Clubplanet Nightlife Community

First time in Miami... Hotspots for 23yo M & 19yo F?

Guest tokyoraver

Guest tokyoraver

whats up cooljunkies.... :)

I'm really new here.. I just moved back to the U.S. to FL a few months ago. Been living in Tokyo for the last few years. Anyone been there? Ageha?! Velfarre?!

Anyway, I'll be driving down to Miami this weekend with my 19 year old russian girlfriend, and would like to know some good spots to party that are 18+ friendly (at least for 18+ females... I'm 23).

We really like trance/hard house/hard trance..... not really diggin these florida breakbeats or hip hop

Thanks!! And sorry if this has been discussed before, but I tried searching and couldn't come up with anything

Guest LdySphynx

I think your best bet is Van Dyke & Ferry Corsten from 6pm till Midnight...with Fruit Punch as drinks.

After that I say you are shit out of luck...everything is 21+ after that!!!

Good Luck ;D.

Guest LeVeL

Hey Tokyoraver your best bet is to go to next weeks Ferry Corsten @ Space evnt..it is and 18 and over event.

Man it sucks that you left Tokyo, the Trance and Hardtrance, Hardhouse scene is out of hand overthere. All your going to get here is House... :'(

Good luck in your stay and enjoy.

Guest pod

Settle down level, you act like it is a big crime that trance is not widely represented around here. I know you lust for Miami circa 1999, but it isn't gonna happen. Miami is house right now, it's that simple. You want trance, you gotta travel. Look at Ramon, he understands Miami is not about techno, so he goes to where it is.

Guest LeVeL

Settle down level, you act like it is a big crime that trance is not widely represented around here. I know you lust for Miami circa 1999, but it isn't gonna happen. Miami is house right now, it's that simple. You want trance, you gotta travel. Look at Ramon, he understands Miami is not about techno, so he goes to where it is.

Yeah I know...it sucks it has to be like this though. Amsterdam is my destination, I guess... 8)

Guest pod

It doesn't suck in my opinion. And not because I like house, either.

I've said it a million times, but if every city had the same scene as every other city, then why bother travelling? Miami is house, Amsterdamn is trance, Tokyo is a bunch of crazed japanese kids running aroud like madmen, super crazy 100%!!!!!

Guest LeVeL

It doesn't suck in my opinion. And not because I like house, either.

I've said it a million times, but if every city had the same scene as every other city, then why bother travelling? Miami is house, Amsterdamn is trance, Tokyo is a bunch of crazed japanese kids running aroud like madmen, super crazy 100%!!!!!

So true...I like House dont get me wrong..you see me at events and all but the soul is all Trance.

Guest Clarisa

Settle down level' date=' you act like it is a big crime that trance is not widely represented around here. I know you lust for Miami circa 1999, but it isn't gonna happen. Miami is house right now, it's that simple. You want trance, you gotta travel. Look at Ramon, he understands Miami is not about techno, so he goes to where it is.

[/quote']

Yeah I know...it sucks it has to be like this though. Amsterdam is my destination, I guess... 8)

hey level, you down for amsterdam next year? a couple of friends and I are planning a trip for late next year

Guest LeVeL

hey level, you down for amsterdam next year? a couple of friends and I are planning a trip for late next year

Clarisa I told you I was down then...and I am down now. I am tired of talking about time to get down. Sensation Amsterdam Arena here I come 8)

Guest tokyoraver

Dammit.... 21+ everywhere huh? How about Ft. Lauderdale? or anywhere close-by?

Or maybe a $50 spot to the bouncer? I thought most American clubs let in girls 18+

Yeah... Tokyo was the BESSST!! I'm going back as soon as I finish my degree

Guest guyman1966

There are some places 18+ in the lauderdale area. But they suck. One is right off of 595 and University. I can't remember the name.

Guest aj2234

if your looking for 18 and up go to i/o lounge or soho in the design district.

also i think envy after hours on friday lets 18 year old girls in!

Guest pod

Oh I know, everyone does it, but still, I remember reading somewhere that it can be construed as discrimination somehow. I honestly don't know, I'm wondering if anyone else does.

Guest LeVeL

Junkies,

Also, check out this website for this indie club.

http:\\www.soholoungemiami.com

SoHo Lounge Miami

4+ Rooms, Multilevel

175-193 N.E. 36th Street,

Design District,

Miami, FL

(Between N. Miami Ave and Biscayne Blvd. exit off 1-95)

soholounge_wallpaper1_sm.jpg

let me know what yall think!

marcos

I'm checking out Soho next week..I'll be there representing 8)

Guest junglesmacks

up here in Bore-lando (Orrrrrlando) 18+ girls/21+ guys is standard... never heard of a discrimination thing but yeah it always sounded kinda funny....!

never heard anyone really complaining though.. ;D