Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pink Floyd - The Wall (Andro Remix)

Guest obby

Guest obby

It sounds good, but I feel bad for liking it. I feel like it should be a sin to remix The Wall.

Yeah, I see that many Floyd followers feel the same way. Andro obviously loves Floyd cause he took it upon himself to re-work "The Wall".

Guest JMT

i heard Icey play a breaks remix of "Time" once and once only. Im a die-hard Floyd fan, so I wont tolerate any bullshit, but that mix was spectacular!

if the remix is quality, its ok in my book.

Guest mikepayne

Yeah, I see that many Floyd followers feel the same way. Andro obviously loves Floyd cause he took it upon himself to re-work "The Wall".

Did he re-work the whole album?

Well, that song's overrated anyway.

The Wall isn't a song. It's an album that is meant to be played through from the beginning to end. What you know of as the song The Wall is actually two or three songs that are spread throughout the first disc that are stitched together to make something playable on the radio. I could see thinking that particular radio edit is overrated, but if you listen to the entire album and read at all into the meaning of it, it really was (and still is) groundbreaking.

I really do for the most part just take music at face value and enjoy it for how it sounds and not really read much more into it, but this album is just different. It could have been a book. If anyone's actually a big enough geek (like myself) to be interested, check this out: A Complete Analysis of The Wall

Guest JMT

Im a die-hard Floyd fan,

i had no idea.....that's excellent....best band of all time....dying for them to tour again.....saw roger waters in west palm a few years ago....partied with alice.... ;) ;D

i saw Waters at lakewood in atlanta, same tour i assume!

floyd is freakin phenominal.

i think we might be SOL on another tour, they adamant about not doing one, and they arent exactly spring chickens these days.

i literally wore out my VHS copy of the '94 pulse tour in college. absolutely the greatest concert video ever made.

Guest mikepayne

what i wanna know is what motherfucker let korn remake the wall. uck.

is that a joke?

I sure hope so... that would be horrible. :-X

Guest DiscJockeyJoey

dood, if you havent heard a cover of the wall performed by korn has been on heavy rotation on zeta. It hurts me to say this b/c korn was once my fav band...but damn it sucks :-\

i literally wore out my VHS copy of the '94 pulse tour in college. absolutely the greatest concert video ever made.

DUDE me too! hahahahahaha

and yes, by far, the greatest concert video ever made.

i've been waiting for the transformation to dvd....and i just located it, gonna get it ASAP

;D 8)

Guest Cosmigonon

Did he re-work the whole album?

Well, that song's overrated anyway.

The Wall isn't a song. It's an album that is meant to be played through from the beginning to end. What you know of as the song The Wall is actually two or three songs that are spread throughout the first disc that are stitched together to make something playable on the radio. I could see thinking that particular radio edit is overrated, but if you listen to the entire album and read at all into the meaning of it, it really was (and still is) groundbreaking.

I really do for the most part just take music at face value and enjoy it for how it sounds and not really read much more into it, but this album is just different. It could have been a book. If anyone's actually a big enough geek (like myself) to be interested, check this out: A Complete Analysis of The Wall

Well, I've heard the entire album. Regardless of the lyrical content, I didn't like any song, only "In the flesh", but hey, it is just my taste. I certainly appreciate the idea of the whole concept. I love Yes, and I think "Tales From Topographic Oceans" is one of the best concept albums ever, but most people hate it, so it's all good. ;)

Guest scarab

anyone hear the scissor sisters remake of comfortably numb?

alot of people hate it, i think you have to have a bit of sense of humor , to appreciatie it...

scissor sisters comfortably numb (paper faces remix) is bangin..

a few of other remixes are also sweet

Guest JMT

DUDE me too! hahahahahaha

and yes, by far, the greatest concert video ever made.

i've been waiting for the transformation to dvd....and i just located it, gonna get it ASAP

;D 8)

they FINALLY released it on dvd!?!? im buying one online right away!

Guest ddg

alot of people hate it, i think you have to have a bit of sense of humor , to appreciatie it...

not a big fan of the scissor sisters remake of it...

Guest scarab

not a big fan of the scissor sisters remake of it...

not surprising... check out the remixes