Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dj headphones help HDJ-1000

Guest sanmartindj

Guest sanmartindj

Hi guys, I just bough the hdj-1000 headphones from pioneer and they are awesome!! They sound, look and feel great. But I have heard that some people have had some problems with them, and I just wanted to know if you guys have heard about them having problems and if you would recommend these headphones. thanxs

Guest AlanS

I've heard at least 5 different accounts of them breaking down in the same fashion, the sound in one ear just cuts out. If it wasn't for that I'd buy a pair myself.

Guest lyrik

Mine broke 2 months after I bought them...same place as the sonys and I don't even cup them on my shoulder like a lot of DJs do...sound is good though...but structurally they are wack...I'm just going back to the simple sonys lower end model they never break and sound just as good as anything else.

Guest sanmartindj

I already bought the hdj1000's so I guess I'll have to pray that I'm one of the lucky ones >:( I love them but this quality issue REALLY bothers me. Any tips on how I should care for them??

Guest demo909

I've heard at least 5 different accounts of them breaking down in the same fashion, the sound in one ear just cuts out. If it wasn't for that I'd buy a pair myself.

Mine actually crapped out in one ear this past weekend. They lasted about a year before that happened.

Guest pod

I'm specifically loyal to Sony's line of 7500 series headphones, from the industry standard 7506 to the latest 7509s. V700s and V900s my ass. Those Pioneers look like they'd fall apart if I sneezed on them. So do the Technics, but I've seen Oscar with the same pair for awhile now so maybe they hold up.

MDR-7509

Reliable as all hell, these are made for touring sound engineers.

A friend of mine has had a pair of 7509s that have gone to hell and back with him for over five years now. I'd like to see any "DJ-class" headphones stand up to that kind of abuse. Sure, the 7509s cost around $180 or so, but the premium is worth it. Sound quality is what you're looking for, with battlefield reliability.

Case in point, when you're dealing with audio anything, you have to look at what the current major national tours are using if you want true reliability.

I've used 7509s before and it is like strapping a pair of 18" subs to your head as far as low-end response. Mixer dependent of course. Shit in, shit out after all.

Guest demo909

The only problem with sony's is that they all snap in the same place....the ear joint and they tend to break very easy (i went through 6 pairs in one year) Their sound quality is great but the durability kinda sucks

Guest pod

I'd say the 7509s are more durable than most. Sure they have that weak point, but they're built to a higher grade than the V-series.

Guest Seb

The only problem with sony's is that they all snap in the same place....the ear joint and they tend to break very easy (i went through 6 pairs in one year) Their sound quality is great but the durability kinda sucks

Agreed this happend with mine as well. The technics pair I have have a swivel peice which prevents this. Also has a detachable cord, you can't beat em right now. ;)

Guest funk shui

The housing on the pioneers SUCK!! I've gone through 2 pairs and they would'nt honor the warranty on the second ones because I had to use electical tape to hold them together for a set. The dynamic range is awesome, but I'm switching to the shure E3 earphones, same great sound, no weight on your head, and you can leave them in for hours, no taking them off during a set cause your neck is strained. Peaz