Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I HATE WHAT THEY DID AT THE END OF 'RETURN OF THE JEDI'

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

I can't believe they ruined it. They changed the image of Anakin Skywalkers force image at the end of Return of The Jedi and put a younger version of Anakin next to Obi-Wan and Yoda during the rebellions celebration on the Forset Moon od Endor....

This ruined it for me. I bought the DVD trilogy with the new and touched up scenes but they wrecked the end of R.O.T.J...

The look on the new Anakins face was so dumb. You couldn't feel the love between father and son in the updated scene and it somehow takes away from the redemption of Darth Vader...

They didn't make Obi-Wan and Yoda look any younger when they became one with the force..Why did they mess with this scene?

Now I have to hook up my VHS and pop in the old tape to get the true feel of the end of R.O.T.J..... >:( >:( >:(

Guest swirlundergrounder

Is it just me, or has Lucas made a series of puzzling and poor decisions in the last six or seven years?

He's made some weird choices... I think he's had to much time to think about things.

Guest LdySphynx

Have you guys seen the South Park episode that deals with Steven Spielberg & George Lucas remaking their movies and the boys are dedicated to making sure they don't do it to Raiders of the Lost Ark...it is too funny!!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

Have you guys seen the South Park episode that deals with Steven Spielberg & George Lucas remaking their movies and the boys are dedicated to making sure they don't do it to Raiders of the Lost Ark...it is too funny!!!

yep

Guest trancelator

Gotta see that. I just don't know how they are going to pull off that movie with an old Indiana. :-\

i was just going to point that out! so true

Guest swirlundergrounder

i still have yet to watch the dvs and bought it on day one. ill watch it tonite

Watch 2-nite and cry tommorow

Guest swirlundergrounder

Yeah I just watched it tonight, the look on his face was retarded, bad move on lucas behave!!!

The whole redone ending was retarded!!!! I hope it's not a sign of things to come...

Yeah I just watched it tonight, the look on his face was retarded, bad move on lucas behave!!!

The whole redone ending was retarded!!!! I hope it's not a sign of things to come...

Lets just see what lucas has in store for the third movie, keep your fingers crossed!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jakko

I HATE IT TOO!!!!

Why does he insist on mucking with these movies?

Obi and Yoda didn't magically turn into their younger selves when they turned into ghosts, why should anakin?

THANK God he didn't go and replace Alec Guiness digitally or add some digital yoda scenes, though that's probably next when this "current" version is erased from all existence.

Make the movies and move on, George. So you did the best you could at the time of realizing your vision, so be it. It's versions that many many people loved very much. And now you muck with it and act as if the earlier versions never existed.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I HATE IT TOO!!!!

Why does he insist on mucking with these movies?

Obi and Yoda didn't magically turn into their younger selves when they turned into ghosts, why should anakin?

THANK God he didn't go and replace Alec Guiness digitally or add some digital yoda scenes, though that's probably next when this "current" version is erased from all existence.

Make the movies and move on, George. So you did the best you could at the time of realizing your vision, so be it. It's versions that many many people loved very much. And now you muck with it and act as if the earlier versions never existed.

If he messed with Yoda, I would have to go and burn down Skywalker Ranch!!!

Guest xbbdc

george said when star wars 4-6 was released he did only about 50% of what he really wanted to do at the time due to budget/time. since then he changed some things when he re-released the trilogy on the last VHS release but not as horrible as the ending on ROTJ. i told bling in the miami forum in that "other" board that they ruined it so bad. he said that any director would love to go back and finish what they started and how they originally hoped it came out. he said he's sorry to all the fans that fell in love with the original but he wasnt completely done with it.. the guy is selfish for ruining everyones version of star wars... if he wanted to finish it his way he shoulda kept it in his damn house and not release it on dvd WORLDWIDE. i was in spain when the freakin dvd's came out and i was just like :-\ at the way he ruined it and not everyone knows how much till they sit down and watch it. that photo of the "new" anakin at the ending has been on the internet for some months now.