Clubplanet Nightlife Community

dj headphones

Guest JMT

Guest tres-b

hmmm, the stanton 3000s look very similar to the sony 700s.... but they are more durable?

are the 2000s any good?

They claim to have bulked up the joints. I cant tell you about the 2000s but I like the 3000s.

Saw the pics from La Covacha w/ Bruno. Is he using those Stanton headphones all the time or was that a one time thing?

all the time .. ever since that party @ prive about 2 months ago

Obviously he likes them. Whats your take?

r u asking me if i like them ?

the sound quality is good, but u cant really feel the bass as much as using the hdj 1000 and they feel bulky ..

the pioneers are great cause they can handle great input without showing distortion .. perfect for places with big monitors

Guest tres-b
Saw the pics from La Covacha w/ Bruno. Is he using those Stanton headphones all the time or was that a one time thing?

all the time .. ever since that party @ prive about 2 months ago

Obviously he likes them. Whats your take?

r u asking me if i like them ?

the sound quality is good, but u cant really feel the bass as much as using the hdj 1000 and they feel bulky ..

the pioneers are great cause they can handle great input without showing distortion .. perfect for places with big monitors

Havent used the hdj 1000s myself but they look great. Ill have to get my hands on a pair to check them out.

The 3000s are super comfy which I really like. I can use them for hours and no problems. That is one of the things I hate about the Technics headphones. They sit on your ear not around and the sound is just ok.

Guest saintjohn
I have mixed feelings about the flashing blue light but it looks cool in pics and you can turn it off if it annoys you.

i just reviewed the stanton pro-3000s, and i know exactly what you mean. it's bad enough having silver (as opposed to basic black) headphones, but flashing blue lights are too much for me. i know some djs (ahem) just can't get enough attention, but i prefer to be remembered for my track selection - not the light show coming from my headphones.

that said, i do like the stantons better than the sony v700s. while imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, the stanton's detachable cord is a worthy improvement (if replacements are available), and the right-angle plug works better with the majority of mixers i encounter. as for long-term viability, i haven't had these long enough to know, but they seem at least as sturdy as the sonys.

this isn't exactly an endorsement, but they're affordable and they don't suck.

Guest tres-b
I have mixed feelings about the flashing blue light but it looks cool in pics and you can turn it off if it annoys you.

i just reviewed the stanton pro-3000s, and i know exactly what you mean. it's bad enough having silver (as opposed to basic black) headphones, but flashing blue lights are too much for me. i know some djs (ahem) just can't get enough attention, but i prefer to be remembered for my track selection - not the light show coming from my headphones.

that said, i do like the stantons better than the sony v700s. while imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, the stanton's detachable cord is a worthy improvement (if replacements are available), and the right-angle plug works better with the majority of mixers i encounter. as for long-term viability, i haven't had these long enough to know, but they seem at least as sturdy as the sonys.

this isn't exactly an endorsement, but they're affordable and they don't suck.

Great bang for you buck. As for the replacement cords, I have yet to see them on Stanton's site. I assume that you could get a replacement cord by contacting Stanton--but who knows...

Guest funk shui

Another Chicago dj here giving these Shure's the thumbs up!!

Just switched to these from the pioneers (rubbish) , total isolation, awesome quality, and light on the head.

Peaz

Shure has a set of in ear headphones - Chris Santiago from Chicago uses them. No worry about breakage there, but it must be weird to transition to them. Talk about total isolation.

041022_45.jpg

Guest swirlundergrounder

all this talking about headphones reminds me when i saw Judge Jules @ Nikki Beach during conference with some real crappy headphones ... like those u can get @ kmart for $10 ..

thats funny.

so are the pioneers your pick, Chibster?

my first pick on quality (sound) will be the sony's 700's ... their clarity is just perfect but they break easily, the pioneers (the ones i currently use) are the hdj-1000, they work perfect and they respond good to high volume inputs

A.C's right. These sound really good. I have a big head and I've broken 2 pairs of these rin the same place on the hinge

Guest pod

The 700s have shoddy construction. Sound quality is OK at best.

Not to sound like a parrot, but again, I highly recommend dishing out the extra money for the 7506s, or the -09s. Headphones that DJs used long before the wave of "DJ specific" headphones hit the market. Only reason a lot of DJs use the 700s is the price point and the fact that Sony gave away a shitload of them when they introduced them...they're not bad, but the fact that they break easily makes me give them a thumbs down. I'm not gonna plunk down $100 or so every few months when I can plunk down $200 now and they'll last a good long time.

Guest eKiTeL

yeah get less expensive headphones and save your money to buy musicians earplugs, that's an investment that will pay you back for many year to come ;)

Guest swirlundergrounder

The 700s have shoddy construction. Sound quality is OK at best.

Not to sound like a parrot, but again, I highly recommend dishing out the extra money for the 7506s, or the -09s. Headphones that DJs used long before the wave of "DJ specific" headphones hit the market. Only reason a lot of DJs use the 700s is the price point and the fact that Sony gave away a shitload of them when they introduced them...they're not bad, but the fact that they break easily makes me give them a thumbs down. I'm not gonna plunk down $100 or so every few months when I can plunk down $200 now and they'll last a good long time.

I had a pair of 7506's for a while and I took good care of them but the sound wnet out on one side all of a sudden. So I'm using my other good pair of the 700's but my dog chewed on one of the ears....They still work perfectly though and have not yet broken on the hinge......LOL