Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PlayStation® Dual Play presents Paul van Dyk New Year's Eve 2005

poster_pvd1.jpg

PlayStation® Dual Play

presents

Paul van Dyk

New Year's Eve 2005

PlayStation® Dual Play presents Paul van Dyk New Year's Eve 2005 produced by Godskitchen and House of Blues, is proud to offer you America's #1 DJ Voted by BPM Magazine and Grammy nominated artist, Paul van Dyk, for a heavenly New Year's Eve performance at Manhattan's stellar IKON Nightclub. Can you think of a better way to ring in the New Year than partying to a special extended set of PURE PVD?

General Admission tickets now available at $65 and will be going up to $75 on December 20th, get your presales now!

Get all event info, including complete line-up and VIP options for the 21+ at www.playstationdualplay.com. Buy your presales here at www.groovetickets.com

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Prophet

Yo i was there it was Awesome except for the Stabbing Part. My friend saw it from the top floor he said he saw an asian guy run from one side of the main floor to the middle and stab a guy right in the heart, it took the bouncers like 2 secs to get the guy but it was already almost too late. I think they caught the guy but they wouldn't let us leave after that happened. Pvd was kinda pissed i never saw like that he stopped for a min until everything was semi ok. i mean like WTF its a New Years Party. We had to push our way out at 6am, then to get rushed by 150 cops to see what race we were. All the male Asians were lined up against the front wall and the eye witness had to pick out who was the killer. 2 of our friends we went with were Asians and they got pulled aside and we waited till 7 am until they got out so we could leave. Other than the stabbing and everything else. It was a great party but it just got out of hand and i think there was way to much Yah Yo at the club. New Yorkers think if the spend 75+ on a ticket they can go insane and do whatever they want when they actually just ruin the party for people like us

Guest JMT

dude, "except for the stabbing" it was ok?

PVD was kinda pissed? i dont think a dj wants to be remembered for the NYE party where some guy got shanked.

tell me, did the music stop immediately? i assume the party ended at that point?

Guest Prophet

Well i personally didn't know about the stabbing until we got out of the club and all of our friends met up. The bouncers got in and out quick enough that i didin't even notice. I remember the music stopping for bout 10 secs and that was it. People were saying that someone got stabbed but no one knew that the person died until we got out. that's why i said except for the stabbing it was ok, only cuz i didn't know about it until the end

Guest JMT

Well i personally didn't know about the stabbing until we got out of the club and all of our friends met up. The bouncers got in and out quick enough that i didin't even notice. I remember the music stopping for bout 10 secs and that was it. People were saying that someone got stabbed but no one knew that the person died until we got out. that's why i said except for the stabbing it was ok, only cuz i didn't know about it until the end

gotcha.

so how much longer did it go on for until it stopped permanently? they told everyone to walk outside?

Guest web_norah

this has nothing to do with PVD, (i think he is a class act in person and i prefer his trance sound to the rest of the trance cattle, add Alex Gold and John Kelly as exceptions to the rule).

but........Ikon is a terrible venue and i havent got a clue why it is infested with such depressing element.

Guest web_norah

this has nothing to do with PVD...

no one said it did. just happens that someone got stabbed at his show.

thanks for the recap ::)

strange that none of this was in the news, however? this is what baffles me. I mean, clearly this did happen because I've heard it from lots of people...but im suprised it got no coverage. im not sure if someone was actually killed, I think that might have caused more of a stir---

Guest web_norah

i havent seen news about this on any of the local news or NY blogs

then again, i was way too busy with visits on new years day and dancing my shoes off at Victor Calderone.

Guest Prophet

Ya Pvd was still sick and tiesto dialed in from Cali and we heard like a few trax of what he was spinning, that was tight. but ya I've only been to ikon that one time and from my experience i prolly wont go again unless Tiesto is spinning but there are way better clubs than ext.