Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Need info on S-Beach for research paper...

Guest clemsonfan69

Guest clemsonfan69

Im doin a reasearch paper for my college english class, and decided to write on how s-beach has risen to one of the best if not THE best nightlife spot in the US. Anyone know where I can read some good info on SB?

peace

CJ

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget at the end of the paper to address the ascendancy of Downtown Miami vs South Beach, starting this year. 8)

or how immigration and hip hop has ruined the scene in sobe that was already tanking since djs and clubs catered to drug use...

or how the cp crew has given trance a black eye..

Guest web_norah

i'd do a term paper on Chris Paciello and Shawn Lewis (guy that bought Krave and Chaos - - and now lost all his money and lives in Tampa or some shit)......from fame to obscurity, witness protection program and bankruptcy. :o

"what not to do"

Guest pod

People to address in the paper...not all, just some ideas to get you started...

Owners/Promoters/Scenesters:

Chris Paciello - Liquid, Bar Room

Gerry Kelly - Bash, Shadow Lounge, Level, State

Shawn Lewis - broke to rich to broke in 1 season

Louis Puig - Space, 609

Ken Smith - crobar

Dade Sokoloff - Shadow Lounge, Nocturnal

David Padilla - The Mix, Warsaw

Milon Brothers - Opium, Privé, original Living Room

Michael Capponi - BED, Mansion, Privé

Guerra Brothers: Space, crobar, Amika, too numerous to mention...

Buster

Carmel Ophir: Back Door Bamby, Groove Jet

DJs:

Oscar G

Stryke

Roland

Edgar V

Cedric Gervais

David Padilla

George Acosta

Ralph Falcon

Irie

Mark Leventhal

Tracy Young

Danny Tenaglia (was a local way back when and is again...)

Sammy O

Jon Cowan

Luis Diaz

Shawn Rudnick

Clubs past and present and future

Space

crobar

Liquid (include footnote about brief revival in 2002)

Shadow Lounge

Groove Jet

Nerve

Lola

Level

Glam Slam

Cameo Theatre

Warsaw

Paragon

KGB

Opium Garden/Privé

Cheers

Mynt

BED

The Deuce

Amika

Nocturnal

Salvation I (like early 1980s)

Salvation II (late 1990s until 2002)

Issues/controversies:

drugs

21+ law

elimination of afterhours on the beach

Downtown Miami will eventually crush the Beach nightlife scene

celebrities coming and going

hurricanes!

Miami Beach government gradually becoming anti-nightlife

gay scene

Winter Music Conference

"Celebrity" scene versus DJ/Music scene

This is just to get ya started! Everyone else feel free to add topics and such for this guy...

Guest web_norah

Shawn Lewis - broke to rich to broke in 1 season

-- you forgot the "married a Hialeah girl and got divorced within a month, followed by alimony payments"

Guest web_norah

but perhaps the easiest research info one would be Paciello since he made headlines when it turned out that he wasnt a guido .... but a NY crook (he probably lives in the woods of Nebraska these days).

oh i'd add Ingrid Casares too.

Guest web_norah

Shawn Lewis lost money on stupid deals..... always had the moocher club entourage of hot girls with him....(and i am sure they hardly know who he is these days).

Guest LeVeL

Shawn Lewis lost money on stupid deals..... always had the moocher club entourage of hot girls with him....(and i am sure they hardly know who he is these days).

I can hardly imagine what this guy spent his money on but just years ago he was on top of his game. Thats one reason why I give money to bums because you never know if you'll be in that position. Life seems to work in different ways, your on top of the world one moment then something happens and your living in poverty under a bridge.

Making that transition is probably one of the hardest things to do in life.

Guest web_norah

sex, drugs and clubs....thats where his money went. investing in clubs that made no money....i can go on and on.

he went from living alongside millionaires to trailer park in Tampa.

i dont know but you cant be too smart if you lose it that badly.

Guest bcnjunkie
djs and clubs catered to drug use...

Unlike NJ where there's no drug use and the guido's that come to party in NYC are totally respectful and don't know any drugs .......

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ........ LAUGHING TOO HARD ..... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ...... NJ GUIDO'S .... NOW THAT'S SOMETHING TO LAUGH AT ..... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Unlike NJ where there's no drug use and the guido's that come to party in NYC are totally respectful and don't know any drugs .......

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ........ LAUGHING TOO HARD ..... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ...... NJ GUIDO'S .... NOW THAT'S SOMETHING TO LAUGH AT ..... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

dude, where is my grilled cheese???

Guest web_norah

the only drug in NJ is juicing the roids and the fake bake look plus the waxed eyebrow look...check out the Gotti kids and the mom

Guest bcnjunkie

dude, where is my grilled cheese???

I told you, you couldn't afford our grilled cheese !, we don't take parties (even if it's only two people) under 1,000.00 ... sorry... try McDonalds.... ps that's 1,000 without labor, it will be an additional $ 400.00 (our minimum charge) for labor plus an 18% tip (on food cost) making your grill cheese $ 1,580.00

Guest endymion

Kind of cracks me up to see somebody come in and ask about "nightlife" in South Beach, and you guys immediately assume that they mean dance music.

Saleen and Dan's responses that totally gloss over hip hop and imply that there are too many dark-skinned people and languages other than English and music that deviates too far from 130 BPM... Hilarious. A little sad but still very funny.