Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Saturday Night Live uses poor judgment

Guest slamminshaun

Guest slamminshaun

These guys have alot of nerve making fun of a guy who admitted an addiction. Seems to me they need to check themselves first, considering how many druggies they've had on their show. ::) It's always dismissed when liberals screw up, but not conservatives.

BACKSTAGE CONTROVERSY AFTER NBC DEPICTION OF LIMBAUGH

NBC's comedy depiction of talkradio king Rush Limbaugh passed-out in vomit from drug abuse ignited backstage outrage at SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE.

The animated sketch left one senior production source stunned and outraged. "Would we have done this to [John] Belushi? [Chris] Farley?" the source said on Sunday from New York.

The source asked not to be identified fearing retribution from SNL's executive producer Lorne Michaels. "We've had more fu**ing drug addicts on this show through the years... more tragedy. I have lost count. Did we ever have some laughs about Robert Downey Jr.'s serious drug addiction?"

The crass montage which aired on NBC featured Limbaugh vomiting from drugs on a bathroom floor, in an apparent overdose. Last year, Limbaugh announced to his radio audience that he was seeking treatment for an addiction to pain medication.

Calls to Michaels office went unreturned late Sunday.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These guys have alot of nerve making fun of a guy who admitted an addiction. Seems to me they need to check themselves first' date=' considering how many druggies they've had on their show. ::) It's always dismissed when liberals screw up, but not conservatives.

NBC's comedy depiction of talkradio king Rush Limbaugh passed-out in vomit from drug abuse ignited backstage outrage at SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE.

The animated sketch left one senior production source stunned and outraged. "Would we have done this to [John'] Belushi? [Chris] Farley?" the source said on Sunday from New York.

The source asked not to be identified fearing retribution from SNL's executive producer Lorne Michaels. "We've had more fu**ing drug addicts on this show through the years... more tragedy. I have lost count. Did we ever have some laughs about Robert Downey Jr.'s serious drug addiction?"

The crass montage which aired on NBC featured Limbaugh vomiting from drugs on a bathroom floor, in an apparent overdose. Last year, Limbaugh announced to his radio audience that he was seeking treatment for an addiction to pain medication.

It's called comedy try laughing at it! Besides he is the biggest hypocrite on this planet and deserves it. How can you have any respect for someone like him?

Guest JMT

the person quoted hit the nail on the head, would it also be "comedy" to mock farley or belushi? they both ODed in just that manner.

i loved those guys on snl and would find that extremely distasteful.

or is a person fair game if they didnt die?

Guest slamminshaun

I think its comedy in poor taste. There's nothing funny about someone fighting an addiction. I would have posted the article had it been Downey, Jr. or Farley with the same disgust. Funny thing is, many would've agreed with that...but since its Limbaugh, they feel like they can take pot shots at him about his unintentional addiction to pain killers.

I have more respect for a guy who can own up to it, not make excuses, go to rehab, and come back from being deaf in both ears, then a bunch of guys who OD'd on everything under the sun. I've never heard Limbaugh make fun of people with addicions, so I'm not sure how he is a hypocrite. ???

Guest JMT

When Rush's soul is passed on into the netherworld.. this will be his companion:

story.suspect.montgomery.ap.jpg

And he won't have any drugs to cope with the infinity.

if thats your attitude then you'll be there along with them.

I think its comedy in poor taste. There's nothing funny about someone fighting an addiction. I would have posted the article had it been Downey' date=' Jr. or Farley with the same disgust. Funny thing is, many would've agreed with that...but since its Limbaugh, they feel like they can take pot shots at him about his [u']unintentional addiction to pain killers.

I have more respect for a guy who can own up to it, not make excuses, go to rehab, and come back from being deaf in both ears, then a bunch of guys who OD'd on everything under the sun. I've never heard Limbaugh make fun of people with addicions, so I'm not sure how he is a hypocrite. ???

Who gives a fuck? They make fun of everyone.

the person quoted hit the nail on the head, would it also be "comedy" to mock farley or belushi? they both ODed in just that manner.

If it was funny who cares. Who know they might be laughing from their graves.

Guest swirlundergrounder

These guys have alot of nerve making fun of a guy who admitted an addiction. Seems to me they need to check themselves first' date=' considering how many druggies they've had on their show. ::) It's always dismissed when liberals screw up, but not conservatives.

The animated sketch left one senior production source stunned and outraged. "Would we have done this to [John'] Belushi? [Chris] Farley?" the source said on Sunday from New York.

Yeah but on the same token, Rush Limbaugh used to always talk trash about drug addicts and say that all people involved with drugs should be locked away, are a waste of tax payers money etc..He said all of this while he himself was using drugs all that time..... That's why Rush is being made fun of....

I think its comedy in poor taste. There's nothing funny about someone fighting an addiction. I would have posted the article had it been Downey' date=' Jr. or Farley with the same disgust. Funny thing is, many would've agreed with that...but since its Limbaugh, they feel like they can take pot shots at him about his [u']unintentional addiction to pain killers.

He never made fun of people with addictions but he always persecuted people that used drugs and guess what he is a junkie I call that being a hypocrite.

Guest JMT

would it be funny to show someone that you knew personally dead in a pile of their own vomit? i dont see how it could be.

would it be funny to show someone that you knew personally dead in a pile of their own vomit? i dont see how it could be.

Dude lighten up they make fun of everyone and have done worst things then that.

Guest slamminshaun

Apparently not everyone at SNL thought it was funny. I suppose it was hilarious with Sinead O'Connor went out there, talked shit, and tore up photos of The Pope on SNL? I'll tell you what's funny though.....Ashley Simpson getting busted for lip-syncing. Now there's someone who got what they deserved.

Guest slamminshaun

That's the point. Why Rush Limbaugh, and not Chris Farley? Ok, if you don't want to make fun of dead people, then why not Downey, Jr.?? Or maybe a Kennedy?? What about Roger Clinton?? The SNL guy makes a valid point. The reason is simple: He's conservative and an easy target.

That's the point. Why Rush Limbaugh' date=' and not Chris Farley? Ok, if you don't want to make fun of dead people, then why not Downey, Jr.?? Or maybe a Kennedy?? What about Roger Clinton?? The SNL guy makes a valid point. The reason is simple: He's conservative and an easy target.

[/quote']

Exactly and you only care because it's him. Lighten up my friend your not getting my point. I don't care who they make fun of but you do.

That's the point. Why Rush Limbaugh' date=' and not Chris Farley? Ok, if you don't want to make fun of dead people, then why not Downey, Jr.?? Or maybe a Kennedy?? What about Roger Clinton?? The SNL guy makes a valid point. The reason is simple: He's conservative and an easy target.

[/quote']

BTW they always make fun of the easy target it's nothing new.

Guest slamminshaun

That's the point. Why Rush Limbaugh, and not Chris Farley? Ok, if you don't want to make fun of dead people, then why not Downey, Jr.?? Or maybe a Kennedy?? What about Roger Clinton?? The SNL guy makes a valid point. The reason is simple: He's conservative and an easy target.

Exactly and you only care because it's him. Lighten up my friend your not getting my point. I don't care who they make fun of but you do.

I admit, I care they make fun of people with addictions, whether they be liberal or conservative.

Guest cutchemist

I think its comedy in poor taste. There's nothing funny about someone fighting an addiction. I would have posted the article had it been Downey, Jr. or Farley with the same disgust. Funny thing is, many would've agreed with that...but since its Limbaugh, they feel like they can take pot shots at him about his unintentional addiction to pain killers.

Who gives a fuck? They make fun of everyone.

Exactly....they joke about things we can all relate to....we're all addicts to something.....working out, sex, sugar, meat,

whateva

Guest tres-b

When Rush's soul is passed on into the netherworld.. this will be his companion:

story.suspect.montgomery.ap.jpg

And he won't have any drugs to cope with the infinity.

You are a complete idiot. Seriously, go turn on Tiesto, eat a pill and STFU.

Guest slamminshaun

Maybe Rush can hook him up I heard he has the best stuff lol.

LOL... I prefer ATB instead and my drug of choice is coffee with a little milk... I do have a fetish for Macs though. Hey SNL should do a show on Jeb Bush's daughter too. Perhaps conservatives take more drugs than liberals... something perhaps with all the repression they've built up. Are any of you conservatives on here taking any hits right now?

Maybe. It's no secret I'm conservative and live a Libertarian social lifestyle. Anything in moderation is ok with me. Don't confuse all conservatives with the extreme religious right wing.

So anything done with the intent of comedy should be acceptable, no matter how ridiculous? Maybe we could have SNL do a skit making fun of Christopher Reeve falling off of a horse and then go on to win the Special Olympics. Let's see if you'd be lauging at that one....as long as its done in the name of comedy right?

Guest slamminshaun

Yeah but on the same token, Rush Limbaugh used to always talk trash about drug addicts and say that all people involved with drugs should be locked away, are a waste of tax payers money etc..

I challenge the sources on this one. I googled that, and can't come up with a quote anywhere near that.

Maybe Rush can hook him up I heard he has the best stuff lol.

LOL... I prefer ATB instead and my drug of choice is coffee with a little milk... I do have a fetish for Macs though. Hey SNL should do a show on Jeb Bush's daughter too. Perhaps conservatives take more drugs than liberals... something perhaps with all the repression they've built up. Are any of you conservatives on here taking any hits right now?

Maybe. It's no secret I'm conservative and live a Libertarian social lifestyle. Anything in moderation is ok with me. Don't confuse all conservatives with the extreme religious right wing.

So anything done with the intent of comedy should be acceptable' date=' no matter how ridiculous? Maybe we could have SNL do a skit making fun of Christopher Reeve falling off of a horse and then go on to win the Special Olympics. Let's see if you'd be lauging at that one....as long as its done in the name of comedy right?

[/quote']

It's your opinion to agree with the joke or not but they have the right to make fun of anyone or anything even Christopher Reeve. I hate any form of censorship.

Guest tres-b

Look, I cant stand Michael Moore but I wouldnt take shots at an addiction of his or joke about him dying.

Addiction is a serious matter but not a humorous one.