Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Saturday Night Live uses poor judgment

Guest slamminshaun

Guest CowboyTrance

I challenge the sources on this one. I googled that, and can't come up with a quote anywhere near that.

"Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be

convicted and they ought to be sent up."

-- Rush Limbaugh. October 5, 1995 show transcript.

"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use, too many whites are getting away with drug sales, too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."

"It's kind of like sentencing. A lot of people say that we have a heavy sentence for this crime and a light sentence for another crime, and what we ought to do is reduce the heavy sentence so it's more in line with the other. Wrong. In most cases we ought to increase the light sentence and make it compatible with the heavy sentence, and be serious about punishment because we are becoming too tolerant as a society, folks, especially of crime, in too many parts of the country."

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest slamminshaun

It's your opinion to agree with the joke or not but they have the right to make fun of anyone or anything even Christopher Reeve. I hate any form of censorship.

I never said anything about censorship...where did that come into this? But hopefully enough people will be pissed off about this that SNL will lose sponsors, and make them think twice about making fun of people's illnesses again.

We should be free to say whatever we want, but that doesn't mean people are obligated to spend money on listening to such garbage. Reminds me of Bill Maar (or whatever his name was) when he said "say what you want, but the terrorists involved with 9/11 were far from cowards". Nobody censored that jerk, but the people paying his bills sure didn't like it and chose to quit sponsoring the show as long as he was on it. Money talks, and hopefully SNL will have their pocketbooks hurt over this.

It's your opinion to agree with the joke or not but they have the right to make fun of anyone or anything even Christopher Reeve. I hate any form of censorship.

Reminds me of Bill Maar (or whatever his name was) when he said "say what you want' date=' but the terrorists involved with 9/11 were far from cowards".

[/quote']

DUDE talk about taking a quote out of context

I challenge the sources on this one. I googled that, and can't come up with a quote anywhere near that.

"Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be

convicted and they ought to be sent up."

"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use, too many whites are getting away with drug sales, too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."

"It's kind of like sentencing. A lot of people say that we have a heavy sentence for this crime and a light sentence for another crime, and what we ought to do is reduce the heavy sentence so it's more in line with the other. Wrong. In most cases we ought to increase the light sentence and make it compatible with the heavy sentence, and be serious about punishment because we are becoming too tolerant as a society, folks, especially of crime, in too many parts of the country."

What a hypocrite. More importantly who’s to say what’s acceptable comedy and what’s not? My point is they have the right to make fun of him or anyone else they want to.

Reminds me of Bill Maar (or whatever his name was) when he said "say what you want, but the terrorists involved with 9/11 were far from cowards".

DUDE talk about taking a quote out of context....

Me?

Guest Seb

Maybe Rush can hook him up I heard he has the best stuff lol.

LOL... I prefer ATB instead and my drug of choice is coffee with a little milk... I do have a fetish for Macs though. Hey SNL should do a show on Jeb Bush's daughter too. Perhaps conservatives take more drugs than liberals... something perhaps with all the repression they've built up. Are any of you conservatives on here taking any hits right now?

Maybe. It's no secret I'm conservative and live a Libertarian social lifestyle. Anything in moderation is ok with me. Don't confuse all conservatives with the extreme religious right wing.

So anything done with the intent of comedy should be acceptable' date=' no matter how ridiculous? Maybe we could have SNL do a skit making fun of Christopher Reeve falling off of a horse and then go on to win the Special Olympics. Let's see if you'd be lauging at that one....as long as its done in the name of comedy right?

[/quote']

When did you guys become so sensitive. You guys are starting to sound like some panzy ass liberals ::)

You guys are missing the greatest part of that cartoon skit. When Santa says he's not delivering presents to all the red states, referring to the red states as "Dumbfuckistan". Now that is some funny shit ;D

I never said anything about censorship...where did that come into this? But hopefully enough people will be pissed off about this that SNL will lose sponsors' date=' and make them think twice about making fun of people's illnesses again.

We should be free to say whatever we want, but that doesn't mean people are obligated to spend money on listening to such garbage. Reminds me of Bill Maar (or whatever his name was) when he said "say what you want, but the terrorists involved with 9/11 were far from cowards". Nobody censored that jerk, but the people paying his bills sure didn't like it and chose to quit sponsoring the show as long as he was on it. Money talks, and hopefully SNL will have their pocketbooks hurt over this.

[/quote']

That's my point you are being a censor right now and you don’t even realize it. Do you work for the FCC? lol

Guest JMT

the FCC only responds to complaints, the people decide what offends them. democracy at work.

its a question of good taste, not censorship.

BTW, doesnt everyone already know that SNL officially SUCKS?

LOL... I prefer ATB instead and my drug of choice is coffee with a little milk... I do have a fetish for Macs though. Hey SNL should do a show on Jeb Bush's daughter too. Perhaps conservatives take more drugs than liberals... something perhaps with all the repression they've built up. Are any of you conservatives on here taking any hits right now?

Maybe. It's no secret I'm conservative and live a Libertarian social lifestyle. Anything in moderation is ok with me. Don't confuse all conservatives with the extreme religious right wing.

So anything done with the intent of comedy should be acceptable, no matter how ridiculous? Maybe we could have SNL do a skit making fun of Christopher Reeve falling off of a horse and then go on to win the Special Olympics. Let's see if you'd be lauging at that one....as long as its done in the name of comedy right?

When did you guys become so sensitive. You guys are starting to sound like some panzy ass liberals ::)

You guys are missing the greatest part of that cartoon skit. When Santa says he's not delivering presents to all the red states, referring to the red states as "Dumbfuckistan". Now that is some funny shit ;D

Of course they didn't mention that part why would they? Because that’s funny to them right?

the FCC only responds to complaints, the people decide what offends them. democracy at work.

SNL has sucked for a while now. Yes it's bad taste but they have the right to do it that's all I care about, and that is the point that you guys don't seem to understand.

So anything done with the intent of comedy should be acceptable, no matter how ridiculous? Maybe we could have SNL do a skit making fun of Christopher Reeve falling off of a horse and then go on to win the Special Olympics. Let's see if you'd be lauging at that one....as long as its done in the name of comedy right?

They sound like little bitches but you guys are still cool with me. I can agree to disagree.

8)

Guest JMT

SNL has sucked for a while now. Yes it's bad taste but they have the right to do it that's all I care about, and that is the point that you guys don't seem to understand.

no dude, thats all im saying... i think it was in bad taste. thats all i can say. i dont make an tv decisions. im just a sheep in society. its a matter of opinion, period.

and who you calling bitch, bitch! ;D

no dude, thats all im saying... i think it was in bad taste. thats all i can say. i dont make an tv decisions. im just a sheep in society. its a matter of opinion, period.

That's cool I think you know where I’m coming from as well.

and who you calling bitch, bitch! ;D

lol 8)

Guest slamminshaun

That's my point you are being a censor right now and you don’t even realize it. Do you work for the FCC? lol

Mirza is the undisputed king of this thread....he's posted more times then Limbaugh's popped pills... :P See, I can have a sense of humor...I hate censorship. I absolutely will fight to the death to ensure that SNL has the right to continue to say things in poor taste. That doesn't mean I agree with it. The title of this thread was not "SNL should be censored".....it was "uses poor judgment". I think its in poor taste they make fun of handicaps, illnesses, and such....some of you don't. There's nothing either side can say to change our opinions on that.

Mirza is the undisputed king of this thread....he's posted more times then Limbaugh's popped pills... :P See' date=' I can have a sense of humor...I hate censorship. I absolutely will fight to the death to ensure that SNL has the right to continue to say things in poor taste. That doesn't mean I agree with it. The title of this thread was not "SNL should be censored".....it was "uses poor judgment". I think its in poor taste they make fun of handicaps, illnesses, and such....some of you don't. There's nothing either side can say to change our opinions on that.

[/quote']

lol I was just in a crazy mood this morning I mean real crazy. Don't worry we will do some shot's next time I see you.

Guest slamminshaun

Mirza is the undisputed king of this thread....he's posted more times then Limbaugh's popped pills... :P See, I can have a sense of humor...I hate censorship. I absolutely will fight to the death to ensure that SNL has the right to continue to say things in poor taste. That doesn't mean I agree with it. The title of this thread was not "SNL should be censored".....it was "uses poor judgment". I think its in poor taste they make fun of handicaps, illnesses, and such....some of you don't. There's nothing either side can say to change our opinions on that.

lol I was just in a crazy mood this morning I mean real crazy. Don't worry we will do some shot's next time I see you.

I'll bring the pain pills. :o

Guest swirlundergrounder

Yeah but on the same token' date=' Rush Limbaugh used to always talk trash about drug addicts and say that all people involved with drugs should be locked away, are a waste of tax payers money etc..

[/quote']

Shaun, I saw him saying this on some video footage while he was taping his radio show which was replayed on 60 minutes or Dateline (one of those prime time news shows) when this whole story broke...I saw this with my own eyes along with several million other people...

Guest slamminshaun

Yeah but on the same token, Rush Limbaugh used to always talk trash about drug addicts and say that all people involved with drugs should be locked away, are a waste of tax payers money etc..

Shaun, I saw him saying this on some video footage while he was taping his radio show which was replayed on 60 minutes or Dateline (one of those prime time news shows) when this whole story broke...I saw this with my own eyes along with several million other people...

Ya got me...ouch....SUV's still rule!! 8)

Guest swirlundergrounder

Yeah but on the same token' date=' Rush Limbaugh used to always talk trash about drug addicts and say that all people involved with drugs should be locked away, are a waste of tax payers money etc..

[/quote']

Ya got me...ouch....SUV's still rule!! 8)

SUV's :-X :-X :P

Guest cutchemist

Look, I cant stand Michael Moore but I wouldnt take shots at an addiction of his or joke about him dying.

Addiction is a serious matter but not a humorous one.

You guys are really boring the shit out of me ;D

;D

;)

Mirza is the undisputed king of this thread....he's posted more times then Limbaugh's popped pills... :P See' date=' I can have a sense of humor...I hate censorship. I absolutely will fight to the death to ensure that SNL has the right to continue to say things in poor taste. That doesn't mean I agree with it. The title of this thread was not "SNL should be censored".....it was "uses poor judgment". I think its in poor taste they make fun of handicaps, illnesses, and such....some of you don't. There's nothing either side can say to change our opinions on that.

[/quote']

lol ;D

Guest Cosmigonon

lol ;D

OK, enough with the happy smiles, I want some more drama to lighten up this morning, damn it!! >:(:P

Guest bcnjunkie
NBC's comedy depiction of talkradio king Rush Limbaugh passed-out in vomit from drug abuse ignited backstage outrage at SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE.

this clown is funny enough on the radio .... but to see him depicted this way... I can't believe I missed it, that had to be funny !!!!!!