Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Netflix+Tivo

Guest klit

Guest klit

This should drive blockbuster nuts.

http://news.com.com/Report:+Netflix,+TiVo+close+to+movie+deal/2100-1041_3-5348756.html?tag=cnetfd.buzz

Online DVD-renter Netflix and digital video recorder maker TiVo are close to a deal to let Netflix subscribers download movies to their TiVo devices, according to Newsweek.

Newsweek, citing an anonymous source close to the talks, said the deal could be approved by TiVo's board of directors this week. Representatives of TiVo and Netflix could not immediately be reached for comment.

Such a service would require subscriptions to both Netflix and TiVo, as well as a broadband Internet connection. TiVo's current service allows the recording of broadcast TV programs, while Netflix delivers its DVDs through the mail.

TiVo has said it was working on delivering unique content, such as independent films, over the Internet to subscriber set-top boxes. In January, TiVo acquired Strangeberry, a California company that designs broadband television software.

Guest endymion

Holy cow this would be cool.

where the f*ck have you been? ;D

I was enjoying being holed up for Frances with some friends. It was a pretty kickass weekend for me. Nobody else seems to have enjoyed the weekend. Poor planning, IMO...

Guest klit

what happened to Movies on Demand> it is about the same... i hardly ever go to a movie rental place anymore.

You talking about ppv movies? If yeah this is a bit different cause you'd be able to watch any movie you could possibly want to watch whenever u feel like it. Not just limited to the ppv movies available that week.