spirit Partners. there was a ton of press at the event-

The reason it is getting so much press is because legislators are trying to supress it saying that it is a way to get around the breathalizer test.

Tonight, the state liquor authority came and told the owner of the bar that he could lose his license if he served the AWOL with alcohol...that they were determining if it was even legal in ny state. So they had to use gatorade instead.

Guest cutchemist

ya want a chemist insight on this one or r u gonna wing it?

Fine, go ahead with the insight....u big nerd. :P

inhalation is the second quickest absorption route to intravenous...

when u eat nething u destroy 30%.... so 4 ur money

if u inhale whatever u will get 30% more and get a buz quicker

ur welcome asso i mean renzo

ya want a chemist insight on this one or r u gonna wing it?

Fine, go ahead with the insight....u big nerd. :P

inhalation is the second quickest absorption route to intravenous...

when u eat nething u destroy 30%.... so 4 ur money

if u inhale whatever u will get 30% more and get a buz quicker

ur welcome asso i mean renzo

with this device it takes 20 minutes to inhale 1 oz. A shot is 1 oz. unless someone had a lot of time on their hands, I dont forsee anyone getting bombed off of this machine. It creates a light mist, not anything substantial.

Guest cutchemist

3_3_11v.gif

ur just too cool for me... wow u even speak spanish... ur just plain out of this world... >:(

niiiice ::)

Queremos ver tu foto y no la de Sandra Collins, quimicaguapa... :P

Guest endymion

If it's just making a mist of droplets of liquid then doesn't most of it really end up in your stomach and not absorbed through your lungs? Can your lungs even absorb alcohol? If so then is that a good idea? Mustard works great in the belly but it can be toxic in the lungs.

Guest saintjohn

i haven't investigated the awol unit, but it seems to be nothing more than an over-priced, overly-complicated, over-hyped nebulizer (ev, please correct me if i'm wrong). similar devices have been used for decades to deliver various medications via inhalation. portable, battery-powered, ultrasonic models (about the size of a tall beer can) are available for less than $300.

i don't recommend playing with medical devices. in respiratory therapy, the entire delivery system is kept sterile. after all, the mist created by a nebulizer goes straight into your lungs. the finer the particles, the deeper they go. a nebulized mist can carry medicine or microbes. your lungs can't tell the difference.

how much do you trust your bartender?

Guest saintjohn

i love google:

Alcohol experts described the device as "diabolical" and warned that inhaling alcohol could cause serious brain damage.

Professor Oliver James, head of clinical medical sciences at Newcastle University, said: "By snorting the alcohol it can go directly into the brain without being filtered by the liver.

"What is getting into your brain could be the equivalent of many times more than by drinking it.

"This will not only make you very drunk very quickly but is also likely to increase the risk of direct alcohol damage to the brain. This could do irreversible damage to nerves, lead to swelling and possibly lead to dementia in the long term."

not exactly my idea of fun.

source:

http://smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/17/1076779936386.html?oneclick=true

Guest cutchemist
Can your lungs even absorb alcohol? If so then is that a good idea?

when u absorb ne thing things its about blood...how fast can it get into ur blood stream and what does it have to get through to get there (eating=liver, stomach or snorting=mucus membrane)...all of ur blood goes through ur lungs with out nething in between (sml % of compound lost=degraded no longer active)

right on....saint j

the saint's got some skills....i'm impressed...it is a neb basically...i would have ref. it but i didn't think ne one would know what one was but the respiratory-challenged like myself

Guest endymion

Okay but there is still a huge difference between alcohol in a vapor state hitting your lungs, and an liquid droplet containing alcohol. When you absorb THC or nicotine through your lungs, you are heating those chemicals to their vapor point and then absorbing them directly through your lungs as vapor, then you cough up the solid carbon carcinogen junk that your lungs can't absorb.

This thing doesn't make alcohol vapor that you inhale, right? It just makes a mist of droplets of liquid. I hypothesize that those are going to end up condensing in your mouth and esophagus and they will end up in your stomach, and your lungs won't really have much of a chance to do anything with it. What do your lungs normally do with foreign liquid that you inhale while you're trying to exchange gases like O2? You cough that stuff up pronto and it ends up in your stomach.

Guest cutchemist

pure ETOH has a very low vp so i ASSuMEd that it was a vapor...i'll have to read more about the liquids composition