Palm Beach Lunchies!!!!

CrzyC1414779017

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JMT

MOLLY'S PILGRIM:

Based upon Barbara Cohen's book of the same title, this film won the 1985 Academy Award for Best Short Film, which was largely due to the supporting performance of Marcus Reboa. Molly, played by Sophia Eliazova, is a nine-year-old Russian Jewish girl who has recently emigrated to America, and whose classmates poke fun at her. An assignment to make a puppet based on the first Thanksgiving gives Molly a chance to prove her knowledge of American customs. But Molly doesn't finish the puppet before bedtime and her mother completes it for her. Molly is surprised to see it looks like a Russian woman, but comes to understand that Russian Jews, like the Pilgrims, have come to America for religious freedom. And, she learns that it takes all kinds of Pilgrims to make a Thanksgiving. It is a touching story for all time and for all people who crave freedom above all else. And don't forget to look for Reboa's show-stealing performance as he is soon to be one of Hollywood's rising young stars.

Guest ic143

MOLLY'S PILGRIM:

Based upon Barbara Cohen's book of the same title, this film won the 1985 Academy Award for Best Short Film, which was largely due to the supporting performance of Marcus Reboa. Molly, played by Sophia Eliazova, is a nine-year-old Russian Jewish girl who has recently emigrated to America, and whose classmates poke fun at her. An assignment to make a puppet based on the first Thanksgiving gives Molly a chance to prove her knowledge of American customs. But Molly doesn't finish the puppet before bedtime and her mother completes it for her. Molly is surprised to see it looks like a Russian woman, but comes to understand that Russian Jews, like the Pilgrims, have come to America for religious freedom. And, she learns that it takes all kinds of Pilgrims to make a Thanksgiving. It is a touching story for all time and for all people who crave freedom above all else. And don't forget to look for Reboa's show-stealing performance as he is soon to be one of Hollywood's rising young stars.

OMG, that is too funny!!! ;D

Guest trancelator

And don't forget to look for Reboa's show-stealing performance as he is soon to be one of Hollywood's rising young stars.

DJ and actor! Jesus Christ... what a fucking combo. THAT explains all the posing in the dj booth. I can't wait 'til Marcus goes back to Hollywood, busts through the door of his agent and screams, "I'm back, bitch! When's my next role?!"

Guest JMT

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

;D

word is there is a copy of Molly's Pilgrim for sale on ebay. i think the video is out of production. Marcus's legacy must be preserved.

FROM AMAZON.COM:

All Customer Reviews

Average Customer Review:

Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.

Molly' s Pilgrim, November 24, 2000

Reviewer: Carol Hays (Blountsville, AL USA) - See all my reviews

I borrowed "Molly's Pilgrim" from a co-worker to share with 4th-6th graders in my counseling classes at school. It was just before Thanksgiving. They were told to watch for rude comments, intolerance, and prejudice. We had a very good discussion after the video. The message I hoped to get across to the students was well received because of the video. I want a copy for myself!!!!! Please get it back in print.

Inclusion Aid, January 15, 2000

Reviewer: Donna Taylor (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews

I showed this video to a class of kindergarten children who had in their midst a child who had recently come with her family from Bulgaria. She had trouble with English and with much of the culture, just as Molly does in the video. These children, who do not have a notably long attetion span, were spellbound for the 23 + minutes of the video, and asked to watch it again. I used it in conjunction with other material about immigration and the American melting pot. I got it from a library, but I wish I could purchase it to use every year!

A Gem The Should Be Back In Print, November 24, 1999

Reviewer: A viewer (Oceanside, CA USA)

This film is based on the wonderful book by Barbara Cohen. I was hoping to buy additional copies as gifts for fellow teachers-- What a shame it is no longer available! The story of a girl who struggles for acceptance in a new culture, Molly's Pilgrim resonates with young people. It never fails to stimulate lively discussions.

Tesching children about Friendship, November 23, 1999

Reviewer: A viewer

This is a wonderful video which explains the concept of pilgrims, people entering a new country.Sharing all the many new changes they may encounter. An excellent way to introduce children about friendship and the way that they may not treat new children in their class. A great movie for children to see.

Guest LaLeeBeaN

The 58th Academy Awards - 1985

The fifty-eighth Academy Awards ceremony was held on Monday, March 24, 1986 at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion of the Los Angeles Music Center. The hosts for the evening were Jane Fonda, Robin Williams, and Alan Alda.

Picture Out of Africa

Actor William Hurt (Kiss of the Spider Woman)

Actress Geraldine Page (The Trip to Bountiful)

Supporting Actor Don Ameche (Cocoon)

Supporting Actress Anjelica Huston (Prizzi's Honor)

Director Sydney Pollack (Out of Africa)

Adapted Screenplay Kurt Luedtke (Out of Africa)

Original Screenplay William Kelley, Pamela Wallace, and Earl W. Wallace (Witness)

Song "Say You, Say Me" (White Nights)

Original Score Out of Africa

Cinematography Out of Africa

Costume Design Ran

Art / Set Decoration Out of Africa

Film Editing Witness

Foreign Language Film The Official Story (Argentina)

Sound Out of Africa

Sound Effects Back to the Future

Makeup Mask

Visual Effects Cocoon

Short Films Anna & Bella (Animated)

Molly's Pilgrim (Live Action)

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude I'm still waiting for my Oscar! LOL I told you that already I thought you remembered lol.

what does agent say? when you recieve it ?? ??? ;D

???

That's it I will find a copy and we will watch it after Delux.

;D I so do not want to miss that!

Guest trancelator

Ooops, that was the SOUNTRACK...LMAOOOOO!!!!

Marcus, no wonder you've been using Ableton so much lately. You've been plotting to re-mix the Molly's Pilgrim soundtrack! You sneaky bitch!

when the heck are they going to release it on DVD??

Marcus, did you know they even made a sequel to it called "Make a Wish, Molly?" i cant believe you never told us about this. did they ask you to be in it?

http://home.earthlink.net/~brschwartz/molly.htm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110444/

No I didn't know. I hope you guys are having fun ;D