Clubplanet Nightlife Community

It's time for Roland to leave Space...

V. Barbarino

Guest Cosmigonon

Well, to me Space is the patio basically, and I know a LOT of people that think the same way, so the Patio is As important as the Main Room, otherwise you wouldn't have Roger Sanchez playing it; I mean, last time Sander K played Space, he ONLY played the Terrace.

Basically, that's why I never give opinions on Oscar G, I don't even remember how he plays, and Cedric, I've never ever heard him play Space yet :-[, but all I know is that Roland and Cue are the guys that rock Space every sunday morning, and have never dissapointed me.

Now, I know that a lot of people never go to the patio, but at the same time, a lot of people never go to the Main Room as well, so to the first ones, Space is Oscar and Cedric. For the rest of us, Space is Roland and Cue. 8)

Guest LeVeL

Well, to me Space is the patio basically, and I know a LOT of people that think the same way, so the Patio is As important as the Main Room, otherwise you wouldn't have Roger Sanchez playing it; I mean, last time Sander K played Space, he ONLY played the Terrace.

Basically, that's why I never give opinions on Oscar G, I don't even remember how he plays, and Cedric, I've never ever heard him play Space yet :-[, but all I know is that Roland and Cue are the guys that rock Space every sunday morning, and have never dissapointed me.

Now, I know that a lot of people never go to the patio, but at the same time, a lot of people never go to the Main Room as well, so to the first ones, Space is Oscar and Cedric. For the rest of us, Space is Roland and Cue. 8)

You know I was about to say that Roland needs another residency but after your post Josh, I got to see your point and your completely right. A lot of people dont ever even go to the Main room because they go to the Patio. Space tends to have 2 different crowds going to their venue.

Just a lot of us got use to Roland performances in the Main-Room and now that he is no longer playing there its a dam shame because you only get to hear him on the patio. But well said Cosmi. ;)

Guest Cosmigonon

Well' date=' to me Space is the patio basically, and I know a LOT of people that think the same way, so the Patio is As important as the Main Room, otherwise you wouldn't have Roger Sanchez playing it; I mean, last time Sander K played Space, he ONLY played the Terrace.

[/quote']

You know I was about to say that Roland needs another residency but after your post Josh, I got to see your point and your completely right. A lot of people dont ever even go to the Main room because they go to the Patio. Space tends to have 2 different crowds going to their venue.

Just a lot of us got use to Roland performances in the Main-Room and now that he is no longer playing there its a dam shame because you only get to hear him on the patio. But well said Cosmi. ;)

Gracias Luis ;D.

Yeah, Space has two shifts, the Graveyard shift :), and the morning shift 8).

Well' date=' to me Space is the patio basically, and I know a LOT of people that think the same way, so the Patio is As important as the Main Room, otherwise you wouldn't have Roger Sanchez playing it; I mean, last time Sander K played Space, he ONLY played the Terrace.

[/quote']

nice said josh...

space actually has 3 diff crowds...

1. "the bling crowd aka be there when the door opens 10-11pm till 2-3...usually the tourists that aren't that much into clubbing or going every weekend."

2. "the 2-3am just got out of work, went home, changed than went str8 to space but couldnt make it b4 1am, nd tryed calling me to bitch out how they arrived there at exactly 12:59, ect...they usually end up staying till 5-6am(5%-10% stay till the patio)."

3. "the 5-6am patio crowd but still enjoy catching the last few hours of OG or whoever is in the main room, that way when the patio opens they can go up than come down, to catch some of that main room AC b4 the main room closes, they usually tend to stay till 10-12pm, sometimes till close."

Guest rollyp66

Then you get weirdoes like me who overdo it and stay from 2-3 AM until close. :o

I usually get there between 4-7 so fresh & so clean. Although lately I have been going out before but I usually don't but it is Salchicober!

Guest biznation00

I understand where alot of you peepz are comin' from, but just hear this for a sec...

The Mainroom & Terrace are 2 different rooms, 2 different crowds & 2 different sounds. I think now more than ever, it’s a bit more obvious to notice the difference in the crowds and I think now more than ever both rooms are being recognized & accepted as 2 different atmospheres by the people. I think WE at Space need to recognize that detail just a bit more & really push each room & their djs as a different party under one roof. It’s not about just Oscar & Cedric in the Mainroom, or Roland, Cue or Ivano on the Terrace. It’s about Inside & Out. Its pretty obvious to me how different the sounds are, not to mention the crowds.

So Yes, we might not see Roland in that mainroom anymore & I sometimes miss it. But this way I feel each room and party seems a bit more organized & consistent. Each dj focuses more on one set & one party. After all, it’s consistency that’s played a big part in keeping the Terrace together for the last 8 months & it’s consistency that’s got that mainroom where it is today.

I think our mistake might be not marketing each room & it’s djs as its own. But in no way is our mistake an immediate threat to Roland or Oscar or anyone else. Space has a lot of talent & if we balance it the right way, everyone comes out winning & no one dj has to overshadow the next guy. ;)

Guest rollyp66

I understand where alot of you peepz are comin' from, but just hear this for a sec...

The Mainroom & Terrace are 2 different rooms, 2 different crowds & 2 different sounds. I think now more than ever, it’s a bit more obvious to notice the difference in the crowds and I think now more than ever both rooms are being recognized & accepted as 2 different atmospheres by the people. I think WE at Space need to recognize that detail just a bit more & really push each room & their djs as a different party under one roof. It’s not about Oscar & Cedric in the Mainroom, or Roland, Cue or Ivano on the Terrace. It’s about Inside & Out. Its pretty obvious to me how different the sounds are, not to mention the crowds.

So Yes, we might not see Roland in that mainroom anymore & I sometimes miss it. But this way I feel each room and party seems a bit more organized & consistent. Each dj focuses more on one set & one party. After all, it’s consistency that’s played a big part in keeping the Terrace together for the last 8 months & it’s consistency that’s got that mainroom where it is today.

I think our mistake might be not marketing each room & it’s djs as its own. But in no way is our mistake an immediate threat to Roland or Oscar or anyone else. Space has a lot of talent & if we balance it the right way, everyone comes out winning & no one dj has to overshadow the next guy. ;)

I totally agree with you every room has its own atmosphere & personally I don't like the main room because it is too crowded and the main reason I go to Space is to have my space and of course to jam to the funky patio beats! All the Space Resident are awesome, they all bring thier own flavour & that is what makes Space so special.

Guest biznation00

Roland definitely needs more exposure. He's been there since the beginning, yet to me if feels like he never got the respect he deserves. Just the patio alone is not enough exposure for him. He needs to have another residency in addition to the patio. Roly I'm behind you 100%.

the patio is just as important as the main room imo .. it would be nice to see lunar sessions come back though. he's playing abroad already what else do you want him to do? he's also playing cellar bar in nyc this friday.

my crew is ready & booked for a road trip! I'll bring back pictures & post em...

vaya con dios! ;)

Guest ramon

Roland definitely needs more exposure. He's been there since the beginning, yet to me if feels like he never got the respect he deserves. Just the patio alone is not enough exposure for him. He needs to have another residency in addition to the patio. Roly I'm behind you 100%.

the patio is just as important as the main room imo .. it would be nice to see lunar sessions come back though. he's playing abroad already what else do you want him to do? he's also playing cellar bar in nyc this friday.

my crew is ready & booked for a road trip! I'll bring back pictures & post em...

vaya con dios! ;)

should be a good night out.. i know some guys from texas who will be there. :)

Guest cutchemist

Then you get weirdoes like me who overdo it and stay from 2-3 AM until close. :o

WERD! Thats used to be me too.

Those were the days :'(

Guest pod

And again, I've been at this for quite a few years now, staying out very late, etc. The key to it has been moderation. I can stay out late for many reasons.

1): I'm single. No girl to bitch and moan at me when I walk through the door at 2 PM.

2): In the later hours I space my drinks out.

3): I don't drive and lately my ride has had the urge to stay way late so I just have to deal with it hehe ;D

Guest klit

The Mainroom & Terrace are 2 different rooms, 2 different crowds & 2 different sounds. I think now more than ever, it’s a bit more obvious to notice the difference in the crowds and I think now more than ever both rooms are being recognized & accepted as 2 different atmospheres by the people. I think WE at Space need to recognize that detail just a bit more & really push each room & their djs as a different party under one roof. It’s not about just Oscar & Cedric in the Mainroom, or Roland, Cue or Ivano on the Terrace. It’s about Inside & Out. Its pretty obvious to me how different the sounds are, not to mention the crowds.

Biz your right about it being 2 different vibes and parties. I prefer the patio one, but I just can't do it myself as at that time. My bitching on this thread is cause I don't get to see roly playing no more and cause of the marketing differences I see towards the other residents in space promotions. I know gervais is new and they have to put him on more fliers so people know he is actually there and same goes for belinni as he is not always playing, but I wanna open one flier with roly's picture on it for once so he is not just a name next to tony tone or radamas on the fliers every week. Also no reason he should not be mentioned on that new club's website.