Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This weekend proves once again that...

CrzyC1414779017

our local DJs rock better than any guest DJ I have seen since conference.

Friday night I got to hear:

Shawn Rudnick

Cue

Marc Vane

Gabby Fain

Bruno

Saturday night it was:

Seth Shore

Marc Vane

Oscar G

Roland

Cue

HOLY CRAP!!!! I had almost forgotten how good we have it down here!!!!!

LOVE YOU GUYS TO PIECES!!!!

;D ;D ;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

then when morillo shows up reality sinks in, Miami and it's djs are second rate guys who use the city of miami as a crutch..

sure some or good, some are damm good, but Miami jocks are cookie cutter/conservation/play what works, djs..

Yeah I've seen many DJ's play in many situations. I agree with this statement with exception to Bruno. He's in my opinion the best DJ on the above list as far as locals go..that's just my opinion though. Different strokes for different folks......

Guest klit

oscar rocked it last night .. people were going bannana's in there.

Only heard his opening song before I left. Looked like he was going to rock the room but I was beat.

Gotta say space sound system sounds better these days and lots of changes made since the last time I went which was like april I think. Lighting is better and even that lounge downstairs has changed up a bit. Good job there.

Also nice to see cedric knows how to work that room well and have the people loving his stuff. Crowd was going crazy to it, but I don't know myself did not enjoy it too much. Guess not my style that much.

Guest pod

Cedric's settling into his residency just fine. Yeah I said it. Something positive about him..hell is freezing over! ;D

But hey, I give credit where credit is due, and people can and do change. If tomorrow all of the sudden Privé/Opium dropped the bourgeios bullshit, started booking great DJs, and became a drunken den of great music and people, I'd sing their praises too.

Guest FRESHMAN00000

sure some or good, some are damm good, but Miami jocks are cookie cutter/conservation/play what works, djs..

A DJ's job is to play what works!

Thats what we get paid for.

Guest lyrik

I think he was speaking about certain other DJs...obviously we don't play the typical Miami sound so we can't fall into the "playing what works" mold nor are we conservative when we play. I will say that I think Morillo plays what works more than any other house DJ out there. Big room borderline mainstream house that ages quite quickly. Not to say he isn't good...however I don't give him as much credit as everyone else does just because he is a marketing genius in dance music and makes a boat load of cash. I use to dig Morillo about 6-7 years ago. My personal opinion is he is becoming the Tiesto of House Music...but hey thats just me...now everyone can jump all over for saying it, but in a lot of house circles you would hear the same opinion just maybe not as nicely put....but those people get called elitest...but to me I consider myself a purest. I am not gonna sell myself out to something that just "works" to get ahead or get noticed, I rather stay with what moves my soul.

Guest AlanS

Word...and also Jasson Wiggil and Johnny Ramirez tearing in it up PBC style on Friday night.

If you're not playing from the heart & soul...forget about it

Guest JMT

Word...and also Jasson Wiggil and Johnny Ramirez tearing in it up PBC style on Friday night.

double WERD. no need to ever leave PBC when you have music like this.

Guest lavosdeldiablo

then when morillo shows up reality sinks in, Miami and it's djs are second rate guys who use the city of miami as a crutch..

SHUT UP SALEEEN!!!!!

LMAO!

Guest Sheldon

Cedric's settling into his residency just fine. Yeah I said it. Something positive about him..hell is freezing over! ;D

But hey, I give credit where credit is due, and people can and do change. If tomorrow all of the sudden Privé/Opium dropped the bourgeios bullshit, started booking great DJs, and became a drunken den of great music and people, I'd sing their praises too.

opium do book great dj's...every friday night Vaughan and Sheldon ;)

Guest bcnjunkie

I think he was speaking about certain other DJs...obviously we don't play the typical Miami sound so we can't fall into the "playing what works" mold nor are we conservative when we play. I will say that I think Morillo plays what works more than any other house DJ out there. Big room borderline mainstream house that ages quite quickly. Not to say he isn't good...however I don't give him as much credit as everyone else does just because he is a marketing genius in dance music and makes a boat load of cash. I use to dig Morillo about 6-7 years ago. My personal opinion is he is becoming the Tiesto of House Music...but hey thats just me...now everyone can jump all over for saying it, but in a lot of house circles you would hear the same opinion just maybe not as nicely put....but those people get called elitest...but to me I consider myself a purest. I am not gonna sell myself out to something that just "works" to get ahead or get noticed, I rather stay with what moves my soul.

100% agree, I have been posting the same thing .... Morillo had his day, the last times i saw him here it was a shadow of what I expected. His cockiness is impeding his ability, also, doing lines on a record while is spinning is not a talent (do it if you want but don't display it to the world as an attribute...)

Guest bcnjunkie

the only thing second rate is your post ...... zzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz

Guest vaughan

And it doesn't get much better than that! Hehe! ;D

Guest bcnjunkie

And it doesn't get much better than that! Hehe! ;D

;D

Guest mikepayne

also, doing lines on a record while is spinning is not a talent

Wow, dude... I hope that's a joke. If I ever saw a DJ do that I'd wonder what was more tiring, carrying record crates, or carrying around the huge set of balls it would take to pull a stunt like that.

Guest bcnjunkie

also, doing lines on a record while is spinning is not a talent

Wow, dude... I hope that's a joke. If I ever saw a DJ do that I'd wonder what was more tiring, carrying record crates, or carrying around the huge set of balls it would take to pull a stunt like that.

nope, not a joke !, he did it at Space ! I believe in do what you want to do, but it doesn't add to your respectability when you're working (which is what essentially he's doing !)