Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Earliest dance music memories?

Guest Dizmus

Guest rollyp66

ZEN FEST

which one??

the last one was the shit with rabbit and keveens

you're talking about the one befroe they did the Miami Zenfest because they didn't play there after

Guest soozin

the one in zepherhills in 98 with rabbit, keveens, bassbin twins

yup thats the one lol

off the chain

haha I was at that.. freakin mud pit but a great time...

I remember 1st gettin into EDM inthe early 90's listening to live broadcasts fromclubs on the radio.. then getting into the scene here in the late 90s when i could go out.. beat camp anyone? studio 183, club kay's, etc.. went to parties all over fla til i turned 18 and then started hitting clubs too.. first recording i had that really started me off was a taped copy of chem bros exit planet dust..

started w/ "brazilian funk" they call it "funky" a mixed of freestyle, old school beats, dance/techno...that was back in the early 90s...was very into trance in the mid 90s...those were the days...than started getting into alot of bbb and dj irene and that was it....saw bbb @ Nations/Buzz in DC back in 98-99? i believe....that was bad ass

Guest trippcocktail

played piano all my life (my late father use to play Carnegie) very first songs were more industrial based KMFDM's "Godlike", Depehe Mode remixes, worked as a light guy with one of Manhattan's top DJ's in the 80's (I was 16) the only DJ I saw mix Frankie Goes To Hollywood's "Relax" with Madonna's Vouge..."Don't just stand there..when you want to come" . Found Ministry of Sound around '96 while living at a loft in Union Square with a room mate who had a 30K trust fund a month at 25 and his whole life consisted of X/blow/MacDonalds delivery to the loft. Loved the music just hated the fat bastard.

Guest james stratus

Frankie Bones @ a rave in Brooklyn 1995. I was hooked ever since. He outro was a song that kept saying "The music gets faster" by a female voice. Naturally the beat kept getting faster. Well, it got so fast it was just like grabbing a record and spining it as fast as you can and then a big bassline(Boom!), all the lights went out , it got quiet, and then a voice, "FRANKIE BONES FROM THE BROOKLYN UNDERGROUND!"

:o It was great.

Would that happen to have been Fantasia 1 ? At the Brooklyn Armory?

Guest james stratus

Hmm.. As far as DJs go it was rap! First it was Park Jams, and then house parties where I grew up in NY in the mid to late 80's. But as far as Dance music goes the very first memory I have is "This is Acid" on the old Hot 97 back in 87' (I was 10 :)). Then skip ahead to the early 90's when I moved down here, and I heard the original "Underground Show" on WVUM with the original host, Duncan. No going back from there. What finally solidified my love of Dance music in the modern age was hearing a Nigel Richards Mix tape and "Platipus Vol1" back in 96.

Would that happen to have been Fantasia 1 ? At the Brooklyn Armory?

I don't believe it was that. I think I went to the that party. This one was Digital Something not sure...there was a part 1 and a part 2. I remembered "April Fools" in 96 the party was in like at school or something and that was dope...

I also then ventured to BBB and have been hooked ever since.

I was a kid who always had mixed tapes of breaks and stuff back in the mid 80's, of White Lines, RUN DMC, etc. Then it progressed when I was ealry teenager I used to go to a teen club every Summer and dance my ass off. It was the typical pop/ rap stuff with other songs thrown im, but the 2 songs that stick out to and I still love to this day are Depecge Mode- Personal Jesus, and Midnight Oil - Beds burning, industrial type EDM, then i progressed to Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, and then late HS and early college used to go to Clubs in Detroit the State theater, and other warehouses. The one good club in my college town was really into breaks.

Guest probable

2 word's!!!!!!!!! THE EDGE

I frequented that place every weekend, the RA festival's,seeing Keoke overdose in the dj booth lol, Mike E,Stryke,Merlin,Josh Wink,Chemical Brother's(Song to the siren), RUFF DRIVER'S feat Arrola-dreaming, those were the day's, all love no bullshit, I even remembering seeing PVD there....................................

Guest lil_liz

I remember listening to Bad Boy Bill when he first started on Chicago radio station. I also bought techno tapes way back in freshman year in HS. The tracks such as James Brown is dead, who is elvis, Sesame Street, Speed Racer....all classics.

My first true superstar dj event had to be WMC 3 years ago. SInce then I got so into the djs and technicality of it all.