Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Seb Fontaine @ Crobar 9-18-04

all4tribal1414779019

Saturday night at Crobar was rockin!!!!

Took some friends from out of town since they had never been to OUR Crobar. They said the one in NYC is bigger but the sound in ours is better.

The first guy on the decks (Gus) played alot of patio tunes, very familiar tracks, lots of vocals. I really liked it but I heard some people complaining. Personally, I think the opening DJ should play alot of the familiar stuff for the "early" crowd. Leave the rest of it for the non-tourists. :D

Once Loco Dice got on the decks the sound completely changed. Much darker but not TOO banging. I have never heard him before so I didnt know what to expect. I thought it was great and my friends were dancing their asses off.

Seb Fontaine FINALLY got on the decks about 2:30am or so. He was simply AMAZING he just kept killing the crowd with his sick beats.Lots of fun to watch too. Again, I had never heard him and was very happy that I went.

Overall it was a GREAT night!!! ;D Thanks again to Emi for the hookup! Please tell your wife to keep dancing...I LOVE to watch her. LOL!

BTW...the drinks were strong as always. ;)

Took some friends from out of town since they had never been to OUR Crobar. They said the one in NYC is bigger but the sound in ours is better.

The first guy on the decks (Gus) played alot of patio tunes, very familiar tracks, lots of vocals. I really liked it but I heard some people complaining. Personally, I think the opening DJ should play alot of the familiar stuff for the "early" crowd. Leave the rest of it for the non-tourists. :D

Once Loco Dice got on the decks the sound completely changed. Much darker but not TOO banging. I have never heard him before so I didnt know what to expect. I thought it was great and my friends were dancing their asses off.

Seb Fontaine FINALLY got on the decks about 2:30am or so. He was simply AMAZING he just kept killing the crowd with his sick beats.Lots of fun to watch too. Again, I had never heard him and was very happy that I went.

Overall it was a GREAT night!!! ;D Thanks again to Emi for the hookup! Please tell your wife to keep dancing...I LOVE to watch her. LOL!

since u brought emi's name on here....it reminded me of that song "keep on dancin' and dancin...music is the answer, to the problem!" awesome to see people from the scene having a great time, that's what's all about!

Guest trancelator

Seb is a very good dj. When he was here last year, he was very cool when I hung with him at the bar and he put on a sick set. I highly recommend seeing him to everyone. I'll look forward to the next time he is here. 8)

Guest LeVeL

Ohh really...I guess I am going to have to get my happy ass on Emi's Gueslist and see what its all about. Cause if the drinks are strong then its on!!

Glad to hear Seb teared it up...too bad I couldn't make it....fell asleep before midnight :'(

Im no "blingbling" but since nobody has yet started a thread on Seb's set...im gonna go ahead and make one...so everyone that was out there @ cro last night post ur reviews on here!

::cough carisa::cough

it's good to see you're encouraging participation. what's your take?

damn, i'm soooooooo pissed that i couldn't see him. my buddy lent me perfecto presents: seb fontaine, it's fookin incredible. "seb fontaine has got me triiiiiiiiiiiiipin"

l.a.'s not too bad. the place i was working in was a shithole but just got me a hotel room in hollywood, partying it up, presently 8) ;D i'm 3 hours behind you punks.

The gallery is up, featuring Seb, Loco, a few board members, Jorge Castillo, Emi Guerra, bartender Eddie, Christine, and the bottle of Patròn. 8)

Guest djjoncowan

seb is wicked... played with him in germany about 2 mo's ago..

apologise to anyone who came to the gig on friday with austin and I for not being there. I ended up in the hospital on friday night. I've got some ongoing stomach issues that I thought were solved but obviously not. Hopefully we can do the karma gig again soon...

back to seb - wicked guy, wicked dj - glad you enjoyed him as he never disapoints....

Like I've said time and time again, be nice to your bartender and he or she will be nice to you. At each club I go to I use one or two (depending on the size of the club) exclusively.

Guest LeVeL

Its about time...after all the fuss we made here in the forums its about time they listen and put more liquor to their drinks. It nothing new we all know the routine. Tip the bartender and she will treat you right. Well I for one have tipped all my bartenders and you know what in Crobar they have defintely not reated me right. You dont have to be a space scientist to figure that out.

All I got to say is its about time. And I hope it remains the same way it was this past weekend.

You know, I really hope they fixed the drinks. Even when I tipped well, I got crappy drinks. That was my only real gripe about Crobar. Well, sometimes there is an issue upfront, they hold up the line too much. But the staff is not nearly as anal as Mansion's(Idiots). Nice upscale venue, the bouncers for the most part are not dickheads and the crowd is pretty cool. Nice place, nice vibe. I just hope they would hurry up and open Crobar downtown already.

seb is wicked... played with him in germany about 2 mo's ago..

apologise to anyone who came to the gig on friday with austin and I for not being there. I ended up in the hospital on friday night. I've got some ongoing stomach issues that I thought were solved but obviously not. Hopefully we can do the karma gig again soon...

back to seb - wicked guy, wicked dj - glad you enjoyed him as he never disapoints....

Hope you are feeling better babes!