Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Eyes Wide Shut...

Guest fairyDust

Guest fairyDust

...I sat through 2hr 45min in class for this!... What a slow, dreadful, looong pointless film....I DO NOT recommend this to anybody.

i saw it, thought it was ok. it was a shame that kubrick died halfway through, whoever carried the film on tried to envision what kubrick wanted, and he probably spun in his grave on opening day of the movie.

i'm a huge stanley kubrick fan, and you can kinda get a feel for what he wanted in the movie, but it never got there cause he kicked the bucket.

and who doesn't love an orgy scene???

Guest fairyDust

Didn't Stanley Kubrick work on this film for almost 12 years before it came out? I think that was more than enough time.....I did like the art direction in this film though.

Guest fairyDust

This movie was horrible...they play it sometimes on HBO and I cannot see it for one minue...yet alone for 2 hours.

Finally! we agree.. :D...lol

Guest r3nz0

Didn't Stanley Kubrick work on this film for almost 12 years before it came out? I think that was more than enough time.....I did like the art direction in this film though.

Nah.

It was his first film in 12 years.

Guest JMT

Nah.

It was his first film in 12 years.

i had to read that a few times to make sure i wasnt missing the punchline or something... lol

Guest r3nz0
i had to read that a few times to make sure i wasnt missing the punchline or something... lol

LOL...I guess my reputation precedes me, John. ;)

Guest LdySphynx

Did anyone else but me see the true meaning behind this film???

Well first of all YES it is boring, but its the point being made thats interesting and sadly very true in a lot of marriages today.

Mind you both of them were very conservative never really expressed what sexual fantasies each of them had and were scared too, fearing that they would not be accepted by one another!!!

So Nicole Kidman after smoking a big joint, decides to share a sexual fantasy she onces had with a sailor she saw while on vacation where in the fantasy she joins in on an orgy. Cruise after hearing this is like WTF......I did not know my wife felt this way let alone had these sexual feelings (like a lot of husbands feel) well that just killed him.

Well final point is this, alot of married couples live together for years without knowing just how freaky thier partner really is....due to the fact that they are afraid of what may come of it if they do let their true person come out & play.

BIG MISTAKE, the majority of couples that live like that are always cheating on each other.....not knowing that they could probably be enjoying it with their partner.

And what is the final destination of these couples DIVORCE!!!!

So yeah the movie is very boring, but when you look at the true meaning behind it its very true that most people really do live their lives Eyes Wide Shut!!!!

Dam I should be a movie critic, lol!!!! :P

Guest LeVeL

Did anyone else but me see the true meaning behind this film???

Well first of all YES it is boring, but its the point being made thats interesting and sadly very true in a lot of marriages today.

Mind you both of them were very conservative never really expressed what sexual fantasies each of them had and were scared too, fearing that they would not be accepted by one another!!!

So Nicole Kidman after smoking a big joint, decides to share a sexual fantasy she onces had with a sailor she saw while on vacation where in the fantasy she joins in on an orgy. Cruise after hearing this is like WTF......I did not know my wife felt this way let alone had these sexual feelings (like a lot of husbands feel) well that just killed him.

Well final point is this, alot of married couples live together for years without knowing just how freaky thier partner really is....due to the fact that they are afraid of what may come of it if they do let their true person come out & play.

BIG MISTAKE, the majority of couples that live like that are always cheating on each other.....not knowing that they could probably be enjoying it with their partner.

And what is the final destination of these couples DIVORCE!!!!

So yeah the movie is very boring, but when you look at the true meaning behind it its very true that most people really do live their lives Eyes Wide Shut!!!!

Dam I should be a movie critic, lol!!!! :P

Good point Ldy...I agree with everything you said about the married couples theory. To tell you the truth..I for one have fantasies but am afraid to express them due to it might scare or even freaks a person out. But once its out of the bag forget it....your a successful couple for the time being.

but sometimes you have to hold back until you know its right... ;D

Guest Cosmigonon

...I sat through 2hr 45min in class for this!... What a slow, dreadful, looong pointless film....I DO NOT recommend this to anybody.

I guess you like you're hollywood crap well done, right. This movies was incredible, of course, it has a totally different pace than your average movie, but that's the whole point. I get bored if I see 10 car chases, 15 shootings, and 20 explosions, but hey, that's just me... ::)

Guest fairyDust

I guess you like you're hollywood crap well done, right. This movies was incredible, of course, it has a totally different pace than your average movie, but that's the whole point. I get bored if I see 10 car chases, 15 shootings, and 20 explosions, but hey, that's just me... ::)

You guessed wrong, I don't like "crap well done" whether it's hollywood or not....you thought this movie was incredible? hey good for you! It's Ok to disagree, different strokes for different folks.

and btw...I'd watch LOTR any day over this movie!

Guest Cosmigonon

You guessed wrong, I don't like "crap well done" whether it's hollywood or not....you thought this movie was incredible? hey good for you! It's Ok to disagree, different strokes for different folks.

and btw...I'd watch LOTR any day over this movie!

I rest my case... ;)

Guest swirlundergrounder

I thought it was really creepy!!!! I ahte those masks that evreyone was wearing. Almost as bad as I hate clowns..... :-X

Guest r3nz0

I thought it was really creepy!!!! I ahte those masks that evreyone was wearing. Almost as bad as I hate clowns..... :-X

What the hell did you just say about me?

KILLERK.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest durrtylexx

Pennywise Rocked he scarred the crap out of me..

imagewiz26697.jpg

Although the movie sucked, John Leguizamo was Hilarious as

the Clown/Violator in Spawn the movie..

cast_leguizamo_photo_01_sm.jpg