Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fashion Rock?

CrzyC1414779017

Have any of you guys heard of this event?

Its a model, actor, singer scouting competition founded by Lou Perlman (Nsync/BSB) and being held in Orlando. I have an interview scheduled for tomorrow night but if you have any info I would appreciate it. I have a feeling its one of those "give us $1k and we will make you a star" but Im not sure.

Thanks in advance guys!

Guest LeVeL

Good Luck Carisa, your a prime example of a person who never gives up on her goals, go get'em girl show them what your made off.

Hey CrazyC, I am pretty sure it is a scam. I was hit up like 5 times when I lived in FL. I went to one meeting and never went back. If you have to pay money up front, it is a scam .

The company has chnaged names like 10 times to avoid the BBB.

Options Talent, TSC, Emodel.com ripoff scam model actor internet comp card cheated employees and screwed the customers even more orlando Florida *EDitors Comment *Consumer Comment ..RUN from Options Talent! It's all BS!

Look here , it is listed

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff20300.htm

Guest pod

Yeah it sounds like a scam. They wanted me to be an emodel.com scout like three years ago due to what i did and where I went, but it was real sketchy.

wow . def proud of u carisa. def go for it though. u have a great talent with ur beautiful voice.

everyone should always try to enhance their best qualities.

though it could be a scam as u say. my sister was screwed over a few times by bs model searches plenty of times. :-X

The only thing that makes me think it may not be a scam is that Lou Perlman is behind it. Although he is a pretty ruthless guy, I dont think he would have his name on a scam...I could be wrong though.

so since its a phone interview do u know what kind of stuff they will ask? do u have to sing to them over the phone?

Guest coach

Yeah it sounds like a scam. They wanted me to be an emodel.com scout like three years ago due to what i did and where I went, but it was real sketchy.

HA! I almost fell for that, too! I had totally forgotten about it until you mentioned it.

Have any of you guys heard of this event?

Its a model, actor, singer scouting competition founded by Lou Perlman (Nsync/BSB) and being held in Orlando. I have an interview scheduled for tomorrow night but if you have any info I would appreciate it. I have a feeling its one of those "give us $1k and we will make you a star" but Im not sure.

Thanks in advance guys!

Hey CC! If you're heading up to Orlando this weekend, give us a call. We're going that way as well.

The only thing that makes me think it may not be a scam is that Lou Perlman is behind it. Although he is a pretty ruthless guy, I dont think he would have his name on a scam...I could be wrong though.

go to Google and type is Fasion rocks Scam and you will see

Sorry to burst your bubble CrazyC

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/21/national/main612928.shtml

http://www.klaasdevriesjr.nl/niews/fashion_rock_scam.htm

If you want to try and go legit, go to Las Olas models in Lauderdale, Neal is the owner. On Las Olas near all the restaurants.

Guest web_norah

with all the respect Lou Perlman is a scumbag and a con artist, he is probably looking for his next victim

research before you go Carisa

Guest slamminshaun

Lou Perlman is behind it. Although he is a pretty ruthless guy, I dont think he would have his name on a scam...I could be wrong though.

Hopefully Lou Pearlman isn't a Cool Junkie ;)

Guest somefiercehouse

DON'T DO IT!

I used to be a "talent executive" for Options then it turned to Transcontinental Talent now it's just Fashion Rock and all they do it events.

Every little bit of that company is a scam. The events are crap. The last one that I worked was a mess. They over sold the hotel, people were showing up at airports thinking airfare was included, the "special guests" didn't show up....it was sad. If you are going to get anywhere in the modeling world, it's not going to be through Lou Pearlman...unless you are a young boy.

But you should still come to Orlando tonight for Deep Dish!

Guest somefiercehouse

Deep Dish rocks my world.....plus there have been more hurricanes in Orlando than good DJ's...so I owe it to house music to go.

8)