Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ultra vs Spacefest.... The new info....

V. Barbarino

Guest Stryker

This whole spacefest thing is bullshit(literally)!!! There is nothing lp can do to stop the tens of thousands of people who travel to Miami every year for North America's favorite dance music festival. spacefest if anything will be some dinky attempt at something that has taken 7 years to build. Dont believe the hype... :P

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tru1

Ultra has great brand recognition, value, and sponsorships. That is why I believe the end game is to partner up with Ultra...not run them out of town. Only time will tell.

But I will tell you one thing as a promoter. If half of the headliners are playing elsewhere...Ultra is going to lose much of its status very quickly, a year or two of that and ultra isn't ultra anymore. In the party/festival game you are only as good as your last show.

Guest rollyp66

You don't know what the Space organization is capable of. I don't think their challenge to Ultra will be 'dinky'.

I agree, They won't go half-ass. They will bring thier "A" game. I'm sure it won't be dinky

Guest endymion

Ultra is going to lose much of its status very quickly, a year or two of that and ultra isn't ultra anymore. In the party/festival game you are only as good as your last show.

That's exactly what will happen and it's pure karma. Ultra staff have been known for hubris, insisting that they are the biggest baddest thing in the universe and completely untouchable. Someone has called their bluff. Will putting an end to Ultra be as simple as siphoning off a few thousand ticket sales with a tack-on charity event to skew their profit margins into negative numbers? I can't wait to see.

Guest coach

Remember that a vast majority of those attendees, at both Space and especially at Ultra, are not really there for the music. They go because it is "cool".

And festivals and club-nights are totally different things. Some people will prefer the club vibe, some the outdoor festival vibe. Me, I'm a festival person.

I woulnd't go to a club event on Ultra night no matter who they had. There will be tons of talent at Ultra, and it will be a big festival with goofy vendors and junky food and all the fun things that go with a festival. Lots of people are like that. Plus, I can go to the club the rest of the year, but Ultra is only the once.

And what kind of lunatic would put a non-compete clause in their contracts? How many times have you heard a DJ during WMC say, "If you liked my set, check me out on X-day at X-club!" It's like free advertising.

Guest Tru1

coach...Spacefest is not looking like a club night...it is looking like an ultra type festival.

Also...look at the UK, Gatecrasher, Godskitchen, Ministry of Sound, Slinky, and several others all throw major festivals and club nights.

FYI...The guy that owns Spundae worldwide and just got bought out for big bucks by Godskitchen now lives in Miami.

There are a lot of irons in the fire come this conference.

I am going to enjoy watching how everything plays out.

Guest web_norah
fair and unbalanced

go back to writing soliloquies on the chat forum. the FOX punchline isnt your best act.

::) i wouldnt use "fair and unbalanced" around... O'Reilly will soon be joining the ranks of Clarence Thomas for being a confirmed pervert. like Lainie said, before you post your "intel" reports, check your facts correctly. all clubs have a non competition clause and Ultra and Spacefest will both serve a purpose and bring diverse lineups for the under 18 people as well as the WMC attendees.

And what kind of lunatic would put a non-compete clause in their contracts?.

Coach that's a standard business practice not only in clubs for artists, designers, etc...people protect themselves especially when putting together a massive event.

Guest JMT
fair and unbalanced

go back to writing soliloquies on the chat forum. the FOX punchline isnt your best act.

::) i wouldnt use "fair and unbalanced" around... O'Reilly will soon be joining the ranks of Clarence Thomas for being a confirmed pervert. ....

(temporary thread jack)

this from someone who defended R Kelley

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Guest web_norah
Also...look at the UK, Gatecrasher, Godskitchen, Ministry of Sound, Slinky, and several others all throw major festivals and club nights.

i wouldnt compare those festivals to Ultra or Coachella.

most of those are club nights not festivals anyway. Creamfields and Homelands are the two biggest summer events nowadays.

Guest pod

Almost every club down here worth their salt puts non-competes on their guest DJs. DJs sign off on them because the deal is usually very good. I doubt the likes of Tiësto would risk losing $120,000+ in income this year on the off chance that another club could match it.

And Norah is right about it being prevalent elsewhere, too. Hell, I shot the Latin VMAs last night and my "non-compete" doesn't allow me to release the images except to specified parties.

[glow=red,2,300]Anyone can say what they like Norah. They can shit talk and hate it's fine. I am proud of my work with the Ultra Music Festival. And over the years we have brought acts and DJs such as THE STREETS, UNDERWORLD, CHEMICAL BROS., BASMENT JAXX, WAY OUT WEST, JUNKIE XL, DEEPSKY, PVD, TIESTO, SASHA, JOHN DIGWEED, FATBOY SLIM, etc

The eclectic nature of Ultra Music Festival is unparallelled in the US for Electronic Music. Ultra has a whole arena for Drum n Bass and Breaks. Nevermind the MC areas. If you want to people like ICEY, DJ RAP, DIESELBOY, BABY ANNE and others look no further. Last years first FREEDOM Arena which had Tom Stephan, Tracy Young, Peter Rauhofer and Boy George promoted and benefited GMHC and Lifebeat. A very proud moment indeed for Ultra to welcome and incorporate the circuit community into WMC which is very rare.

People say if someone did 5000 people at another Festival it would be damaging. HELL do 10,000 go for it. It's a free country. If any "BIG" DJ decided to choose an alternative to Ultra then we just saved that booking fee :) freeing up more funds to promote.

Again I hope it works out for all. Because saying your starting something, causing all this drama and then flaking at the end. Well that would make the person that started all this look like a complete fucking loser.

Anyway have a great weekend. And get ready for a bad ass lineup from Ultra Music Festival.....7 Years Strong and growing![/glow]

Guest JMT
Anyway have a great weekend. And get ready for a bad ass lineup from Ultra Music Festival.....7 Years Strong and growing![/glow]

i like that attitude

[glow=red,2,300]Anyone can say what they like Norah. They can shit talk and hate it's fine. I am proud of my work with the Ultra Music Festival. And over the years we have brought acts and DJs such as THE STREETS, UNDERWORLD, CHEMICAL BROS., BASMENT JAXX, WAY OUT WEST, JUNKIE XL, DEEPSKY, PVD, TIESTO, SASHA, JOHN DIGWEED, FATBOY SLIM, etc

The eclectic nature of Ultra Music Festival is unparallelled in the US for Electronic Music. Ultra has a whole arena for Drum n Bass and Breaks. Nevermind the MC areas. If you want to people like ICEY, DJ RAP, DIESELBOY, BABY ANNE and others look no further. Last years first FREEDOM Arena which had Tom Stephan, Tracy Young, Peter Rauhofer and Boy George promoted and benefited GMHC and Lifebeat. A very proud moment indeed for Ultra to welcome and incorporate the circuit community into WMC which is very rare.

People say if someone did 5000 people at another Festival it would be damaging. HELL do 10,000 go for it. It's a free country. If any "BIG" DJ decided to choose an alternative to Ultra then we just saved that booking fee :) freeing up more funds to promote.

Again I hope it works out for all. Because saying your starting something, causing all this drama and then flaking at the end. Well that would make the person that started all this look like a complete fucking loser.

the ultra camp freaked out and got pissed off when i posted the comments about the few last tickets. they are still trying to figure out who told me. well no one told me, a dj last year let me in the numbers. ( I do know a few djs)... so tell the ultra nazi's to stop questioning people I know. I"m not on anyone's side, but if you idiots were smart, you'd cut louis in on your festival now. Ultra and Space both don't know the big news, but a major peesps saw this post and decided to go with space if they have their shit is gear.

think i'm lying? you guys will see soon enough..

[glow=red,2,300]I knew who told you, it was the same theory he spouted to me over the phone.....I just thinks it's funny how much of a puppet you are. ;D hahaha Listen we have to get back to work. But man thanks for the laugh. And if someone wants to sponsor a tent at Ultra as they have in the past you have submit proposal to either my company or Alex Omes and we will take it into consideration. [/glow]

Guest web_norah

LOL. thats too funny Dan, watching the puppet game show played on Saleen cracks me up. he's probably getting a freebie for the JP WMC party...and doing this for kicks.

[glow=red,2,300]I knew who told you, it was the same theory he spouted to me over the phone.....I just thinks it's funny how much of a puppet you are. ;D hahaha Listen we have to get back to work. But man thanks for the laugh. And if someone wants to sponsor a tent at Ultra as they have in the past you have submit proposal to either my company or Alex Omes and we will take it into consideration. [/glow]

puppet? hardly... i've sold space down the river more than any club in miami.... so how is that being a puppet?