Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oh No!!!! Hurricane Frances.....

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

Not again, this living down in the 'Deep South' is getting scary....I can't remember the season being this crazy last year. Think this is headed our way? It's now a Cat 3 hurricane and it's expected to become a Cat 5 within the next few days....

Guest Adam Singer

this shit needs to swing north or south or something!!! its going to fuck up alot more than our weekends if it hits us!!! :(

Guest pod

They say it is going to be a busy season every year.

Well, the NHC is starting to get a little more worried, enough that they are telling everyone to watch the storm.

Guest Adam Singer

it cant come on like a monday or tuesday, *has* to funk the weekend doesnt it?

i mean if there is going to be a massive storm to cause death a destruction (lets hope not)...it should at least get us off of work/school!

Guest JMT

1999 marked the end of the hurricane "down cycle," which meteorology experts say lasts for a few decades. we are now in the higher activity period. the last one was from 1920-1959, where 73 hurricanes were discovered.

for this year expert forecaster William Gray predicted 3 major hurricanes. there has already been 4, with 2 classified as "major".

Francis is already a 4 and still cooking. this one could f some stuff up.

ive lived here my whole life. personally i like the excitement they cause but i really hope it turns away.

Guest swirlundergrounder

this shit needs to swing north or south or something!!! its going to fuck up alot more than our weekends if it hits us!!! :(

yeah..I want to go see DT on Sunday night..... no seriously though, this one looks really scary!!! I reserved a hotel room for the weekend over in Naples. Think that's a good plan?

Guest pod

Current landfall prediction is around Vero Beach. However, the NHC is saying it is way too far in advance to tell for sure.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Current landfall prediction is around Vero Beach. However, the NHC is saying it is way too far in advance to tell for sure.

We should know as soon as Friday?

Guest swirlundergrounder

This sucks. I have no way of boarding up my windows cuz my living room in my townhouse is all one big window and I'm on the water as well so if the water rises in the case of a direct hit my whole place would get flooded..Looks like I have to move my studio stuff upstairs if thats the case b4 evacuating if necessary........ :-\ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

im getting a bit nervous. i know we all have great weekends coming up in clubland esp us trancers.......

lets pray and hope it comes no where near us....... :'(

even if it doesnt hit us directly the weather could be so bad it could keep us in.... grrrrrrrrrr

Guest swirlundergrounder

im getting a bit nervous. i know we all have great weekends coming up in clubland esp us trancers.......

lets pray and hope it comes no where near us....... :'(

even if it doesnt hit us directly the weather could be so bad it could keep us in.... grrrrrrrrrr

Hell no..

Guest swirlundergrounder

So if this thing hits Vero Beach would we still have to evacuate the Miami area or not cuz were would be on the weaker side?

Guest pod

Well Vero Beach is about 150 miles north of us. We'd certainly feel "tropical storm" effects this far south, but it wouldn't be anything really worth evacuating for.

The newest estimates have it hitting Jacksonville, so if that is the case, the worst we'll get is a lot of rain.

Again things could change, so we won't know for sure until Thursday or so...

Guest swirlundergrounder

I just upped the coverage on my renters insurance. I just watched the news and Oh-boy this looks scary!

Guest Adam Singer

miami is going to be spared it looks like (again)...good, my parents house will be okay...

now i must pray for my OWN saftey! daymn! turn north nowwwww!

ive been planning a party for a while that weekend, but i just changed the theme:

hurrcane.jpg

Guest Clarisa

I just heard on the radio a newsflash that says FRances will be hitting Vero Beach and north Florida. So South FL is spared this time.

Guest pod

I just heard on the radio a newsflash that says FRances will be hitting Vero Beach and north Florida. So South FL is spared this time.

You never know.

Check www.nhc.noaa.gov for the best info. It is where the news stations get their info from. Then they stylize it up making it seem like the end of the world.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Yep I got all my insurance stuff gathered up and confirmed just in case. But doing so for some reason onlly scares me more that Frances will hit us.......