Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WPB actually booking talent??

Guest slamminshaun

Guest slamminshaun

I see one of the clubs in Palm Beach..called Release, is going to have Murk this Saturday. Then next Saturday they have Edgar V, and the Saturday after that they have Sandra Collins. I haven't seen that much talent lined up week after week in a while. I used to be a resident at Liquid (before it went hip-hop) in Palm Beach and it always seemed like club owners never wanted to spend the cheese to bring in some outside influences.....any CJ's think they'll make it to any of those for a change of scenery?

Guest trancelator

I'll def try to make it to some events. I heard George Acosta will be at Resort either this Sunday or next as well.

Guest slamminshaun

Yeah, I heard that too, but Resort is doing a piss-poor job of getting the word out if its true. I know Acosta was there a few months back on a Sunday, but people who were there said the crowd was disappointing. Same thing happened when they brought O.G. up there on a Sunday.....Champaigne Taste, Beer Budget.

Guest slamminshaun

Yeah...I pawned my typewriter and DVD collection so I could get a Versace makeover, thinking that would help me slip through the door a little quicker.....<buzzer>.....negative!! Palm Beach will always think its Miami's little sister....

Guest trancelator

Yeah, I heard that too, but Resort is doing a piss-poor job of getting the word out if its true. I know Acosta was there a few months back on a Sunday, but people who were there said the crowd was disappointing. Same thing happened when they brought O.G. up there on a Sunday.....Champaigne Taste, Beer Budget.

Someone told me they heard it on 93.1. Good that they're advertising but don't know how effective that'll be.

Guest slamminshaun

Oh, that would explain why....93.1 doesn't broadcast past West Palm Beach, so if you live as little as one mile north of Palm Beach (I live about 45 miles north), you won't hear it.....maybe they should consider ads on a West Palm Beach radio station that would capture listeners living north of them as well as south. Ads on a Miami station makes no sense, as if people listening in Miami would drive to WPB for the great nightlife....haha

Guest JMT

Resort SUCKS!!!! Their door people are worse than the ones at Release and its freakin WPB!!!!! >:(

i could not agree MORE. i told my experience a while back.

Guest Tru1

Hey,

we have our door staff trained much better than we did for our grand opening CrazyC! You will not have any issues this time around.

Also...just confirmed Halloween...Sat. 10/30

Miami's own...G. Fain!

Nov. 20...Southside...Edgar V, Sammy O, Charley

Dec. 4 DJ Icey (Hurricane Makeup Date)

Dec. 18th NYC's Own...Denny Tsettos

Guest slamminshaun

Hey Tru1, how do I get ahold of Raj? I spun for him next door at Cream/Liquid for two years, but can't find his damn cell phone number.....for privacy reasons, you could email it to me at djslamminshaun@aol.com. Much appreciated!!!

Guest ddg

evan and release are doing a great job....edgars book monthly and the names are coming in....icey, sandra (i am so upset that im gonna miss this, but then again i will be in vegas ::))

even saleen should come up for his homeboy tsettos....

hey evan....when is your b-day gonna be confirmed with you know who...that ones gonna be HUGE!!!

Guest Tru1

DDG,

Unfortunately that particular artist got swooped up by Space.

(go figure, for 1 it is space, and for 2 they more than doubled my offer) :(

There are some other big things in the works though...stay tuned.

Guest ddg

DDG,

Unfortunately that particular artist got swooped up by Space.

(go figure, for 1 it is space, and for 2 they more than doubled my offer) :(

There are some other big things in the works though...stay tuned.

definitely.. ;)

any chance you could bring hybrid or james lavelle...?? ;)

Guest ddg

andrew....please tell me of some of the good talent up here..just curious cuz the only talent thats come up here (as far as guests and big names) come sporadically at best....

but it looks like release is trying to change that.. ;)

andrew....please tell me of some of the good talent up here..just curious cuz the only talent thats come up here (as far as guests and big names) come sporadically at best....

but it looks like release is trying to change that.. ;)

Matt Spector ? and Obby ? i believe also plays there from time to time ..

how often do u go out ? or .. if u hate WPB that much come to Miami !

Guest ddg

i dont think spector is at release anymore....and obby is at resort (sorry, but it blows and im not the only one who feels that way)

ramirez at delux + lust at delux is the most consistent thing we've got

and believe me i go to miami enough...but its nice to stay locally and check out some names like icey, ralph falcon, sandra collins, edgar........its been some time that west palm had any consistency..

Guest ddg

We dont get many Miami DJs in Palm Beach County, that is why we DO go out in Miami and why we are excited when one comes up here. ::)

exactly........

hey crazy one.....wanna meet up at bradleys for a drink before release??