Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SUSHI SAMBA

A few of us went out to eat at Sushi Samba on Lincoln Rd last night. The goal of the evening was good food, karaoke and good times. Well...1 out of 3 isnt what I would call an excellent rating.

Scale of 1-10 (10 Being Superior)

Fun=10 Even the most whacked experiences are made great when you have wonderful people to hang out with, talk to and laugh with. Last night there were plenty of good times to be had.

Karaoke=1 The music was too loud (louder than Space), song selection blew, and the MC must have been smoking crack.

Food=3 Very overpriced, not much flavor. I split an app, a meal and a dessert with someone, and we each had 1 drink. The total bill came to $80. The best part of the meal was the smashed blue potaoes that were a side with the Teriyaki chicken.

Now although I wont be going back I will say this...the staff was GREAT (something rarely seen in SOBE). They were very accomodating in seating a large group and at least tried to have the music turned down (even though it didnt work). It was almost impossible to hear the waitress with all the noise but she got our orders right and the food was served quick.

Now, for those of you that went...did you see the guy getting tasered outside?! I just heard about this, did it happen after I left?!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest web_norah

haha

i went to eat there once and remember paying 40 bucks for my share of food (and still i went home hungry).

for that pricetag, the least you'd expect is good customer service.

i'd go to Grass for that sort of Pan Asian/ Peruvian flare.

Guest durrtylexx

anticucho $25

freaking lomo saltado $35

rediculous I rather go to a Real Peruvian restarant..

The sushi is aight...the setting is nice..the service was so so, the last time I was there.. ;)

Guest durrtylexx

haha

i went to eat there once and remember paying 40 bucks for my share of food (and still i went home hungry).

for that pricetag, the least you'd expect is good customer service.

i'd go to Grass for that sort of Pan Asian/ Peruvian flare.

I still haven't checked out Grass :-\ I've heard good things about it..

Guest macboy

Definitely overpriced, but after all, it is a NY restaurant. Sushi is usually good there, and I've never had a problem with the service. They make very good drinks. I still prefer Sushi Samba on 7th Ave, South in Manhattan (summertime). :)

I'm sure Carisa blew away all the other singers, but since its karaoke, I guess that's not the point.

Guest rollyp66

BTW Carisa after you left...you missed the entire Crobar staff come in from thier holiday party. We had a great time all & all with them. Ralph thanks for the shot, I know I didn't help with the one I got for you! Emi always a pleasure hanging out, and speaking to you.

Guest jbit

I still haven't checked out Grass :-\ I've heard good things about it..

Went there and wont go back. We had a party of 6 and made the mistake of asking for bottled water (which they refill at your cost without asking), so we spent $68 on water. After a $750 check and being there for an 1 hour and a half the waitress ever so casually reminded us that there is a 2 hour max at the tables.

Just another mediocre overpriced wanna be avante garde hole in the wall that will be replaced in a year.

Guest macboy

Just another mediocre overpriced wanna be avante garde hole in the wall that will be replaced in a year.

Actually it's been there for more than three years. But sorry to hear about your experiences anyway. :-\

Guest durrtylexx

great post...i enjoy dinning..

Emril's in South Beach is fantastic..I had a great time there and I highly recommend it!!!

The food was superb and service was top notch..

Guest JMT

I ate at this place its pricey but the Sushi is alright. So who were the troops at the Gathering...I am so sad I was invited :'( ;D

you arent even good enough to have lunch with.