Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SASHA Announces "Fundacion" Residency @ Crobar NYC

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

From 1996 until 2001, DJs SASHA and John Digweed played a monthly residency at the legendary Manhattan nightclub Twilo which gave birth to a unique, unparalleled movement in dance music culture. This winter, the magic returns to clubdom as SASHA will take to the decks at New York City’s most progressive, exciting, entertaining, creative and techno-savy nightclub crobar for his brand new party, FUNDACION. Beginning with the announcement party on Friday, December 3 and every first Friday of the month thereafter--January 7 (opening party), February 4, March 4, April 1, May 6 and June 3 (closing party)--SASHA will bring himself, his music and his strong global fan base from around the world to dance to his hypnotic, high-energy sets on the 3000-plus capacity superclub capacity dance floor.

Not only will SASHA’s residency reacquaint the New York club audience with his music, FUNDACION--which means foundation in Spanish--will serve as the introduction of an entirely new DJ technology. SASHA will play his trademark power-packed, emotional sets on a new custom-made controller created specifically for his Ableton Live set-up. Creating a live 100% digital experience, Sasha will be leaving turntables behind.

Guest jbit

SASHA will play his trademark power-packed, emotional sets on a new custom-made controller created specifically for his Ableton Live set-up. Creating a live 100% digital experience, Sasha will be leaving turntables behind.

interesting

Guest trancelator

I would def like to make it there for one of those dates. That is awesome. ;D

we should plan a trip.

The last Sasha night was classic! We need to have an NYC version of that night. That would be "tits"! ;D

Guest web_norah

Norah are you going to any of these nights for you can tell us of his Epic sets you tend to love so much.. ;D

nah, there are nights i'll be skipping. i am tired of tired epic sets, esp cos you never hear DARUDE anymore :P

we should plan a trip.

The last Sasha night was classic! We need to have an NYC version of that night. That would be "tits"! ;D

you're funny- I havent heard anyone say "tits" in this context in years. :P

Guest JMT

we should plan a trip.

a few of us saw sasha last time he was at crobar down here. after the show, we ate some pizza on the street and were loitering around for what seemed like 30 minutes but in reality was more like well over an hour, when all of the sudden sasha comes walking out of the club with his people, so we stop him to ask for a pic using ddg's camera phone. we got some crackhead to snap it, and as we are all looking to see how it turned out, ddg says, "that pic is tits!" sasha paused a moment, then repeated that to himself and laughed.

we should plan a trip.

a few of us saw sasha last time he was at crobar down here. after the show, we ate some pizza on the street and were loitering around for what seemed like 30 minutes but in reality was more like well over an hour, when all of the sudden sasha comes walking out of the club with his people, so we stop him to ask for a pic using ddg's camera phone. we got some crackhead to snap it, and as we are all looking to see how it turned out, ddg says, "that pic is tits!" sasha paused a moment, then repeated that to himself and laughed.

that is hysterical; from now on we are saying tits when something is amazing. :P

Guest ddg

we should plan a trip.

that is hysterical; from now on we are saying tits when something is amazing. :P

tits for breakfast!!!! :P

Guest trancelator

we should plan a trip.

tits for breakfast!!!! :P

LMAO!!!!! Hilarious, Diego!

Guest web_norah

from my trusted friend and music junkie Maria. this is the same experience i had when i went to Sasha over summer at Crobar NYC. epic is ova, that shit was 1999. he is still going to milk the rest of the cattle at 40 bucks a pop for three/ four hrs.....

i dont think i have ever seen a more uglier crowd in my life with no friggin viibe..............

the music was ok very predictable & mechanical............. i miss the warmth of vinyl..................

but because if the company i was in it was deff fun................ i like my privet dancing space behind the barricade. Yes no one touching me while im dancing..............

Guest web_norah

hey so was Crobar a sweatbox or what? spill the beans! what did you think of the epic set overall? how was the entry? i wanna know! details details. por favor. ;D

Guest durrtylexx

hey so was Crobar a sweatbox or what? spill the beans! what did you think of the epic set overall? how was the entry? i wanna know! details details. por favor. ;D

Crobar NYC is nicer than Crobar Miami..I like the lounge downstairs and the VIP area..The opener was fantastic, I believe it was Jimmy Van M, he spun a solid prog house set..Sasha started off hard and then he lost me, this is a reason why I can't listen to prog trance anymore, it has no soul.It was long and boring, it didn't change much..He would bring it up and people would jump up and down and then back down..The Joey Buttafuoco's and the Fran Dresher were funny to look at as they were either, coked up, playing with glow sticks, or rolling balls..I saw a couple of fights and found the night quite interesting..I got there at 1:00am and left at 4:00am, I couldn't take it anymore.I liked the small bars in the area.My buddy took me to Trust and to Lotus also.Lotus is a nice club and the women were beautiful.The music in Lotus was decent, but my expectations weren't that high. Sucks I had to check out Sasha, David Moralles will be spinning this Saturday.. :P Anyways I love NYC, every time I go there I fall in love with it more and more.

Guest web_norah

good review dude

yeah, the guidos and guidettes are always a form of entertainment, but unfortunately, i avoid their scene like the plague.

Lotus is a nice place too. their GBH Fridays are pretty decent, they're sorta like the Opium clubs here. too bad their dancefloor is small.

Guest durrtylexx

good review dude

yeah, the guidos and guidettes are always a form of entertainment, but unfortunately, i avoid their scene like the plague.

Lotus is a nice place too. their GBH Fridays are pretty decent, they're sorta like the Opium clubs here. too bad their dancefloor is small.

The Dancefloor in Lotus is tiny, not small..The Hip Hop room downstairs was cool.I went Saturday night, not Friday night..The club did remind me of a South Beach type of club..Crobar NYC reminded me of Space..