Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sprixtel? Sextel? Sprint Nextel.

Guest pod

Guest trancepriest

Hmmm... motorola has really been taking some hits lately. This deal affects em big time. they were a supplier for nextel... but due to the sprint takeover... i'm sure sprint will replace their iden technology.

Guest XxGrOoVeERICxX

;D

I've been a Sprint customer since they first started back in 1997, and never had a problem. I see it as a good thing; adding the PTT to Sprint. Also I know many frineds who have Nextel now we can talk to each other easier.

Guest JMT

i got a Nex-hell from my company for work use. apparently anyone can zap you on the 2 way and start babbling at will, i.e. a wrong number. i havent read the manual so maybe you can turn that off, but how f-ing annoying.

I have also used Sprint four at least 5 year and never had a problem. it just keep getting better.

But I do hate the PTT thing

u must be one of the millions that might say that

I am so surprised w/ Sprint...this is the only way for them to still stay in business by sucking on Nextel's balls...the company almost went bankrupt w/ over $400 million bucks in Debt in the last 4 years.

I got a nextel for work, i like it...no complaints...if u use the ppt 2 way for work its pretty convinient...i dont buy for my service so i got no complaints 8)

Guest pod

Yeah if someone gave me a craptel for work I'd be alright with it. But the damn proprietary iDEN service is only valid here in the US or in Hoserland.

Give me my GSM.

Guest saintjohn

i got a Nex-hell from my company for work use. apparently anyone can zap you on the 2 way and start babbling at will, i.e. a wrong number.

funny you should mention that. at 3:35 this morning, i hear beep-beep "get yo muthafucken azz up!" from the direction of my phone, which i had neglected to silence before charging overnight. sigh. maybe i should post the jerk's direct connect number . . .

i've had a nextel for years, and the ptt feature is useful for certain situations (freelance sound reinforcement gigs, for one), but it has limitations. there's no "call-waiting," for example, and the ptt latency can make conversations slow and frustrating.

btw, if you do start getting "wrong number" direct connects, just turn your phone off for a minute. the person on the other end will hear an annoying tone and get a "user not available" error message the next time he tries to ptt you.

I've never had a false ptt ever... maybe you guys have numbers that were used at one time.

You can turn off ptt, but i never do it. leave the speaker off and you'll get a signal in your que if someone tried to dc you.

the ptt does sometimes have it's issues, but overall 98% of the time it works perfect. it's so great having it. It's such a great technology i can see the world never dialing a number again. Having a large group of peopole at an event or club, the ptt is the bomb.

Guest JMT

i got a Nex-hell from my company for work use. apparently anyone can zap you on the 2 way and start babbling at will, i.e. a wrong number.

funny you should mention that. at 3:35 this morning, i hear beep-beep "get yo muthafucken azz up!" from the direction of my phone, which i had neglected to silence before charging overnight. sigh. maybe i should post the jerk's direct connect number . . .

i've had a nextel for years, and the ptt feature is useful for certain situations (freelance sound reinforcement gigs, for one), but it has limitations. there's no "call-waiting," for example, and the ptt latency can make conversations slow and frustrating.

btw, if you do start getting "wrong number" direct connects, just turn your phone off for a minute. the person on the other end will hear an annoying tone and get a "user not available" error message the next time he tries to ptt you.

yes, a wrong number buzzed me late one night "yo, watchu doin'?!"

I've never had a false ptt ever... maybe you guys have numbers that were used at one time.

You can turn off ptt, but i never do it. leave the speaker off and you'll get a signal in your que if someone tried to dc you.

the ptt does sometimes have it's issues, but overall 98% of the time it works perfect. it's so great having it. It's such a great technology i can see the world never dialing a number again. Having a large group of peopole at an event or club, the ptt is the bomb.

id have to agree

Guest tres-b

:) Though it can be a bit annoying at times I like my Nextel. I think it annoys others more so than myself. :-*

and I could care less if my they get annoyed when I am on the 2way.

Guest LaLeeBeaN

:) Though it can be a bit annoying at times I like my Nextel. I think it annoys others more so than myself. :-*

and I could care less if my they get annoyed when I am on the 2way.

AGREED! I made that comment to one particular person who always make fun of me on the Nextel. :-* You know who you are!!!!!