Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paris Hilton misses own club opening

V. Barbarino

Paris Hilton misses own club opening

Heiress six hours late for party; blames missed flight

Friday, December 31, 2004 Posted: 9:50 AM EST (1450 GMT)

Hilton

Paris Hilton: Very late for party.

ORLANDO, Florida (AP) -- The pink carpet was rolled out, the pink spotlights danced through the crisp night air of downtown Orlando, and everything seemed in place for the opening of Paris Hilton's first nightclub.

Missing, notably: One pink-loving hotel heiress.

Hilton arrived six hours behind schedule -- after many guests had left. At least she had an heiress-appropriate excuse handy.

"I was in the Swiss Alps skiing and I got caught at the airport with all the holiday travel so I've been trying to travel for the past 24 hours," a smiling Hilton said after stepping out of a stretch SUV in front of the club shortly after 1 a.m. Friday.

After her friends, shouting "WOOOO," ran out of the nightclub to hug and kiss her in greeting, she apologized for her tardiness. "I'm so sorry I'm late."

Hilton's sister, Nicky, took her place at the pink-ribbon-cutting ceremony for Club Paris Thursday evening with hundreds of local officials, leading Orlando businessmen and guests.

"Believe me, we have free drinks inside," co-owner Fred Khalilian nervously told the crowd after he announced that Hilton had missed a flight back to the United States.

"This kind of stuff happens -- you miss a flight," said former 'NSync singer Joey Fatone, one of the few celebrities to show up despite promises from Khalilian that a list of celebrities had been invited.

Other patrons of Club Paris were less forgiving. "(Khalilian) better get Paris here or this club isn't going to last," said Nancy Chepenik.

"The Simple Life" star was obligated to make four appearances a year at the Orlando location, the first of what is planned to be a chain of Club Paris nightspots, said Hilton's entertainment attorney, Peter Lopez. If all goes well, other clubs will open in Las Vegas, Miami, New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, London, Paris and Madrid.

Khalilian put almost $3 million into upgrading the space. Hilton didn't put up any money and was made a partner. She also received a substantial up-front payment and a Ferrari, which Hilton described as "hot" after jumping into it to pose for photos.

Guest slamminshaun

Most of the so-called "clubbers" left by 1am?? Who'd they market to, the Rotary Club? I know O-town has a 2am cutoff, but geez....I didn't know they had a 2am bedtime too!!

Wait, according to www.clubparis.net they are going to open one in Miami Beach? Oh boy... ::)

Guest tres-b

Most of the so-called "clubbers" left by 1am?? Who'd they market to' date=' the Rotary Club? I know O-town has a 2am cutoff, but geez....I didn't know they had a 2am bedtime too!!

[/quote']

No real clubbers would go to Club Paris. ::)

Most of the so-called "clubbers" left by 1am?? Who'd they market to' date=' the Rotary Club? I know O-town has a 2am cutoff, but geez....I didn't know they had a 2am bedtime too!!

Wait, according to [url']www.clubparis.net they are going to open one in Miami Beach? Oh boy... ::)

:-X

Guest DJTeKWReK

Wait, according to [url']www.clubparis.net they are going to open one in Miami Beach? Oh boy... ::)

Dude, people don't party in O-Town like they do here.. Up here, the lifestyle is different. It used to be HELLA sick, back during the Edge and Firestone, Blue Room, etc, A LOT better than miami was at the time (not just clubs, but raves, parties, etc.). Now, all us Miamians are spoiled, cause we're the shit. BTW, check me out at Club Paris beginning next month(the club looks great inside). Hit me up with an e-mail and I'll throw you on the list.

Guest slamminshaun

Wow FIFTEEN DOLLARS for VIP admission. Dayum! That must be one HOT spot!

What kind of VIP's only have to pay $5 more then non-VIP's? Kind of weird...

Guest somefiercehouse

Just to set the record straight....

She WAS there at the grand opening. I have no idea where all the rumors got started, but I (unfortunately) was there....saw her with my own eyes (unfortunately)....unless maybe it was a stand in.

they've got a LONG way to go. Hopefully some decent DJs though and some organization will do them good.

Guest slamminshaun

Nobody disputes that she was there, but its a fact that her sister cut the ribbon in her place and she didn't arrive until 1am. Considering Orlando's 2am cutoff, 1am is very late. How was the place? I'm still looking for a full review.

Guest somefiercehouse

The place is looks nice. It's just all way too pretentious....i can't spell, I know.

The people who were there thought they were hotter than Paris herself....and P. Diddy was there which just made it all the more cheesy.....Cindi Lauper was there too, which to me just seemed like a "what's wrong with this picture" game out of a Highlights Magazine.

Like I said, they have a long way to go. It's all just a little too unorganized and it doesn't seem like they have many people that know what they are doing....They were understaffed (to the point that a friend of mine that works there called ME -and i'm a small guy- to bar back to help out) and the upper management needs an attitude adjustment.

The club itself though is fairly impressive. The music thus far has been lame, lots of hip hop and radio remixes and what not.

IMHO, get rid of Paris, get some good DJs, and a decent promotions team and they should stay open a few years.

Guest barstar diana

bro orlando was the prefect spot to open it, tourists from all over the US go to the theme parks and hello check out ms hiltons club, u know all those AK kids that go to o-town will be out there...and if shes headed to miami were going to wish a whole lota luck that she wont go bankrupt, the beach is saturated as it is with clubs there gonna need some more than just paris hilton to pull heads!!!! maybe her and rick can do like a stage show :X..lmao

Guest RCordeschi

I would can the skinny chic for some pimp @ss dj's and fight the system somehow to stay open longer, I was in Orlando during the weekend and I must say LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2:00a.m. is when we are getting dressed to go out around here...or it seems. I hope the best for the club, but I am willing to be she didn't really care to join in on the party. If you are getting paid for something then you have an obligation to follow through and she failed on the first try that is a very bad thing on a business level. I would call my lawyers and can her in a heart beat if fails one more time.