Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roger Sanchez@Space Review

Bling

Before I start this review let me just say: "CARISA KICK UR BOYFRIEND'S BUTT FOR MAKIN U LEAVE AT 5AM. CUZ ROGER SANCHEZ ANNIHILATED THE PATIO."

What a marathon nite it was. I arrived around 12 (late by my standards) and left at ..... OMFG 9 am.... Everyone was shocked I was there so long...... Thank god for the 3.5 red bulls i had :)

To shoutout to eveyrone there would be a test in futility as i think i bumped into all of cp miami and cj LOL.

Before the main room opened, the hip hop room was radically different. Luis if you read this review leave the room as it is you finally got it right. The vip area was smaller and there was a large dancing area right in front of the booth. Perfect.

The dj warming up the crowd was not one I recognized. He was playing very very well known house tracks. All great tracks but it got annoying after a while because every track was like a club anthem. It would have been nice if he threw in some unknown tracks here and there.

Cedric's set

First off, want to say the main room was decorated awesome. It had a Oriental look to it with a chinese dragon hanging in the back and chinese banners hanging throuhout. Also the staff was dressed in Oriental garb. (ardis and eddy lookin good in the outfits). I was thinking damn is Satoshi Toomie spinning? LOL . Then i found out Luis likes the oriental look and had it set up for his bday..... nice stuff.

Cedric did a fantastic job in the main room.Just like he has the previous times i have been to space he had lots of energy and the crowd was eating it up. Cedric was up from like 1ish to 3:10 when Roger finally arrived.

Roger Sanchez main room set.

I will admit I did not like it at all. He had one or two tracks that I loved though.

One was the I have a dream intro and then he went into a very sheldonesque lust4house track . Sick.......

Bumped into half of Miami in the main room.

Great to see, Andrew, Carisa, Gregg, Renzo, Eric, Ryan(TA), ARdis, Bruno, Oscar G, Tonie(gorgeous as always)

Great to see Michelle dancing her ass off with that funkyness that only she brings. Also great to see Roly (bro u are a regular john travolta.... u got moves bro....) . giving michelle some competition for funkiest dancer :)

Also in da hizhouse was Dan, Diaga, DJ Onyx BCNJunkie, Sasha, didnt get a chance to say hi to lilly)Guyman good to meet u finally. Also great to meet the newlywed couple RBS and his lovely wife. You are both really cool and def would love to hang with u guys again. god knows who else im missing because im disoriented right now...

Roger Sanchez and Roland Patio set

By the time i go to the patio around 545 roland was tearing it up nasty. ROland is in the zone up there. He best said it when he told me. "this is my fav place to spin" the vibe here is amazing." I could not agree more. I will start to hit the patio more often from now on.

My review of roger on the patio? -----HE OWNED ME plain and simple.---- It was as if the patio was a completely different nite for roger IMHO. He rocked it so hard I just had a smile on my face all day. (omg i said day what a long ass nite)

He played nasty nasy latin house, some classics, and just good vocal house. Roger was just dropping bomb after bomb after bomb, I just couldnt stop dancing.

The patio even at 9 am was completely slammed. What a vibe.

I want to thank Roland, DJ Speed, and Rocky for letting me party with u all in the booth with Roger. It was a great pleasure to meet roger and take a pic with him.... Super cool guy and down to earth.

Also want to shoutout to the patio peepz.

Sobeton, LadySphinx (I hope i got it right... great to meet u), Cosminigon, Karin, etc...... and was shocked to see Jackie along with the southside crew... sammy and charlie. Sammy made me crack up saying i look like neo with my shades ... LOL .

I must comment on one girl in the patio. Got to dance with her in the booth a bit as well. I believe she hangs around Cafeteria as well but she was wearing a red short top and dancing on the platforms so sexy..... can u say HOTTTTTTTTTT !!!!! Good gawd

What a fantastic nite/day I have had. Want to thank everyone at space for treating me first class. Once again Happy birthday to Luis . BTW Luis shares his bday with my mom so now i wont forget what day is bday is . heh

Well now i cant freakin sleep because my sleep cycles are all wack time to be up 48 hrs whoooo hooooooo . kill me LOL

Addendum

Bumped into Danny Tenaglia. Got to talk to him I asked him about his halloween gig at mansion. :)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Def sorry I missed the patio but SOMEBODY got me obliterated about oh maybe 10 minutes after I walked into the club and we had "non-clubbing" things to do today...yeah go ahead...call me DomesticC. But for the record I love, love, love, love ,love Roger Sanchez!!!! Can anybody PLEASE reccomend a good cd or live set from him?!

Great seeing everyone, especially a few I dont see out very often. I swear I could have danced until my feet fell off last nigt!!! Glad you guys had a great time too. ;D

Guest rollyp66

All I can say is WOW!!!!! Roger blew Space up last night! Unfortunatly I missed his patio set, I had to leave around 7:30 to be @ work @ 8! Yes I am a trooper because it looks like I may have to be here all night but it was worth it! Big ups to all that were there. My girl Karin even though you were hiding from me most of the time lol I'm gonna get ya. Anyway I'm assuming that SOMEBODY that got Ms. DomesticC obliterated was me lol, I'm damn proud of it. Man I lost count of how many shots I took through out the night but I know I was TRASHED before we saw the assassin on the patio! Great Music, Great People! What more could I ask for?? I know what I can ask for....... Bring Roger Back more often!!!!

All I can say is WOW!!!!! Roger blew Space up last night! Unfortunatly I missed his patio set, I had to leave around 7:30 to be @ work @ 8! Yes I am a trooper because it looks like I may have to be here all night but it was worth it! Big ups to all that were there. My girl Karin even though you were hiding from me most of the time lol I'm gonna get ya. Anyway I'm assuming that SOMEBODY that got Ms. DomesticC obliterated was me lol, I'm damn proud of it. Man I lost count of how many shots I took through out the night but I know I was TRASHED before we saw the assassin on the patio! Great Music, Great People! What more could I ask for?? I know what I can ask for....... Bring Roger Back more often!!!!

hell yeah....... roger roger roger........

Guest lulamishka

Anyway I'm assuming that SOMEBODY that got Ms. DomesticC obliterated was me lol, I'm damn proud of it. Man I lost count of how many shots I took through out the night but I know I was TRASHED before we saw the assassin on the patio!

Uh Yea, you obliterated me too!! I don't even remember the 3rd shot you SAY I had in the patio...and that's not counting the drinks I had! Lord have mercy! lol. wayyyyyy tooo trashed. :P

Anyway I'm assuming that SOMEBODY that got Ms. DomesticC obliterated was me lol, I'm damn proud of it. Man I lost count of how many shots I took through out the night but I know I was TRASHED before we saw the assassin on the patio!

Uh Yea, you obliterated me too!! I don't even remember the 3rd shot you SAY I had in the patio...and that's not counting the drinks I had! Lord have mercy! lol. wayyyyyy tooo trashed. :P

u made it to the patio? didnt even see u

Guest rollyp66

Lol let me remind you... We first went to the patio & we ran into my friends by the Assassin's Bar... I introduced you to him and than he took a head count and poured out like 8-10 shots for our crew. You took it down like a champ lol

lol.. she was hiding ;D

Well the highlight of the night was Oscar dropping old-school hip-hop jams at 10 AM and Cedric screaming into the mic.

LMAO damn i missed it only by an hr i should have stayed till 10 am......... LOL crazy shit happens at that time of morning LOL.......

Guest lulamishka

Yep, I made it to the patio, although I left Space for a couple hours or so and came back around 9ish?? and pretty much closed the patio.

Thank you AGAIN, Jackie! YOU ARE AN ANGEL!

Guest lulamishka

Well it devolved into "What!?!?!??!?!" "OK!!!!!!" near the end. With a French accent.

You gonna ask Oscar to "speak" into the mic next week? lol....funniest shit was you saying "watch him loop it"...LOL.

Guest lulamishka

Oscar will emit the brown note into the mic next week, and loop it.

ROFL....is this confirmed? You actually asked? lolol.

Guest LeVeL

Roger was aight...he played some old school house jams if you know what I mean Sash. Also great hangin with the crew and meeting some new faces like BcnJunkie, Ldysphynx(Girl you crazy..lol ;)), and Lulamishka and some other individuals. Was there for Rogers encore performance on the patio which was obviosly better than his indoor performance, this is the new thing in Space, I guess. But nothing out of this world in my opinion.

Also good to finally see Carisa with her other half, congratulations baby girl :D .

LMAO

Nice to finally put some faces to the junkies. You all were very cool to an outsider...Special thanks to Bling for introducing us to everyone.

My review as follows:

Hip Hop Room (Before 1am)

DJ was OK. Playing top 40's which really had most of the crowd kind of nodding their heads but I felt he could have introduced a few new upcoming tracks if you know what I mean.

Main Room (1:00 - 3:00)

My first time really paying attention to Cedric and let me say the boy can hold his own. He really impressed me and had the clubbers going nuts with his breaks. Let me just say for my taste, too much horn use and the wind up siren. Once or twice might be OK in a good buildup but over used. Reminds me of Acosta in Level. :-\

Main Room (3:00-3:30)

I know I suck. I left early. Roger dropped a really nice intro and saw him get really into it. But right away realized that it was not 100% RS. He kept the Space Main Room sound alive and I was expecting what I come to find out was his set at the patio. Maybe next time I'll pass up the Main and show up late for the patio.

Guest fairyDust

All I have to say is that going to the main room was a waste of time...I'm not a patio person, but I absolutely loved the patio great vibe, great music, and great weather. Nice meeting LdySphynx and hubby....cool hanging out with the usuals ;)

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

All I have to say is that going to the main room was a waste of time...I'm not a patio person, but I absolutely loved the patio great vibe, great music, and great weather. Nice meeting LdySphynx and hubby....cool hanging out with the usuals ;)

I second that! :)