Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Closer

ryan2772

Guest Clauds

Natalie Portman is the standout by far. Her Alice is flirty and sweet, caustic and manipulative, evasive and yet very open, sexual and gloomy ALL in one character. She has the best chemistry with the men - whether it be purely sensual with ___ or innocence and affection with ___ Their scenes are ones to look forward to.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Clauds

So what was her deal then? Why did she have the Alias?

This is what I found...

Portman admits, "the key to Alice is the conflict inherent in her character. Alice is really alone when she comes to London, so she makes up her entire world, completely creates herself. Yet she also has this childlike side. She's really honest and direct in her feelings, which distinguishes her from the other characters. So though she's lying about her persona, she's the most direct, honest character in the film."

Guest swirlundergrounder

So what was her deal then? Why did she have the Alias?

This is what I found...

Portman admits, "the key to Alice is the conflict inherent in her character. Alice is really alone when she comes to London, so she makes up her entire world, completely creates herself. Yet she also has this childlike side. She's really honest and direct in her feelings, which distinguishes her from the other characters. So though she's lying about her persona, she's the most direct, honest character in the film."

I just realized that maybe she creates her persona while she's in London so that if she gets hurt or heart broken she can re-invent herself when she comes home thus leaving whatever happened in London behind.... That's the impression I got when they showed her walking down the street in NYC at the end....

Guest web_norah

just rented this. what a scam of a movie plot....acting was good by Clive Owen and Julia Roberts but it got retarded very quick...could have been a great film

Guest swirlundergrounder

just rented this. what a scam of a movie plot....acting was good by Clive Owen and Julia Roberts but it got retarded very quick...could have been a great film

I liked it but I still don't know what to think of it...The acting was good except for when Jude Law got whiney at the end in the airport hotel..

Guest web_norah

i think the film had initial great potential and then it just went kaputt at the end....yes, that Jude Law thing was major let down and buzzkill

Guest swirlundergrounder

i think the film had initial great potential and then it just went kaputt at the end....yes, that Jude Law thing was major let down and buzzkill

I agree. It did have good potential and then it ended suddenly.

Guest web_norah

and that whole Natalie Portman stripper thing

if we're going to throw blows Demi Moore and the Showgirls chick both do the part very well in equally terrible film plots.....

the only one there that deserves any sort of acclaim is Clive Owen because he plays the part of the psycho husband/lover very well

Guest swirlundergrounder

and that whole Natalie Portman stripper thing

if we're going to throw blows Demi Moore and the Showgirls chick both do the part very well in equally terrible film plots.....

the only one there that deserves any sort of acclaim is Clive Owen because he plays the part of the psycho husband/lover very well

I liked Clive Owens character.

Guest LeVeL

I saw this movie over the weekend and I liked it a lot. It basically says a lot about the relationships now in days.

Which is you cant trust a woman or a man.

But I like the way the rolls were portrayed a lot especially Clive Owens character...in my opinion when he found out that his wife had sex with another man in his house.

I believe most of the guys out there would of had the same reaction Clive had in that scene....Like Norah would say...Very Epic :P

Now to Natalie Portman and that Stripper scene when shes in the Champagne Room with Clive. Now I dont know about the rest of you guys but I truly believe Natalie portman had a Body double in that scene when she exposed her butt and stuff.

I am telling you I hate watching flicks from Hollywood which try to show skin from a good actress but try to fool the crowd by using a body double.

And also as skinny as Natalie Portman is...I wouldn't give her a dime for a lapdance with that thin body of her..I need some thickness baby ;D

Guest web_norah

yeah Natalie Portman is like a sack of bones....

this movie was just a huge disappointment....had it all at one point in the beginning, with all the twists and turns but in the end, Jude Law is a wuss and Natalie Portman some needy psycho chick.

next.

Guest LeVeL

yeah Natalie Portman is like a sack of bones....

this movie was just a huge disappointment....had it all at one point in the beginning, with all the twists and turns but in the end, Jude Law is a wuss and Natalie Portman some needy psycho chick.

next.

LOL...

and you forgot to add Julia Roberts as the picture taking whore :P

Guest web_norah

Julia wasnt nearly as pathetic as Portman or Jude Law.....

buzz-kill alert.....

i think they tried a sort of Fatal Attraction but f** it up royally.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Julia wasnt nearly as pathetic as Portman or Jude Law.....

buzz-kill alert.....

i think they tried a sort of Fatal Attraction but f** it up royally.

I didn't get the impression that they were going for a fatal attration sort of thing. I think they were going fo a meaningful but with a twisted and humorous swing. They missed out on the meaningful part....

Guest web_norah

i didnt think they were trying to imitate Fatal Attraction verbatim but the "relationship/ affairs gone wrong" element was there.

Guest swirlundergrounder

i didnt think they were trying to imitate Fatal Attraction verbatim but the "relationship/ affairs gone wrong" element was there.

I see.....

Guest The_Man

my fav scene was when the two guys were chattin on the sex chat room lol

You'd never catch me doin' that shit. Pretty gay and disgusting if you ask me. :-X

Guest swirlundergrounder

You'd never catch me doin' that shit. Pretty gay and disgusting if you ask me. :-X

Yeah that was weird....

Guest Clauds

The Dr. did NOT know it was a dude. It's more common than you think. You don't know who the hell is on the 'other side'

Guest The_Man

The Dr. did NOT know it was a dude. It's more common than you think. You don't know who the hell is on the 'other side'

True... but Jude Law knew it was a dude. That's disturbing behavior.