Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone Ever Seen Junkie XL (live)

Guest dino

Guest pod

I've seen him live up close, and it seemed to be kind of a sham. Sequenced tracks, with the occasional effect provided by his vintage roland synth. Considering what he brings out with him, I wasn't too impressed.

Give me real live stuff like Infusion.

Guest MELI2444

saw him at nerve this past year...... :o :o

great stuff and nice guy too

Really? I didn't like him at Nerve. ??? Did you hear him at Ultra?

Guest eKiTeL

I heard him at Nerve, definitely a sham, and the music was very fluffy, no edge at all, except for the Peter Tosh remix, that one is very cool, but he might as well have been playing it from a record, and I don't like that hat either

Guest web_norah

seems like mixed reviews, i dont know but i enjoyed it, if you're expecting a live electronic act, ithats not what i'd label Junkie XL as --

Guest Dizmus

Junkie XL is a master of this electronic music thing. I saw him at Remix Hotel last year in SoBe, and he RIPPED it up. His sound is very clear and separated, and he knows how to establish buildups very well...his equipment provides for very analog sounds with great richness and texture...I've never seen him perform a DJ set, only live, so that's what I'm basing this post on...but his composition and performance are unparalleled. He's been in the game for a long time, so he definitely knows what he's doing...if you catch him when he's in the groove and into the show, you'll be blown away.

Guest pussErox

Junkie XL is a master of this electronic music thing. I saw him at Remix Hotel last year in SoBe, and he RIPPED it up. His sound is very clear and separated, and he knows how to establish buildups very well...his equipment provides for very analog sounds with great richness and texture...I've never seen him perform a DJ set, only live, so that's what I'm basing this post on...but his composition and performance are unparalleled. He's been in the game for a long time, so he definitely knows what he's doing...if you catch him when he's in the groove and into the show, you'll be blown away.

Right on bro. There are several characteristics to producing good tracks. I have always felt with electronic music the most important one is usually the tension and release. Throughout the songs as well as the set. And there is no doubt about it, this guy can make things happen both on stage, and in the studio. Several live bootlegs of his performances can be found for download at the usual places.

Guest pod

I don't know if it was the exception, but Junkie XL's set at Nerve seemed "semi-live" at best, with him just playing back tracks from his laptop and adding the occasional blip from his roland synth.

Again, give me Infusion or Underworld over him 8)

Guest coach

Maybe his set at the Remix at WMC was an exception, but it was great. However, it was out by a pool with a very receptive audience, many music professionals, so it was kind of a different situation than at a club. But he brought some great energy and the crowd ate it up.

Right on bro. There are several characteristics to producing good tracks. I have always felt with electronic music the most important one is usually the tension and release. Throughout the songs as well as the set. And there is no doubt about it, this guy can make things happen both on stage, and in the studio. Several live bootlegs of his performances can be found for download at the usual places.

you people get waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too complicated.

did you enjoy the show???

Guest pussErox

you people get waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too complicated.

did you enjoy the show???

i know. i was trying to follow suit.

Guest pussErox

If anyone is interested in checking out the JunkieXL : 7am ambient, or dance, or both ,cd's. Hit me up on AIM. I can UL them to you pretty quick.