Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Break nights in Florida

Guest cutchemist

To thread jack this even more... I THINK I'M GONNA BRING UBERZONE DOWN.... hehehehe.. how many of you would like to see em?

they were good when i saw them live... ;)

bring james lavelle down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DJTeKWReK

Uberzone has a music category unto themselves... As for lavelle, THAT WOULD BE SICK!!! Adn yeas, Sharaz did do "Just Cant Wait." It was Rick West's RMX he put on his Flavored Beats. BTW, Breaks has never been a front runner in the Electronic scene. U forget u live in Miami, where it has taken the seat to the "Wolly Mamomoth," but elsewhere in the country, it is THRIVING... Intracoastal from Cali, Florida from, well, Florida, Electro from Miami and Tampa, and Progressive from all over.

sucks that lavelle hit up north carolina.....when i dont live there anymore!! >:( >:( wonder what the deal with nocturnal is on dec 26...they have icey and baby anne..(which i cant wait for) seems like the night space (night of pvd before ultra) had icey, baby anne, monk, aaron carter, kimball collins, ak1200......wonder if they have anyone else jumping in on the breaks that night...???? :D

Guest durrtylexx

To thread jack this even more... I THINK I'M GONNA BRING UBERZONE DOWN.... hehehehe.. how many of you would like to see em?

fuck yea motherfucker... ;D

Guest LdySphynx

Rick West did "Just Can't Wait"? Nah....I'm pretty sure it was Sharaz. Rick West just put it on one of his Flavored Beats CD's....the guy is not that talented as a producer to be able to make a song like that classic. I went up to Melbourne three Saturdays back to check him out at Tobago Club. They had been pumping it on the radio for the past couple of weeks. The turnout? I counted roughly 50 or so glowstick clad kids....I was a big breaks fan myself in the late 90's...but let's be real, breaks are taking a seat next to the wolly mammoth and saber-toothed tiger. They'd be dead already if it weren't for Hybrid, Plump DJ's, Icey, Infiniti, and Sharaz.

You're right it was Sharaz, Rick West had it on his Flavored beats he just played so DAM much you'd swear it was his :P!!!

Guest durrtylexx

Uberzone has a music category unto themselves... As for lavelle, THAT WOULD BE SICK!!! Adn yeas, Sharaz did do "Just Cant Wait." It was Rick West's RMX he put on his Flavored Beats. BTW, Breaks has never been a front runner in the Electronic scene. U forget u live in Miami, where it has taken the seat to the "Wolly Mamomoth," but elsewhere in the country, it is THRIVING... Intracoastal from Cali, Florida from, well, Florida, Electro from Miami and Tampa, and Progressive from all over.

Yea I find it rather weird..I have a friend in San Fran and she's a promoter over there..Most of the big parties over there are now Breaks parties, samething with Los Angeles..Its all good as long as Nocturnal continues to bring dj's like Baby Anne, I'll be happy..

Guest LdySphynx

Awwww, man you guys would have loved living in Orlando!!!

Talk about Breaks, I remember when Rick West was the resident of The Blue Room in Downtown, Orlando.

What was his song back in the day???

(Just can't wait)

Oh and RobE was also very popular his Diving Faces was the SHIT!!!!!

I used to live in o-town... I worked at The Club @ Firestone (i was a residents, and also ran the wet t-shirt contest) and Icon. I worked with party 95.3 for a little while, doin promotions, and I helped organize the Blockbuster Party we did in front of Icon with Rockell, Icey, Darude, Etc... I remember when Firestone had the hydraulic platforms, and the garage doors would open up at 6:00 am, with ravers spillin onto the sidewalks while the white collars drove into downtown.. Now, it sucks, thats why I moved back to Miami to work in Nitelife here... LdySphynx, were u born in o-town? Remember DJ Sandy, 8on, and Sandra Collins? The 90's rocked!!!!!!!!!!

No I was not born in Otown,lol...I lived there from 99 to 2001. But yes I remember DJ Sandy and the blockbuster Party that went on. I used to head out to Roxy's Jeff DJ 5.0 who was the resident DJ of Roxy's is actually a really good friend of mine I talk to him every now and again. I remember the only afterhours back then beside the Gay ones was H2O right next to The Blue Room...which its funny when you think about it cause afterhours for Orlando was considered from 1am to 7am back then, but they ended up cracking down on all of them. I still speak to a few friends of mine and they basically say that the club scene is basically dead and that everyone just basically has house parties.

Guest DJTeKWReK

Remeber the Afterhours Club, HEAVEN? Dude, I used to spin there, and it was crazier than any Afterhours session ive seen in Miami yet.. However, let me make it clear the miami afterhours DOMINATES any afterhours as a whole i've been to. Roxy is nice, the remodeled it.. AGAIN.. LOL... Did u ever to Cairo? Oh, and doesn't Tabu make you laugh at how HARD they try to be like Level/mansion/SouthBeach? They never understood how to run that place (especially their "VIP Upstairs Bar"). I quit after my second party there.

Guest LdySphynx

Remeber the Afterhours Club, HEAVEN? Dude, I used to spin there, and it was crazier than any Afterhours session ive seen in Miami yet.. However, let me make it clear the miami afterhours DOMINATES any afterhours as a whole i've been to. Roxy is nice, the remodeled it.. AGAIN.. LOL... Did u ever to Cairo? Oh, and doesn't Tabu make you laugh at how HARD they try to be like Level/mansion/SouthBeach? They never understood how to run that place (especially their "VIP Upstairs Bar"). I quit after my second party there.

Yeah I went To Cairo & Icon...I personally hated Tabu, even before it was Tabu. If I am not mistaken it was called Beach Place or something like that, but yeah anyway Tabu was just too big of a place it felt like you were in a Gymnasium & the crowd was just a bunch of snobby people that wanted to act like they were "Respectful and Decent" and were the first ones that were snorting anything that came across their noses, plus the music was never any good. I never got to go to Heaven, but in conclusion I always found the little holes in the wall to be the best spots to party in!!!

Guest web_norah

i love breaks....mostly nu school and UK breaks and some FL. and btw Breaks isnt for kids....that's a stereotype.

yea I would like to hear Phil K live...

he's been here before.

i'm very surprised no one booked freeland on this usa tour of his.

Adam F is in NY soon Sept 26th and the tour's theme is We Want Your US Vote :)

- - he'll be featured on No Cover this fall

Guest cutchemist

Awwww, man you guys would have loved living in Orlando!!!

Talk about Breaks, I remember when Rick West was the resident of The Blue Room in Downtown, Orlando.

What was his song back in the day???

(Just can't wait)

Oh and RobE was also very popular his Diving Faces was the SHIT!!!!!

those were the fcukin days lady.......I used to drive from downtown orlando to tampa @ 4am to be at work by 6....mmm.....yummy....met some of the best friends of my life.....firestone...Kimble....baby anne...good times

Guest cutchemist

Yeah I went To Cairo & Icon...I personally hated Tabu, even before it was Tabu. If I am not mistaken it was called Beach Place or something like that, but yeah anyway Tabu was just too big of a place it felt like you were in a Gymnasium & the crowd was just a bunch of snobby people that wanted to act like they were "Respectful and Decent" and were the first ones that were snorting anything that came across their noses, plus the music was never any good. I never got to go to Heaven, but in conclusion I always found the little holes in the wall to be the best spots to party in!!!

did u ever make it to tampa or here of Fantasy Ranch?

Guest aj2234

i love breaks....mostly nu school and UK breaks and some FL. and btw Breaks isnt for kids....that's a stereotype.

yea I would like to hear Phil K live...

he's been here before.

i'm very surprised no one booked freeland on this usa tour of his.

Adam F is in NY soon Sept 26th and the tour's theme is We Want Your US Vote :)

- - he'll be featured on No Cover this fall

are you talking about adam f or adam freeland because adam f is a drum + bass dj

Guest LeVeL

Ohh shit you went to Fantasy Ranch... :o...I happened to check this party out one time when I went to Tampa....it was actually located in Clearwater right.

Guest LdySphynx

Nope, never partied in Tampa!!!

Guest durrtylexx

Tampa is ghetto...last time I went there I got into a fight and a dude hit me with a bottle over my head...I had to get stitches...I've heard that guavaween is pretty sick though...

Guest Cosmigonon

Tampa is ghetto...last time I went there I got into a fight and a dude hit me with a bottle over my head...I had to get stitches...I've heard that guavaween is pretty sick though...

:o

Guest durrtylexx

:o

I still kicked his ass...I'm not a fighter, I'm a pretty chilled out dude..

Guest dilemma

So basically what your all sayin is there used to breaks nights in Florida but not any more?

Cause there is now 5 pages of remanising about the old days and not one person has helped me out with what i should make an attempt to check out while Im visiting!

Does ANYONE have any recomendations for good clubs in the West Palm beach and surounding areas???

EZ

Derek

Drive 45 minutes south to Miami, there's really nothing hugely of note in WPB. Vaughan and Sheldon play Delux in Delray on Fridays usually, but that is about it.

There's a breaks night every friday at I/O. Other than that, not much.

Here is a good break events, I know it is not when uou are in town but look at other events they are a part of. and on their websites

DJ Monk, DJFX, Sean Bauzay @Sonar Sept.25

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FT LAUDERDALE , FL

Hallucination Artists Attending:

MONK

Details: The last show was a blast...great sound system...intimate smaller venue setting.....bangin'!!!

Date: Sept 25

Ticket Price: $15

Ages: 21 and up

Hours: 10PM – 4AM

Price of Admission $15

http://www.djmonk.com

From small dark clubs to massive outdoor festivals, always turning it out - it is here where you, the subterranean public may encounter The Monk...... the Mack-Of-All-Trades, dj/producer/artist and overall hustler of culture. Banging out a soundtrack of underground party music that jumps from hard house and breaks to slamming disco-tech, and twisted techno, to drum and bass rinse-outs, the dreadlocked Monk punishes the crossfader as he works one record against another in a style that owes more to hip hop than to conventional club DJ'ing.

As one of the Founders of Rabbit in the Moon, Pimp Juice and Hallucination Records, Monk is a corner stone of the Southeastern U.S. Scene and has established himself as a devoted player in the Electronic Music Industry worldwide. Best known for his early work and collaboration with Confucius in the collective "Rabbit In The Moon" and as the opening dj to the RITM live show for over a decade ('92-2002), Monk is breaking new ground with several new innovative audio-visual projects.

One of the most versatile djs around, Monk is known for his unique dj sets ranging from his traditional hardbangin' house -vs- funky breaks style with a touch of drum & bass & hip hop, to a deeper "Dark Side Of The Monk" set that leans toward a darker tech-house meets tribal & disco house style. If Monk can't make yo' booty move, yo' booty must be dead. Voted in BPM magazine as receiving the "most fan email nominations" in the country and one of Americas Favorite DJs - March 2003, Monk has forged his place in the underground dance community. A forefather of the Hallucination-Generation, originator, innovator, guaranteed to rock tha party, Monk continues to freak the funk week in & week out headlining shows across the nation.

i think respectables in west palm has breaks on fridays...

respectablestreet.com (longest running nightclub/bar in west palm) ive seem some quality there baby anne, hybrid...but the crowds are weak....

dont know if release does anything on fridays...

ohm i think got shut down cuz of videotaping clubbers screwing and then showing it on the main screen

delux in delray is the BEST spot around the area (Friday night) for johnny (house tunes) and then vaughan and sheldon are there for first fridays(pretty damn good party) thats about it....... ;)