Clubplanet Nightlife Community

apocalypse now

ryan2772

Guest saintjohn

a classic. i prefer the original version to the extended "director's cut," however.

everyone gets everything he wants. i wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

terminate with extreme prejudice.

why do all you guys sit on your helmets?

charlie don't surf.

i love the smell of napalm in the morning.

never get out of the boat.

fuck, man, this is better than disneyland.

fucking vietnam mission. i'm short and we gotta go up there so you can kill one of our own guys?

hey, man, you don't talk to the colonel. you listen to him.

are my methods unsound?

i don't see any method at all, sir.

you're an errand boy sent by grocery clerks to collect a bill.

the horror. the horror.

yeah, i've watched it more than once.

i found it very relavent to compare the situation in vietnam to the current situation in iraq. i think oliver stone did a great job in portraying the psuedo-insanity (and sometimes outright insanity) that comes with being a soldier in a chaotic war.

and the cinematography just blows my mind again and again. every shot is perfectly filmed...and i agree, the original is better than the "directors cut". but the original is always better, anyway.

Guest JMT

i havent seen it in years. i will admit i didnt get the point at the time, i even watched Hearts of Darkness in film class.

ill give it another go one of these days....

Guest swirlundergrounder

came on tv the other night, goddamn what a great movie

Yeah I've never seen it either. It's hella long. Everytime I see it on TV I only catch a small part of it..So I've seen it in pieces over the course of the last year. So you know what I did? I just bought the DVD on Ebay and got it last night. I bought the 'Redux' version with an additional 49 minutes of footage...I haven't watched it yet though..I'm still trying to knock out 3 seasons of Alias b4 the 4th season begins in a few weeks....