Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CoolJunkie 4th Birthday Party w/ Pete Tong! Nov 6th

Guest nickjunkie

Metallica blows. I'm gonna go download some MP3s now ;D

No excuses, you should be at our party.

Metallica doesn't suck... they are playing a lot of old shit on this tour!! And GodSmack is opening (they rock so hard.. i'm going to have a huge orgasm once they take stage.. LOL) :P

and no offence, not a big Pete tong fan.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sarahcj

Well is it just me or is it that every CJ party has a EuroTrash DJ?

CoolJunkie All Stars?

How much do these homegrown American hero's get paid?

All together, add it up and I'll bet its much, much, much less than you pay one of your EuroTrash DJ's. So - more money in your pocket while you take advantage of American talent and our US money.

Yikes! Well I guess we aren't gonna see you at the party then....

For all of the other CJ peeps we will be hooking up a guestlist (free not reduced) for ya....

Guest guyman1966

CoolJunkie All Stars?

All together, add it up and I'll bet its much, much, much less than you pay one of your EuroTrash DJ's. So - more money in your pocket while you take advantage of American talent and our US money.

For all of the other CJ peeps we will be hooking up a guestlist (free not reduced) for ya....

So how about answering the question? How much do our American DJ's get? How much does a EuroTrash like Tong get? Why didnt you guys try and get a great American DJ like the boys from Subliminal?

Do you really think that a free pass is going to buy my voice? That is such a EuroTrash concept - here's a pass, shhhhh now come on board.

Guest nickjunkie

CoolJunkie All Stars?

So how about answering the question? How much do our American DJ's get? How much does a EuroTrash like Tong get? Why didnt you guys try and get a great American DJ like the boys from Subliminal?

Do you really think that a free pass is going to buy my voice? That is such a EuroTrash concept - here's a pass, shhhhh now come on board.

Your Subliminal boys - Mr Morillo is a lot more expensive than Tongy and has a Saturday residency right now. Choo Choo - read the interview from a while ago - he sets his price very high so that he doesn;t have to travel, because he doesn't like to. You're right, the DeckJunkie DJ's don't get paid what Tongy does.

Guest mikepayne

Your Subliminal boys - Mr Morillo is a lot more expensive than Tongy and has a Saturday residency right now. Choo Choo - read the interview from a while ago - he sets his price very high so that he doesn;t have to travel, because he doesn't like to. You're right, the DeckJunkie DJ's don't get paid what Tongy does.

Of course they don't. He's Pete fucking Tong. I don't get WTF is so hard to understand. Why would you pay an internationally famous DJ (who has a radio show that is SO popular and influential they have to archive it online so people can listen to it all week long if they missed it) who has to come OVERSEAS to play here the same amount of money as you would a local DJ who has a following of *maybe* 100 people that will come that wouldn't have otherwise simply based on the DJ that's playing.

Seriously, nothing against the DeckJunkies, they're good, but you're talking about two seriously different leagues here. Not necessarily in skill, but in fame and marketing value. Bringing in Pete Tong is going to make more money for a club than bringing in a local who only a select niche of people have heard of, guaranteed. This means PT has more leverage to ask for a bigger salary.

That's like asking why Robin Williams would get paid more than some local standup comedian to put on a show. It's a no-brainer. It's just a stupid question.

And on a related note... I'm a 100% American born and raised. I can fully appreciate a good joke here and there ("Which part of Europe are you from? The part whose ass we kicked or the part whose ass we saved?"), but hating on ANYONE from Europe indiscriminantly and calling them Eurotrash just makes you look like a bigot and an ass.

Guest r3nz0
Which part of Europe are you from? The part whose ass we kicked or the part whose ass we saved?"

Which joke was that?

The one that sucked or the one that wasn't funny? :P;D

Guest mikepayne
Which part of Europe are you from? The part whose ass we kicked or the part whose ass we saved?"

Which joke was that?

Bah... I never claimed to be a comedian. ;D It was the only example of an innocent European joke I could think of off the top of my head. :P

Guest r3nz0
Bah... I never claimed to be a comedian. ;D It was the only example of an innocent European joke I could think of off the top of my head. :P

No worries, kid. ;)

I like ya, so I'm not gonna kill ya this time. :)

Guest guyman1966

Which joke was that?

Please never put the words "innocent" and "European" in the same sentence or let alone next each other. And - if you think I'm worried about sounding like a bigot - I'm way past that.

Yes. Of course Tong is gonna make a shitload more than the "All Stars", and my Subliminal boys were only a suggestion. But it seems to me that every big party, besides when you tap into cheap local talent - revolves around Big Name Eurotrash DJ's. Do you mean to tell me that becides the guys from N.J., there are no good American DJ's that can spin your party?

Why don't you CJ elitist just come out and say that you miss your rainy little Island, you miss the Queen Mum, you miss warm beer / bad food, and you miss life without dental standards? So, to compensate you bring in EuroTrash DJ's. Just say it. Say It. SAY IT.

Guest nickjunkie

Which joke was that?

Please never put the words "innocent" and "European" in the same sentence or let alone next each other. And - if you think I'm worried about sounding like a bigot - I'm way past that.

Yes. Of course Tong is gonna make a shitload more than the "All Stars", and my Subliminal boys were only a suggestion. But it seems to me that every big party, besides when you tap into cheap local talent - revolves around Big Name Eurotrash DJ's. Do you mean to tell me that becides the guys from N.J., there are no good American DJ's that can spin your party?

Why don't you CJ elitist just come out and say that you miss your rainy little Island, you miss the Queen Mum, you miss warm beer / bad food, and you miss life without dental standards? So, to compensate you bring in EuroTrash DJ's. Just say it. Say It. SAY IT.

You got me man, although the Queen Mum died a few years back. I have them put ice in my beer when I visit now though...

Guest guyman1966

Which joke was that?

You got me man, although the Queen Mum died a few years back. I have them put ice in my beer when I visit now though...

When you are there do they call you an Yankee? That would suck 'cause here you are EuroTrash and there you might be considered an American. You might be a man without a country?

But really - can't you find a good American DJ to play here? I'd even settle for a South American at this point.

Guest guyman1966

If we're going to go South American, for the love of god, get that chick that spins topless! ;D

Now your talking!!!!

Can someone post a link? I'm sure she has a site.

Guest nickjunkie

Which joke was that?

When you are there do they call you an Yankee? That would suck 'cause here you are EuroTrash and there you might be considered an American. You might be a man without a country?

But really - can't you find a good American DJ to play here? I'd even settle for a South American at this point.

They do man, especially when I ask for butter on my popcorn and more than one cube of ice in my Jack & Coke.

Guest vegasguy25

I'll be visiting in from Las Vegas, and plan on going to Crobar this night. If anyone wants to meet up, let me know.