Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ESPN and Hank Goldberg say that...

Guest LeVeL

Guest LeVeL

Dave Wanstedt the Head Coach from the Dolphins will resign later on today in a press conference.

This is a sad ordeal sincedave is a wonderful head coach who has a bad team at the moment that has been bothred by injury, problems with players and lack of offense.

This has been LeVeL with an Exclusive for Cooljunkie Sports... lol ;)

Guest klit

You are kidding right? Dave was a horrible coach with the bears and took a team that could have made the superbowl to crap. He couldn't make the playoffs, over ran our team pothead, never made any risk calls, and stuck with a qb that would be a third string qb on any other team.

the blame dave game has to stop...

did dave trade a #2 rd pick for fiely???

nope

did dave have rickey supsended?

nope

does dave tell all the loser fans here in miami when the going gets tough, stop routing for your team and start crying all the time?

did dave spedn 2/3 money on defense?

nope

did dave have taylor kick the ball and get a 15 yeard penalty this weekend and loose the game?

nope

miami fans are cry babies who are fair weathered. They are not real fans like the jets fans or green bay..

Guest LeVeL

nope

nope

does dave tell all the loser fans here in miami when the going gets tough, stop routing for your team and start crying all the time?

nope

did dave have taylor kick the ball and get a 15 yeard penalty this weekend and loose the game?

nope

miami fans are cry babies who are fair weathered. They are not real fans like the jets fans or green bay..

I have to agree with you 100% in Miami and in Chicago he had 2 terrible teams. His general-manager position was revoked from him and given to Spielman. The guy had no choice but to coach, the decisions outside of that were never his.

Dave was and will always be a good coach players love him and would love to play for the guy. Now that he is resigning, all I hope from him is that he gets a better position elsewhere. He desrves to coach a better team just like he coached those Cowboy teams from the 90's for Jimmy Johnson..this will be a bad loss.

Now who will coach this team after this season is my question..who is qualified enough for this Organization?

Guest JMT

nope

nope

nope

nope

IGNORANT!

he is a defensive coordinator, not a head coach. his conservative style has lost multiple games. wake up man. the offensive line has been one of the worst in the league for the last 2 years, questionable the year before that. even when he had personel decision power he made dumb decisions like sticking with jay fiedler for 5 years.

and Speilman should go as well. no one is denying that.

and the Jets suck.

Guest JMT

what do you guys think about spurrier coming to town....i think it might happen

i think its a sick joke. the "fun 'n gun" already failed in the NFL. he took an 8-8 Skins team and made them 5-11, losing 10 of the last 12 games, and stocking the team with NFL rejects from UF. i just dont see how Wayne H. can be seriously considering this.

Guest tres-b

With Fiedler as your #1 guy and no All World RB(aka Ricky Williams)then it really doesnt matter who is calling the plays.

Dave isnt the best by any stretch but he gets too much blame for the fish's failure.

Guest tres-b

nope

nope

nope

nope

IGNORANT!

he is a defensive coordinator, not a head coach. his conservative style has lost multiple games. wake up man. the offensive line has been one of the worst in the league for the last 2 years, questionable the year before that. even when he had personel decision power he made dumb decisions like sticking with jay fiedler for 5 years.

and the Jets suck.

Speilman might as well pack his bags.

FYI, Coach Spurrier has admitted that bringing the UFers to Washington was a mistake. He is a winner and if he wants to tweak the FunNGun, he could make it work in the NFL. I will point out that Joe Gibbs is losing in Washington this year w/ Clinton Portis in the backfield so maybe it wasnt all Coach Spurrier.

Guest JMT

With Fiedler as your #1 guy and no All World RB(aka Ricky Williams)then it really doesnt matter who is calling the plays.

Dave isnt the best by any stretch but he gets too much blame for the fish's failure.

even with ricky, the team has been on a slow slide since Wanny arrived. people havent been paying attention if they dont see this.

Guest JMT

nope

nope

nope

nope

IGNORANT!

and the Jets suck.

Speilman might as well pack his bags.

FYI, Coach Spurrier has admitted that bringing the UFers to Washington was a mistake. He is a winner and if he wants to tweak the FunNGun, he could make it work in the NFL. I will point out that Joe Gibbs is losing in Washington this year w/ Clinton Portis in the backfield so maybe it wasnt all Coach Spurrier.

they had a quality stephen davis when spurrier was there. sorry man, i know your a UF man but spurrier is not the real deal in the NFL. From 8-8 to 5-11.

Since the position is open, dolphins are interested in small over weight guy from jersey who thinks he knows football but couldnt find his ass if had a bell on it, oh thats saleen, alright, well there is a water assistant position open, maybe saleen can do that!!!

Guest tres-b

I agree that his college system will fail in the NFL. I do believe that if he tweaked it, he could make it work. And remeber, there was no Stephen Davis last year.

Having said that, I think that Coach Spurrier needs to come back to college football. Even though it isnt going to be UF, he means more to the game there than in the NFL. I will say that I was not crushed when Coach Spurrier decided not to come back. He would have been great for 3-5 years and then what? New coaching search to replace a legend Part II. Truth be told, Im a Coach Stoops guy. He is the best coach in college right now.

Len Pasquereli(spelling) of ESPN was on 790theZone in Atlanta this morning and said that Nick Saben was going to take a hard look at the Miami job, but that it would take a lot to get him b/c his situation is so good at LSU. Now thats someone I would get fired up about if I was a Fish fan.

Guest trancelator

Wannstedt is a coach that prepares his team well and has decent overall strategies going into games. However, his in game coaching is substandard. You only have to look at Patriot games to see the difference. The players there know how to make adjustments and are coached very well in regards to specific situations.

Wannstedt has had some unfortunate things happen this year but that does not absolve him of anything. If a couple of EVPs in my company leave and the stock does poorly, shareholders will not give the CEO a free pass. One develops a talented TEAM not a bunch of talented first stringers. Just look at Indy in the past. Edgerrin James went down and Rhodes and Mungro stepped in without missing a beat. Wannstedt is a good man but so what?? He was paid to win football games not be a model citizen.

Guest durrtylexx

Wannstedt is a coach that prepares his team well and has decent overall strategies going into games. However, his in game coaching is substandard. You only have to look at Patriot games to see the difference. The players there know how to make adjustments and are coached very well in regards to specific situations.

Wannstedt has had some unfortunate things happen this year but that does not absolve him of anything. If a couple of EVPs in my company leave and the stock does poorly, shareholders will not give the CEO a free pass. One develops a talented TEAM not a bunch of talented first stringers. Just look at Indy in the past. Edgerrin James went down and Rhodes and Mungro stepped in without missing a beat. Wannstedt is a good man but so what?? He was paid to win football games not be a model citizen.

werd

Guest tres-b

They also had Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison. And as I have said Dave isnt the best, but that team needs a QB and RB. The guy needs to go, but lets be honest and say that the fish arent equipped to win right now---no matter who is the coach.

Guest JMT

The guy needs to go, but lets be honest and say that the fish arent equipped to win right now---no matter who is the coach.

thats totally true. we arent expecting to go 8-8 now. no interim coach has every done anything remarkable in the history of the sport, thats why i didnt really care if they kept wanny until the end of the season. but i guess Wayne wanted to show the fans change was coming, and gave Wanny the dignity of resigning.

Guest trancelator

They also had Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison.

True but you missed my point on the Indy RBs. They had quality backups. Rhodes had a 1,000 yd season when James went down. The Fins can't even get a 100 yd rusher in a game.

I say get either Hasselbeck, Brees, Warner or Kitna as well as Edgerrin James and use the draft picks to build up that o-line.

Guest tres-b

True but you missed my point on the Indy RBs. They had quality backups. Rhodes had a 1,000 yd season when James went down. The Fins can't even get a 100 yd rusher in a game.

I say get either Hasselbeck, Brees, Warner or Kitna as well as Edgerrin James and use the draft picks to build up that o-line.

I got the point but Wanny isnt GM-the person responsible for stocking the team with talent.

Brees would be a great pick up if the Chargers let him go. Personally, I dont think Phillip Rivers has the arm to make it in the NFL and the Chargers are better off w/ Brees. Getting Edge would be huge. He isnt the burner he used to be but still a top 10 RB. Kitna would be ok but Warner is starting to look like the Warner of old. Dont be shocked to see Eli in the next few weeks. ESPN reported that last night.

Guest trancelator

I got the point but Wanny isnt GM-the person responsible for stocking the team with talent.

Not this year but he was in years past. He is the one who decided to take Jamar Fletcher over Drew Brees in the draft. He also vetoed Spielman's decision to take Anquan Boldin and took Eddie Moore instead in the 2003 draft. He was the one who let Ruben Droughns go from the practice squad a few years ago. Wannstedt has really let the team go to hell. Bottom line: 1-8.

Guest JMT

until this year Wanny was in charge of personel, no?

i would take a chance on Rivers, i think he might turn out solid. he sees the field great and has the size of a pro. but i prefer a seasoned qb for the fins right now.

the o line is still the biggest problem they have.

Guest tres-b

Not this year but he was in years past. He is the one who decided to take Jamar Fletcher over Drew Brees in the draft. He also vetoed Spielman's decision to take Anquan Boldin and took Eddie Moore instead in the 2003 draft. He was the one who let Ruben Droughns go from the practice squad a few years ago. Wannstedt has really let the team go to hell. Bottom line: 1-8.

Agreed. Again, I dont think Wanny is the right guy for the job so you are preaching to the choir here.

Guest JMT

im not a Wanny hater like the idiots who call into the radio shows. as was said earlier, he is a decent guy. its not like he isnt trying. he is a quality D coordinator, but not a head coach. thats the way it is for some guys in the league.

Guest tres-b

im not a Wanny hater like the idiots who call into the radio shows. as was said earlier, he is a decent guy. its not like he isnt trying. he is a quality D coordinator, but not a head coach. thats the way it is for some guys in the league.

Kinda like the old Zooker. He was a real nice guy and worked his ass off. Unfortunately for the Zooker, coaches are measured by the games they win and not the hours they work.

I do think Wanny has a future as a D coordinator. How about Kansas City? or maybe Indy? Tony Dungy looks more and more like an decent coordinator who had SPECTACULAR talent in Tampa.