Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pavano Signs with Yankees

Guest LdySphynx

Guest LdySphynx

Its official...!!!!

Florida Marlins Carl Pavano RHP A New York Yankees 4 years, $42 million

NEW YORK -- The Yankees closed in on a deal with Carl Pavano on Tuesday which could be finalized before the end of the week.

Scott Shapiro, who represents Pavano, negotiated with Yankees general manager Brian Cashman and assistant GM Jean Afterman from his home in Miami on Tuesday.

"We're working through the contract. We'll get there," Shapiro said. "I'm 100 percent confident it will get done. We just have to make sure to dot all the I's and cross all the T's, but dealing with Brian and Jean, they're true professionals."

The Yankees and Diamondbacks have also re-opened talks about Randy Johnson, though Arizona is still looking for more in return for the five-time Cy Young winner than New York seems willing to give.

Shapiro revealed at the Winter Meetings that Pavano had chosen the Yankees over the Red Sox, Orioles, Tigers and Mariners, but the two sides still have to work out a contract.

Pavano is expected to receive $39 million over four years.

"It should get done by the end of the week," Shapiro said. "But we're not going to rush it."

Pavano went 18-8 with a 3.00 ERA for the Marlins last season, finishing sixth in the National League Cy Young voting. In seven seasons with the Expos and Marlins, Pavano is 57-58 with a 4.21 ERA.

Guest LdySphynx

No yet...don't jinx this...

Not sure where your info is coming from...

From the Sun Sentinel.

They are not paying him the attention they have too.

Guest LeVeL

Dam fuck man...we lost Pavano the best pitcher in the lineup in my opinion. But what is worst is that he goes to the fucking stinking Yankees. Man haven't the yankees learned their lesson yet, buying players wont guarantee them a championship. Its all about team chemistry.

Dam fuck man...we lost Pavano the best pitcher in the lineup in my opinion. But what is worst is that he goes to the fucking stinking Yankees. Man haven't the yankees learned their lesson yet' date=' buying players wont guarantee them a championship. Its all about team chemistry.

[/quote']

don't hate the player...hate the game...

Guest JMT

i really liked him too. i felt good for him for finally redeeming himself after his only claim to fame was giving up Big Mac's record setting home run as a rookie.

Guest LeVeL

i really liked him too. i felt good for him for finally redeeming himself after his only claim to fame was giving up Big Mac's record setting home run as a rookie.

I never knew he was the one who gave up the record to McGuire

Guest durrtylexx

and dated Alyssa Milano lucky fuck...

Guest LdySphynx

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(, All I know is my baby is gone!!!!!!!

Now I have to lower myself to watching a Yankees game just to get a glimpse of him >:(!!!!

By the looks of things The Marlins are doomed this next season!!!!!!

Guest JMT

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(, All I know is my baby is gone!!!!!!!

Now I have to lower myself to watching a Yankees game just to get a glimpse of him >:(!!!!

By the looks of things The Marlins are doomed this next season!!!!!!

yep. we can only hope some guys step up and overachieve. i love small market baseball.

Guest LdySphynx

It's done...go bombers!!!

Well they sure are living up to their Nickname, cause all they have done in the past 4 years is BOMB ::)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well they sure are living up to their Nickname, cause all they have done in the past 4 years is BOMB ::)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm...not sure how you call their performance bombing, but just wait and see for 2005...the squad is looking STRONG....

Guest LdySphynx

Hmmm...not sure how you call their performance bombing, but just wait and see for 2005...the squad is looking STRONG....

So what you're saying is that the past few years their squad has been what WEAK.....its going to be the same squad this year, as it has been the past few years only with some minor changes here and there not even with Rodriguez in the line up did them any good, they seemed to have forgotten the main recipe for winning a WS.......HEART not MONEY!!!