Clubplanet Nightlife Community

LA clubs. What's hot...what's not?

Guest JulianJunkie

Guest bamboogurl

i like the Mayan that is located in downtown. it's poppin on fridays and saturdays...they have house, latin beats, and hip hop in different rooms.

definitely check it out! ;)

Guest JulianJunkie

for when are you looking for? We've got them, but they do a great deal of their promotion at the last minute. After Hour Power seems to be one of the best....Naked is really good as well.....have a look at

http://www.afterhourpowerla.com/

check back for more info on that though....LA just started but word is traveling fast

for when are you looking for? We've got them, but they do a great deal of their promotion at the last minute. After Hour Power seems to be one of the best....Naked is really good as well.....have a look at

http://www.afterhourpowerla.com/

check back for more info on that though....LA just started but word is traveling fast

f*ck, man. >:(

wish i had that info this past weekend.....2 am, headed back to my hotel, bounced off the walls wishing there was something else to do....

Guest badiye

I think Headinghome @ Hollywood Canteen every Wednesday is Hot. Also, I'm partial to my club every Thursday, THE GOOD LIFE... ;D

Other notable good parties are Freethinkin' & Prana (Fridays), Presence and Transistor Lounge (Wednesdays).

Now, of course, I'm talking House music parties, of course. There are others that are cool, but no house music...

Late.

Guest JulianJunkie

most of the afterhours stuff is predominantly trance....however there are some really cool funky house outfits as well. Spider Room has a good one on Friday nights Called Brothers Behind the Light

Guest JulianJunkie

round 8am or when people get too mashed to dance... in the house ones, it's usually 8 as well, but they leave cuz it's time to get beezaay

Guest trancelator

That's a tough one dude...Miami's legendary, but Hollywood chic (and sometimes Hollywood freak) is a force to be reckoned with

It's tough to beat LA. A lot of people go there to be stars and because of that, there are a lot of good looking peeps there.

Guest JulianJunkie

Most definitely... there are some spots around LA that are actually categorized as A-list, B-list, celebrity-adjacent, etc. Some of the hottest spots right now haven't even been reviewed yet by anyone. On that note Guy's Bar is getting a lot of whispering and fuss around it.

Guest deepce

I do a Sunday night @ Azul Bar & Nightclub in Alhambra. We used to do Wednesday for about 9 months but they are doing 80's music now - I think.

On Sundays we have HOUSE in the Main Room and in the patio we change it every week - Underground/Old School Hip-Hop, Funk, Soul, Disco, Downtempo - anything goes.

Here's our schedule for these upcoming weeks:

September 26th Deepfunk Release Party!

Craig Law (Deepfunk Records - LA)

Dave Parker (Deepfunk Records – LA)

Patio: Prolifix, Devas and Malice (On-Point Recordings)

October 3rd

Jose Marquez (Inspiration After Hours LA)

Glenn Cabalar (Prana, Wahine&Kanaka)

Patio: dj Rolo (Disco, Funk and Soul)

October 10th

Teddy Q. Zamora (Up All Night Productions, Clean Cut Recs.)

Alberto Ruiz (Global Conversation)

Patio: Theory (Open Minds Collective)

October 17th

Miguel Plasencia (Groove M Productions, YellowOrange, Paradax)

Rudy V. (Rekurd Playaz, Shhh…)

Patio: Basement Funk (Disco, Funk and Soul)

October 24th

Tony Powell (DDHC, The Funk Inn)

deepce (Rekurd Playaz, Beat Soundz, THC)

Patio: Tony Watson (Mekanic)

Sundaze @ Azul

Patio: Hip-Hop/Funk/Soul/Dub/Reggae/Disco/Downtempo

Inside: House

129. West Main St | Alhambra

8pm – 2am *Happy Hour all night

$5dlls after 10pm | Entrance through rear Patio

Guest JB2unique

I like Pearl in West Hollywood, The Mor for Tuesday nights with Moontribe in Santa Monica but love what Circus has to offer as far as space. There's no other clubs in Los Angeles that can beat it. It's a true essence of what a nightclub should be and more. And for those that don't know, it's where Giant and Spundae used to be.

Circus is really coming together on Saturdays now since it's independent relaunch earlier this month. It's vibe is unmatched and the diversity of electronic dance music continues to grow with it's showcases of DJs and artists locally, stateside and internationally. Throw in a dash of art and fashion with a little theatre, it certainly makes up what our dance music community is all about ;)

BTW, Tuesdays at Key Club on Sunset Strip is good if you're seeking new rock music as they feature rising bands performing. Free for everyone.

Guest JB2unique

As for what's not...

Orion in Downtown - could've been nice with the whole NY warehouse feel but just didn't happen

Qtopia on Hollywood Blvd - a waste of space at the moment

Florentine Gardens - if any place needs remodeling and a major revamping, it's this place!

Guest JulianJunkie

Orion, Qtopia, Florentine Gardens... gotcha dude....those places are indesperate need of an overhaul.

I agree on Pearl as well.

What about some of the smaller spots? Like Cinespace, XES, or Falcon.

And for those of you who don't know, Karma @ Falcon (Thurs.) rocks! Very cool vibe, awesome people, really comfortable and different layout....a definite CoolJunkie thumbs up!

Guest JB2unique

What about some of the smaller spots? Like Cinespace, XES, or Falcon.

I like IVAR if they ever do something noteworthy. Cinespace is 'too cool' for me but I enjoy grabbing dinner there before their club night rolls in. The Mor in Santa Monica reminds of BED in Miami for some odd reason, great little spot. Sixteen Fifty in Hollywood is another gem.

Guest JulianJunkie

One club that is going to be outrageous is BoJesse's InFamous at Nacional on Saturdays. It starts on October 2, and if it's anything like his gig at Concorde on Fridays, it'll be incredible.

He used to do the Tuesday night at Nacional -- he was actually a major part in getting that one going and now what he did there is sort of legendary in recent club-land history.... All girls and a few lucky guys...and it worked. :o

Guest tb303

I really would like yo know what's hot in LA. So far it's been very disappointing. I've been to 5 different clubs and they all sucked!

Where can someone go to enjoy some good deep-tribal-house in a crazy-pumped up atmosphere? And I don't mean that annoying, retarded 80's-funky crap that a lot of djs here spin. It's 2004, get over it and move forward.