Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ken Camminiti Dead

Guest slamminshaun

Guest slamminshaun

Former MVP and Astros superstar, Ken Camminiti died at age 41 of a heart attack. It's no secret that Camminiti battled with substance abuse and had taken anabolic steroids for some of his MLB career, including his 1996 MVP season.

Guest trancelator

If star baseball players start going down like former WWE wrestlers, the game will suffer b/c everyone will know steroids contributed to the big home run totals.

Guest slamminshaun

If star baseball players start going down like former WWE wrestlers, the game will suffer b/c everyone will know steroids contributed to the big home run totals.

Debatable. Steroids don't make you see the ball better or improve your hand-eye coordination or your swing. The hardest thing in sports to do is to connect a round bat to a round ball. Only 1 out of 1 million people can do it. While it will improve a ball player's running speed, it usually won't improve bat speed.

Debatable. Steroids don't make you see the ball better or improve your hand-eye coordination or your swing. The hardest thing in sports to do is to connect a round bat to a round ball. Only 1 out of 1 million people can do it. While it will improve a ball player's running speed, it usually won't improve bat speed.

not true... roids will increase your bat head speed threw the zone. thus you can turn on balls you never could have, and even use a larger bat..

roids= better hitters

the fact they made it to the majors prooves they can already hit, roids just improves it..

Guest trancelator

I remember 40 HR's was a big deal when I was growing up. Then all of a sudden, you have two guys breaking the single season record in one year and another breaking the record two years later. There's something wrong there. Not saying they all used steroids but come on.

I think Mac was not on the juice, he was always pretty big when he played on the Olympic team and the years with the Bash brothers In Oakland, but his boy Jose was all sauced out.. However I think people just don't want to be let down if Mac was on them, he's like a hero to all in baseball. Now bonds is hugggggggggggggggge compared to his Pirates days..

Giambi is much smaller aswell.

Guest JMT

i think Mac is a lot bigger than he was if you looks at old pics. i have his old Topps and he looks like a twig compared to a few years ago.

"juiced" baseballs also have something to do with the home runs. i saw some study that was done a few years back, wish i could remember where, but the balls are made differently.

baseball knows home runs make it exciting to viewers.

i think Mac is a lot bigger than he was if you looks at old pics. i have his old Topps and he looks like a twig compared to a few years ago.

"juiced" baseballs also have something to do with the home runs. i saw some study that was done a few years back, wish i could remember where, but the balls are made differently.

baseball knows home runs make it exciting to viewers.

the juiced baseball is a myth that pitchers came up with. They said they can reach in a bag of balls and pick out the juiced ball..

to me it's a myth, no ball is going to add 30 hrs to the record.

Guest JMT

yeah, but the combo of "juiced" balls and 'roids might help add the 10 or so needed to break the record. the mound was also lowered after Maris set it.

by juiced ball i mean the actual process of making baseballs has been changed, the physical properties of it are different then they were a decade ago.

the same principle for the way golf ball technology has evolved.

Guest slamminshaun

Also, don't forget the fact that the starting pitching is not nearly up to snuff with the starting pitching of yesteryear.

Guest JMT

i tend to think that is a result of whats been done to to favor the hitters: lowering the pitching mound 5 inches, umps shrinking the strike zone.

but who knows, maybe over-expansion has made the true pitching talent spread thin.