Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lost in Translation...

Guest Cosmigonon

Because it was interesting, and you wanted to know what was gonna happen next, in other words, unpredictable, that's why you liked it.

That's what a great movie is, unpredictable and interesting to keep you watching it.That's the total opposite of Hollywood crap, where you feel like you've seen that movie already and kinda know how it's gonna end.

Guest trancepriest

Great movie, but I don't know why it was great.. It was slow and weird and really went no where, but it was great.... ???

I recommend it but I don't know why...

Perhaps because it was atmospheric of a certain numb.. void existence... emblematic of a certain social class.. that you would like to emulate?

Guest swirlundergrounder

Great movie, but I don't know why it was great.. It was slow and weird and really went no where, but it was great.... ???

I recommend it but I don't know why...

Yeah I saw this in the theatre and I walked out of the movie not really knowing how I felt about it but that I liked it. I didn't know why and I still don't know why. I can't even really remember what it was really about. I do know that I also wouldn't mind owning the movie, why I don't know...

Maybe that's the genius behind the movie. Perhaps my opinion got 'lost in the translation'....... 8)

Guest swirlundergrounder

almost like watching a documentary.

A documentary of a guy going through a mid-life crisis....

Guest trancepriest

"These characters aren’t culturally adrift, they’re spoiled, bored, rich, utterly unsympathetic Americans. Murray’s Bob scoffs jadedly that he’s earning $2m for doing an advert “when I could be doing a play somewhereâ€. Charlotte, pastily vapid, is in Japan because she had “nothing else to doâ€. What sort of predicament is this? The aching poignancy of a freebie? Mopey, self-pitying drivel." --- David Stubbs

Guest Cosmigonon

Well, having money doesn't guarantee that you're gonna be happy or not bored. He may have been earning 2 Million, but if he was such a famous actor, definitely a series of TV spots is definitely not too fun or self-realizing either. And for her, just because she's in Japan doen's mean that she's gonna like it.

To our level those may seem like spoiled people, but maybe we in their situations would feel the same, maybe not, but that's because everybody 's different.

Guest Diabolique

Love this movie. Scarlett Johansson is the shit.

scarlett-johansson-01.jpg

TRU DAT! she has something very special about her that makes her radiant beauty. SHe reminds me a little bit of Marilyn Monroe, if anyone can understand that...a

Guest Stogie

It was a cool movie but exactly like someone stated you really couldn't tell where the movie was going which could be a good thing cuz it wasnt predictable. It was entertaining nonetheless.. :P

Guest Meningito

The cinematography in this movie was pretty good. Lance Accord is very talented. I especially liked his work in The Dangerous Lives of Alterboys. I watched this movie (Lost in Translation) five times trying to get myself to like it. I wasn't successful.