Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Hatred for Hip Hop

Guest cubanito44

Guest tres-b

With any music there is quality if you know where to look - Roots, Talib, Kanye, Jurrasic 5, Jean Grae, Mos Def and many more artists that are blurring the lines of underground dance, hip hop and originality...if you accept what gets played in heavy rotation on hot 105 and power as the only examples of the music then thats your fault - same as the people that accept every piece of garbage that gets played on party 93 as quality dance music.

Party 93 is cutting edge. lol.

In all seriousness, I agree to some extent but the hip hop culture is not good for the club world in the long term. Hip hoppers chase all other club goers away. Maybe not intentionally, but it happens. Hip hop has destroyed the scene in Atlanta. As a househead stuck in a hip hop town, I can tell you first hand that the hip hoppers and violence that has gone along w/ them has ruined Atlanta nightlife(see our 2:30 last call law)

Guest Seb

With any music there is quality if you know where to look - Roots, Talib, Kanye, Jurrasic 5, Jean Grae, Mos Def and many more artists that are blurring the lines of underground dance, hip hop and originality...if you accept what gets played in heavy rotation on hot 105 and power as the only examples of the music then thats your fault - same as the people that accept every piece of garbage that gets played on party 93 as quality dance music.

True there is still some quality Hip Hop out there, J-5 being one of them. I guess my problem is that the good Hip Hop is few and far between compared to where it used to be.

Guest rollyp66

did you guys see Jay Z's boy peppered sprayed R Kelly, after R Kelly thought someone in the crowd was waving a gun...

too funny..

yep, lol. they cancelled the tour bc of that.

The tour isn't cancelled, R Kelly has been removed from the bill

Guest r3nz0

Nicely said, bitch.

Guest rollyp66

True there is still some quality Hip Hop out there, J-5 being one of them. I guess my problem is that the good Hip Hop is few and far between compared to where it used to be.

Well like I had stated in a previous thread turn our ear to the underground... there are still some VERY good Artists out there with something positive and meaningful to say. Check out Philly's Most, Kayne West, some locals like MayDay...

Guest rollyp66

i just hate black people...

You know I keep hearing that you are an aight dude, but I can't think to say thaty there might be a little truth behind some of the things you say so.....

slap.gif

Guest lyrik

Nicely said, bitch.

Thanks slut.

Guest AlanS

Wyclef usually brings it proper, blending island rhythms and styles into his music. He is also an incredible entertainer to see live.

Guest tres-b

Wyclef usually brings it proper, blending island rhythms and styles into his music. He is also an incredible entertainer to see live.

Wyclef is everything that is cool about hip hop. ;D

I believe the lyrics are getting a bit sloppy and a bit cheesy. But as far as beats, Timbaland, Pharrel, kanye, Lil Jon, Dre, and others are putting out quality beats. (Except Jon, he has what they call crunk, a bit more hostile booty music copy but still makes you bob your head,...to the beat that is.)

Most of Dance heads don't really like Hip Hop and if you are here on this board trying to argue or prove a point, it's pretty much pointless. Listen to LYRIK, there is quality hip hop out there. It's just that the ghetto fabulous gangsta playas from Miami, (teenagers) don't like it.