Saturday night Skin party at Nerve review

Guest lil_liz

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest web_norah
What about Miami Velvet? ???
Man, you have *got* to get out more. MV is a swingers club over off of 826. www.miamivelvet.com

Next, I suppose you are going to ask about Adult Friend Finder.

sorry but not knowing what Miami Velvet is does not equal someone is not "out" enough. thats a crock of sh***, after reading this thread it sure doesnt want to make me want to check these parties out.....

Man, you have *got* to get out more. MV is a swingers club over off of 826. www.miamivelvet.com

sorry but not knowing what Miami Velvet is does not equal someone is not "out" enough. thats a crock of sh***, after reading this thread it sure doesnt want to make me want to check these parties out.....

norah we should go to the next one ;)

I'm perpetually single, so I have only attended the Skin parties in a technical capacity as a lighting director of sorts a few times.

I will say though that for the market that they cater to, they do it in a superb and well-produced manner.

Guest web_norah

they do promote their events well but i do not agree that someone who doesnt know or cater to Skin parties - "isnt out enough" ???

naturally, i dont support the type of scene it is or the atmosphere and the day my fav djs start spinning at Skin or whatever they're called parties - i might as well retire from going out ;D

Guest coach

LOL, Norah, that was a joke that wasn't targeted at you. I'm just giving Cosmi shit. He hasn't lived here that long. Actually, I also have never been myself. Too much other fun stuff going on in SE Fla.

Well I'd say that the specific Skin party in question is well-advertised enough to be general knowledge in the club community. Miami Velvet on the other hand, is kind of out of the way so it is understandable that it isn't known that well. Only reason I know about it is that when I first got into the scene, two good friends of mine (one of whom has passed away) were into that scene and they would do parties there, which I was commissioned to shoot (1999) a few times.

Guest Cosmigonon

Well, I would like to check out this parties... :P

btw, Coach, thanks for the info ;D

Guest endymion

I never said anything about people who aren't deviants being uncool!

Velvet is a pretty kickass club if you're into that kind of thing. It isn't nearly as seedy as you would imagine, much nicer than any strip club anywhere. Probably the #1 sex club in the US, it and this other place in LA are a level above everything else. Real clean and stylish and South Beachy inside and plenty of people go just to dance. I'm personally not into the back room thing at a place like that so that's all it is for me is a place to dance and meet people. Hot, young people at Velvet, as hot as at any club in South Beach. Hotter actually. Not the fat pasty white trash you're imagining. Velvet is full of people who you actually do want to see misbehaving on the dance floor, and it's allowed there. Excellent DJs too and I'm obviously picky.

South Florida is the hottest spot in the country when it comes to this sort of crowd. Most people, hottest people, most activity. Be proud...

OK now you have to be shitting me, you're just leading us on..

Break down the term.

Adult.

Friend.

Finder.

It is a dating site that cuts through the unnecessary bullshit of actually getting to know somebody before fucking their brains out after a night out at the club.

The concept is valid. I'm gonna make some very pointed statements here, so I advise the more sensitive of you all to go watch EWTN or something.

A lot of people out there are just looking for a good tumble in the sack. Admit it, a lot of you are just looking for that. I'll admit it, most of the time I don't feel like dating, and I'm just looking for a decent night in a hotel room somewhere, a quick good-bye note scribbled on the Sheraton stationery, and that is all. As long as no one is emotionally scarred by the experience, I'm all for it. Been there, done that, I still talk to all of them on a frequent basis. At a basic level that is a security measure. I don't need jilted bedmates coming up from behind me with a serrated kitchen knife. Plus keeping in touch means a good chance at a repeat performance sometime in the future. The idealized "friends with benefits" syndrome. It does exist. Hard to attain? Yes it is. But it is out there. Guys and girls willing to go for that sort of thing do exist outside of movies and TV.

Scary huh? I'm not some SNAG (sensitive new age guy) after all. I don't consider it being mean, just realistic. Relationships suck anyways for the most part. 90 percent of the people I know whom are dating are miserable in some way or another.* Not a day goes by where I'm not on the phone or IM with someone using me as the proverbial shoulder to cry on. I don't mind it, my friends are cool and all and I'm glad to provide the service, but I am quoting it here for statistical and anecdotal reasons.

I'm sure I'm guaranteed a slap or two from someone by saying all this but I'm just going on what I observe and experience.

But seriously, the AFF website is kind of built for people just looking for a good fucking time...err fucking good time....err....good time fucking. More power to them, they've established a booty call database and get people to pay for accessing it. Not sure what the fees are but I'm sure they've got a decent bank account. They've survived the dot com bust after all.

On the other side of the coin, there are sites out there geared ot the polar opposite of the spectrum as well. They're advertising on TV a lot right now, one is called eharmony.com I think. Supposedly you fill out this god-awfully long survey and by the magic of some CGI scripts and so forth written in consultation with Harvard PhDs and the ghost of Barry White it manages to match you with your ideal "soul-mate" or something to that effect. Really sappy in a way.

Then of course there's the itsjustlunch.com ones where you're apparently matched up with a power dyke who wants to just tell you how much she hates men and ever since she decided to start munching box she's become the head of her own accounting firm and would love it if you became her male secretary. True story, my friend Walt Flanigan tried it once and that is what happened.

And speed dating, what the hell is that? No idea really, but I think it was a fad, since I haven't heard about it in a few months. I was thinking of establishing speedfucking.com but I decided against it, fearing an outbreak of mass sexual dysfunction. Kind of an anti-Sting effect.

God, I just went off on a tangent.

*there are exceptions to this situation. That is why I said 90 percent. I know couples that are happy together and function quite well in society. Best of luck to you guys, and keep up the good work.

Guest LdySphynx

LOL, in other words Cosmi if you really want to get down to business just go to MV!!!!

Now if you want to start experimenting and seeing if its your thing or your girl's thing then go to the Bliss & Skin party!!!

I suggest the Bliss & Skin, MV might overwhelm you just a tad bit too much...might actually scare you away!!!

Scary? What is so scary about people getting down and freaky? I see it and I'm glad for whomever is doing the deed. Good for you and keep up the good work. I don't stare or anything, I'm just glad someone's getting some action. Too often I see people being bitches or prudes. We need to change that.

Guest LdySphynx

Scary? What is so scary about people getting down and freaky? I see it and I'm glad for whomever is doing the deed. Good for you and keep up the good work. I don't stare or anything, I'm just glad someone's getting some action. Too often I see people being bitches or prudes. We need to change that.

Believe me for someone just starting out it can be scary, especially for the girl!!!!

Bottom line is if you are not a Full Swap Couple, you will not feel comfortable in that type of scenario. Just like you meet nice people you can also meet very very PUSHY people, and it can be kind of intimidating for someone so new!!!

Miami Velvet is a Swingers Club, and if you are not one then why put yourself in an uncomfortable situation, where you might not like the idea of another guy coming up to your girl and making a pass at her just because they automatically think they can. If you are just looking to have some sexy fun with your girl then stick to the Bliss & Skin Parties you will end up doing the same thing that you would at MV only that the approach these parties take is just more seductive and sexy!!!!

But thats just my opinion, but its coming from a very good source ;)!!!

Guest Cosmigonon

Believe me for someone just starting out it can be scary, especially for the girl!!!!

Bottom line is if you are not a Full Swap Couple, you will not feel comfortable in that type of scenario. Just like you meet nice people you can also meet very very PUSHY people, and it can be kind of intimidating for someone so new!!!

Miami Velvet is a Swingers Club, and if you are not one then why put yourself in an uncomfortable situation, where you might not like the idea of another guy coming up to your girl and making a pass at her just because they automatically think they can. If you are just looking to have some sexy fun with your girl then stick to the Bliss & Skin Parties you will end up doing the same thing that you would at MV only that the approach these parties take is just more seductive and sexy!!!!

Thanks for the advice. ;)

Guest LdySphynx

Thanks for the advice. ;)

No problem sweety, good luck with this!!!

I always wanted to go to a swingers club. It's just that a lot of chicks chicken out at the last minute. Some of them don't like the thought of watching a guy they like, pounding another woman. Shoot, why would it be a problem? She gets to get nailed too. As long as it's not my girlfriend I could care less. Perfect place to take a booty call. ;)

Well, explicit pounding in public is forbidden by current law and does not happen at these parties. Some places have rooms for that, others just tell you to take it outside or something.

Guest endymion

I met a guy at Bliss once last summer, who brought his wife without mentioning it to her what kind of party it was. Even worse, his wife is really completely straight. I guess her first clue that something was up was that everybody was dressed in some theme, I can't remember which. Her second clue was the endless string of girls that kept blatantly hitting on her. Apparently the final tipoff was some girl asking her if they liked to swap or not. She was really really really unhappy with her husband. Cool girl though, she just kind of gritted her teeth and kept mingling and then slowly dragged him outside and waited to beat him senseless until they made it home. They live in my building, I got the update later, it was pure comedy. Guys, please don't try that trick, it really didn't work out well for him.

Ms Sphynx is 100% right about this. Bliss and Skin are the best parties for newbies. Bliss I'd say. Velvet is a blast and plenty of people go for their first adventure but it's definitely more goal-oriented freaky deaky people there. Probably a good quarter of the people at Bliss are just curious people checking out the vibe with no specific plan for their night or whatever. Sexier attitude IMHO, and definitely better for newbies.

Oh, plus: Nate, the guy who runs Bliss, is hands-down the nicest, most open, most outgoing nightlife promoter in town. Anywhere else in town you show up and hope to get the door guy's attention and wonder how long you're going to wait there. At Bliss you show up and most likely Nate himself will be there to thank you for coming and pull you right inside. Since people show up dressed sexy he doesn't like to leave people standing around in the street outside the club. You'll definitely meet him and whatever gorgeous hostesss he's got that week as they make the rounds checking on everybody and thanking new people for showing up. Not your standard South Beach nightclub experience. Yes I am pimping the party.

Guest LdySphynx

I met a guy at Bliss once last summer, who brought his wife without mentioning it to her what kind of party it was. Even worse, his wife is really completely straight. I guess her first clue that something was up was that everybody was dressed in some theme, I can't remember which. Her second clue was the endless string of girls that kept blatantly hitting on her. Apparently the final tipoff was some girl asking her if they liked to swap or not. She was really really really unhappy with her husband. Cool girl though, she just kind of gritted her teeth and kept mingling and then slowly dragged him outside and waited to beat him senseless until they made it home. They live in my building, I got the update later, it was pure comedy. Guys, please don't try that trick, it really didn't work out well for him.

Ms Sphynx is 100% right about this. Bliss and Skin are the best parties for newbies. Bliss I'd say. Velvet is a blast and plenty of people go for their first adventure but it's definitely more goal-oriented freaky deaky people there. Probably a good quarter of the people at Bliss are just curious people checking out the vibe with no specific plan for their night or whatever. Sexier attitude IMHO, and definitely better for newbies.

Oh, plus: Nate, the guy who runs Bliss, is hands-down the nicest, most open, most outgoing nightlife promoter in town. Anywhere else in town you show up and hope to get the door guy's attention and wonder how long you're going to wait there. At Bliss you show up and most likely Nate himself will be there to thank you for coming and pull you right inside. Since people show up dressed sexy he doesn't like to leave people standing around in the street outside the club. You'll definitely meet him and whatever gorgeous hostesss he's got that week as they make the rounds checking on everybody and thanking new people for showing up. Not your standard South Beach nightclub experience. Yes I am pimping the party.

Nate is dating my friend Mickie, as we speak...she has been the hostess for the past 3 Bliss parties!!!

But yeah Nate is a great host and all around guy!!!

We might go to Military Bliss not sure yet :-\.