Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Grammy party @ Crobar NY With PVD, DJ Rap, Sasha

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

***go out and support your FL Chapter party***

i arrived at crobar at about 9:45pm, there must have been at least 200 people already waiting outside the door. i returned an hour later, multiply by 2! (it was a free event).

after all my interviews with Djs, radio and media people plus crowd shots , i walked inside and there must have been at least 2000 people (perhaps even more), i am not sure what the capacity is at crobar but there was no room to move in both vip and main rooms.

DJ Rap warmed up. at about 12:30 Sasha was on the decks in the main room and Lee Cabrera in another room. it was like a mini conference. PVD using Final Scratch and definitely holding his own. Sasha had his moments -much better than last time i saw him.

ran into Dade from Nocturnal, Ivano Bellini, Allegra (used to do lights at Crobar), Andy Ruffel from Dancestar, Evan from CJ, and a bunch of other names, Trendroid, Alex Gold, Tall Paul and Richard Humpty Vission.

overall it was a very successful event -- good attendance, seemed like a good crowd.

left at about 2am to see Harry Cho Cho Romero's CD release party. Table 50 was also very packed. good music, definitely more my flavor ...

Guest ramon

last night was the nyc party .. tonight is the florida .. she's telling you what to expect from tonight's party based on yesterday's experience.

:D

Guest LeVeL

So Norah you got to experince Sasha's Epic Set again......lol

That party in NYC looks way better than the one going down here in Miami. Its too bad... :'(

Guest Idreamofdancing

I wrote this in another thread..but for those that didn't catch it...

So how is everyone...I miss you all..I went to Crobar last night to see PVD and Sasha....and Ev and I being the cool people we are...hung out with this dj...I don't know you if you have heard of him...DJ FUCKIN''''''''''''''''' TIESTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....it was absurd and def a night to remember. Crobar was packed. I caught the end of David Morales...he had a good vibe going. Sasha was ridiculous...he spun a little harder than I expected, but it was perfect for the energy of the crowd.

PVD was terrible...terrirble..I really couldn't believe it. He was so hard and all over the place..too hard..I couldn't even find my groove...I'm dreamofdancing..how could I not find my groove...well it happened..

But, needless to say, PVD's lack of crowd control did not deter me from having the best night..we were in the VIP area with Tiesto all night. His manager Wilken.was amazing..and so nice. It was really surreal. I told Tiesto he was my gateway drug into the electronic music scene...is that gay??? I thought it was sincere..so we chit-chatted...it was great to see him out.

So that was my night..home by 3..not too bad...I really need to see you gusy, LEVEL, DDG, CRZCY, ...my crew..missing you all badly.

I wrote this in another thread..but for those that didn't catch it...

So how is everyone...I miss you all..I went to Crobar last night to see PVD and Sasha....and Ev and I being the cool people we are...hung out with this dj...I don't know you if you have heard of him...DJ FUCKIN''''''''''''''''' TIESTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....it was absurd and def a night to remember. Crobar was packed. I caught the end of David Morales...he had a good vibe going. Sasha was ridiculous...he spun a little harder than I expected, but it was perfect for the energy of the crowd.

PVD was terrible...terrirble..I really couldn't believe it. He was so hard and all over the place..too hard..I couldn't even find my groove...I'm dreamofdancing..how could I not find my groove...well it happened..

But, needless to say, PVD's lack of crowd control did not deter me from having the best night..we were in the VIP area with Tiesto all night. His manager Wilken.was amazing..and so nice. It was really surreal. I told Tiesto he was my gateway drug into the electronic music scene...is that gay??? I thought it was sincere..so we chit-chatted...it was great to see him out.

So that was my night..home by 3..not too bad...I really need to see you gusy, LEVEL, DDG, CRZCY, ...my crew..missing you all badly.

I AM SOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!

Miss you too babes! I feel a NYC trip coming on soon. :-*

Guest LeVeL

Look at you Aryn....flirting around with Tiesto in the VIP room...hmmm. You and Evan are like fucking ROCKSTARS.....overthere. Glad to see you back babygirl...long time since you posted. Its the first time PVD has let us down. During WMC he sucked ass too.

So were you doing the Aryn dance...lol.. ;D :P. Miss you and Evan a lots...

Guest web_norah

last night, i was working and to be honest i wasnt really paying attention to anyone's music all that much...it was way crowded and my musical fix took place at the last Friday at Roxy with a certain DT.

Guest Idreamofdancing

It really was a ridiculous night...I am def going to come down to Miami before the New Year...maybe in Nov...i have to get my finances in order. But I would obv love if you guys came up to NY...you know you always have a place to stay...Yeah, Ev and I were rockstars...it was so surreal...one of our friends..is the PR Director for Crobar Miami, NY and Chicago..she is so amazing and takes such good care of us...Ev is really close with her..so we had the best spot in the house last night...I do have a bit of a headache today though...now that I think of it.hhehehe

Guest LeVeL

Miss you too babes! I feel a NYC trip coming on soon. :-*

Ohh wow...a trip to NYC would be nice to go to in the fall/winter especially since its getting a little cold. I feel like another chapter will be written if we go to NY. Does "THE HOT TUB" part 2 sound like something interesting...lol ;)

Guest robyngrammy

Glad our party in New York was a success and we will dominate tonight. Just to respond to Level' regarding comparing the two parties

1) the NY party was in conjunction with Billboard dance conference. As you can see, we have some of the same dj's performing tonight and more would have come if schedules permitted

2) instead of comparing the two markets, please just appreciate that we are doing something in Miami and come out and support!

3) I have said this before and I will say it again, it's not about the dj's performing, it is about the community/dance music professionals coming together and building a strong foundation for their (dj/dance) GRAMMY award categories. The Awards are only as strong as the voting membership.

I hope to see all of you out tonight and I look forward to driving this community to becoming one of the strongest voices in the Recording Academy!

C-Ya tonight!!!!!

***go out and support your FL Chapter party***

i arrived at crobar at about 9:45pm, there must have been at least 200 people already waiting outside the door. i returned an hour later, multiply by 2! (it was a free event).

after all my interviews with Djs, radio and media people plus crowd shots , i walked inside and there must have been at least 2000 people (perhaps even more), i am not sure what the capacity is at crobar but there was no room to move in both vip and main rooms.

DJ Rap warmed up. at about 12:30 Sasha was on the decks in the main room and Lee Cabrera in another room. it was like a mini conference. PVD using Final Scratch and definitely holding his own. Sasha had his moments -much better than last time i saw him.

ran into Dade from Nocturnal, Ivano Bellini, Allegra (used to do lights at Crobar), Andy Ruffel from Dancestar, Evan from CJ, and a bunch of other names, Trendroid, Alex Gold, Tall Paul and Richard Humpty Vission.

overall it was a very successful event -- good attendance, seemed like a good crowd.

left at about 2am to see Harry Cho Cho Romero's CD release party. Table 50 was also very packed. good music, definitely more my flavor ...

Guest coach

Definitely. This is a good step forward to legitimizing dance music, finally. It's only been 30 years, after all. Hopefully everybody will come out and support.

whoa last nite was off the hook. had a great time- definitely one of the better parties ive been to in awhile- definitely an experience 8) getting bombed with Wilken and Tijs was great- got to chill with Boris for a bit as well...awesome guy too- and great to chill with Jamie too ;D.

PVD blew, I wish he never came. I asked Tiesto several times to take his place but he said he couldnt. everyone around us knew van dyk's set was sucking but they didnt want to say so. i certainly made my opinion clear. David Morales was excellent, and I loved sasha's set too- good stuff. only caught a little bit of DJ rap- that was good too! walked in to a nice sweet dreams mix I havent heard. excellent, excellent vibe in there last nite. yeah!

Guest web_norah

PVD blew, I wish he never came.

in retrospect, I wonder if this could be interpreted as an oxymoron?

it very well can ;D

i didnt stick around much longer after PVD.

feet aching, tired, and really not a trance fan ...

Sasha had his moments. the start of PVD didnt seem too bad