4. Fred Everything feat. DJ Heather - "That Thing"

5.To-Ka Project - "Revolution"

6. Da Sunlounge 'SQ.l' "Body muzik"

7. Miguel Migs (City Sounds 2 Vancouver) - "Pressure [Old School Mix]

8. Mark Farina & Kaskade - "To Do" [Derrick Carter Mix]

9. High Spies & D'Layna - "Better Days" [Alex Romano Remix]

10. Switch - "Get on Downz"

11. Intergalactic Funk - "Board From Mars"

I received this promo from Mirza a few days ago and I simply loved it and I thought I’d share it with all of you. If you’ve never heard him spin before, here’s your chance to get a glimpse of his broad-based and at the same time eclectic style. So here goes… ;D

What better way to start the funky business than with a Nancy Sinatra vocal? A bleepy instrumental underlies her sweet voice on Radio Slave’s ‘Bang Bang.’ Coming into ‘Be My Chicago’, there’s a nice clean break early on with a female voice taking care of the “Be My†and an electrified male voice completing the phrase with “Chicago.†The track has a solid bassline throughout. To me it shows that Mirza didn’t waste any time, preferring instead to drop some strong material early on.

Flawlessly heading into Martin Venetjoki’s ‘Love Shit’, we can easily discern electro influences: “All that talkin’ ain’t meant for shit; you gotta quit that love shit!†Slowly we transcend into slightly funkier territory with Fred Everything’s ‘That Thing’ (“The rhythm, the shake; the love we make…â€). As of late, anything this dj/producer touches, turns to gold!!! And a collaboration with the highly acclaimed DJ Heather can only yield another house gem with an obvious hint of that Chicago groovy swankiness! To-Ka Project’s ‘Revolution’ comes in after a very minor beat mismatch that is quickly mended and the squelchiness sets in! Reaching a bit more into techy deep, it’s the track you want to be grooving to at 6am! 8)

An all too familiar Jungle Brothers’ ‘House Your Body’ sample was chosen by the fraternal production duo of Solo & Logan (Simon and Martin Newby) for Sunlounge’s ‘Body Music’ but it works, even over a much, much bleepier instrumental than the original. Here, the set takes a turn toward the innate funkiness of west coast bliss! And if there’s one man who always delivers in spades, it’s Miguel Migs!!! This track is definitely a chugger that can do some damage on the dancefloor! A light sax sample comes in on the Derrick Carter remix of Farina & Kaskade’s ‘To Do.’ This is a track by another artist collaboration that can do no wrong, in my opinion, and luckily, Mirza let it play out in all its glory!

Next up, a filter-disco (nu-disco, whatever you want to call it) record confirms my previous statement that Mirza does not stick to just one subgenre of house. Of all his selections, this is the one track (High Spies & D’Layna - ‘Better Days’) that holds the greatest “big room†appeal. A slow but very proficient fade carries us into Switch’s ‘Get on Downz’. The element of this track that stands out is the inconspicuous bells but at one point, there’s a break and then nearly complete silence (at ~ 51:03). Maybe this is the one track that I wasn’t really feeling in the mix. Other than the bells, I can’t feel it going anywhere. So this would be the one track I would have left out.

The last stop on this musical journey through the vast spectrum of house is Intergalactic Funk’s ‘Board from Mars’ and it’s a tight way to end the mix! An echoed sample of Mr. Fingers’ (Larry Heard) ‘Can You Feel It?’ (“In the beginning there was Jack…â€). I really like how the set ended with “and this is my house!†tanzen_008.gif

I am very lucky to have had the chance to listen to this mix. Mirza’s transitions are smooth and nearly flawless. Track selection is definitely top notch. I think this set is perfect to listen to when getting ready to go out and definitely also in the car! Spanning funky west coast house, the grooviness of Chicago, filter-disco and electro/tech, it’s going to be very difficult to get bored of this set!!! Mirza has done a wonderful job. demut_002.gifdemut_002.gifdemut_002.gif

Guest Seb

Wow, so when are you going to hook me up with this promo Markus? Quite an extensive review man, did Markus bribe you for this? j/k ;D Good job Mirza and good review :)

Wow, so when are you going to hook me up with this promo Markus? Quite an extensive review man, did Markus bribe you for this? j/k ;D Good job Mirza and good review :)

I couldn't get the link to work. :(

Guest AlanS

You can download this set by clicking here ;D

Guest Seb

What link? ???

Guest AlanS

What link? ???

This link ;)

Guest Seb

What link? ???

This link ;)

I think I've already heard it but I'm not sure, check it out when I get home. :)

What link? ???

This link ;)

I think I've already heard it but I'm not sure, check it out when I get home. :)

Yes you have. One of the two I sent to you.

Tracklist

1. Radio Slave feat Nancy Sinatra - "Bang Bang"

2. Subjekt - "Be my Chicago" [Gerald's 4 lux remix]

3. Martin Venetjoki - "Love Shit"

4. Fred Everything feat. DJ Heather - "That Thing"

5.To-Ka Project - "Revolution"

6. Da Sunlounge 'SQ.l' "Body muzik"

7. Miguel Migs (City Sounds 2 Vancouver) - "Pressure [Old School Mix]

8. Mark Farina & Kaskade - "To Do" [Derrick Carter Mix]

9. High Spies & D'Layna - "Better Days" [Alex Romano Remix]

10. Switch - "Get on Downz"

11. Intergalactic Funk - "Board From Mars"

I received this promo from Mirza a few days ago and I simply loved it and I thought I’d share it with all of you. If you’ve never heard him spin before, here’s your chance to get a glimpse of his broad-based and at the same time eclectic style. So here goes… ;D

What better way to start the funky business than with a Nancy Sinatra vocal? A bleepy instrumental underlies her sweet voice on Radio Slave’s ‘Bang Bang.’ Coming into ‘Be My Chicago’, there’s a nice clean break early on with a female voice taking care of the “Be My†and an electrified male voice completing the phrase with “Chicago.†The track has a solid bassline throughout. To me it shows that Mirza didn’t waste any time, preferring instead to drop some strong material early on.

Flawlessly heading into Martin Venetjoki’s ‘Love Shit’, we can easily discern electro influences: “All that talkin’ ain’t meant for shit; you gotta quit that love shit!†Slowly we transcend into slightly funkier territory with Fred Everything’s ‘That Thing’ (“The rhythm, the shake; the love we make…â€). As of late, anything this dj/producer touches, turns to gold!!! And a collaboration with the highly acclaimed DJ Heather can only yield another house gem with an obvious hint of that Chicago groovy swankiness! To-Ka Project’s ‘Revolution’ comes in after a very minor beat mismatch that is quickly mended and the squelchiness sets in! Reaching a bit more into techy deep, it’s the track you want to be grooving to at 6am! 8)

An all too familiar Jungle Brothers’ ‘House Your Body’ sample was chosen by the fraternal production duo of Solo & Logan (Simon and Martin Newby) for Sunlounge’s ‘Body Music’ but it works, even over a much, much bleepier instrumental than the original. Here, the set takes a turn toward the innate funkiness of west coast bliss! And if there’s one man who always delivers in spades, it’s Miguel Migs!!! This track is definitely a chugger that can do some damage on the dancefloor! A light sax sample comes in on the Derrick Carter remix of Farina & Kaskade’s ‘To Do.’ This is a track by another artist collaboration that can do no wrong, in my opinion, and luckily, Mirza let it play out in all its glory!

Next up, a filter-disco (nu-disco, whatever you want to call it) record confirms my previous statement that Mirza does not stick to just one subgenre of house. Of all his selections, this is the one track (High Spies & D’Layna - ‘Better Days’) that holds the greatest “big room†appeal. A slow but very proficient fade carries us into Switch’s ‘Get on Downz’. The element of this track that stands out is the inconspicuous bells but at one point, there’s a break and then nearly complete silence (at ~ 51:03). Maybe this is the one track that I wasn’t really feeling in the mix. Other than the bells, I can’t feel it going anywhere. So this would be the one track I would have left out.

The last stop on this musical journey through the vast spectrum of house is Intergalactic Funk’s ‘Board from Mars’ and it’s a tight way to end the mix! An echoed sample of Mr. Fingers’ (Larry Heard) ‘Can You Feel It?’ (“In the beginning there was Jack…â€). I really like how the set ended with “and this is my house!†tanzen_008.gif

I am very lucky to have had the chance to listen to this mix. Mirza’s transitions are smooth and nearly flawless. Track selection is definitely top notch. I think this set is perfect to listen to when getting ready to go out and definitely also in the car! Spanning funky west coast house, the grooviness of Chicago, filter-disco and electro/tech, it’s going to be very difficult to get bored of this set!!! Mirza has done a wonderful job. demut_002.gifdemut_002.gifdemut_002.gif

I am speechless! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!!!!! ;D

8)

Guest LaLeeBeaN

Yeah I am still waiting on my CD's, I don't want links damnit my pc at home is dead and at work I don't listen to music. :'( Or shall I say can't because I am too busy and can't have my clients jamming out with me. ;D