Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ NAME

Guest NinaMarie

I need help thinking of a DJ name. Which one do you like best? (by the way, im a GIRL)  

1. 1. I need help thinking of a DJ name. Which one do you like best? (by the way, im a GIRL)

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

i dont like any of those choices either...maybe do some more brainstorming and post again, or just go with your heart and what u really like.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I've always believed that sticking to your real name or your name 'with a twist' was the way to go. A lot of DJ's who I know that started out with a nickname so to speak always went back to their real birth name as their DJ name.

Although if I were 17 years old and a 'kiddy rave DJ' I would like to be called 'DJ Microwave'.......cuz I heat things up......j/k...LOL ;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

Nina Marie sounds cool to me..just use your name..

Yeah iagree. I like NinaMarie also. It may not sound original to youbecuz it's your name but it sounds original to me....

If you want to be taken seriously someday as a DJ that will be a good name to go by. Plus using our own name allows you to cross genres becuz 10 years down the road you may be spinning different music and you want a DJ name that you can always stick with....

Guest slamminshaun

How about just your name? Made up dj names are cheesie nowadays.

Yeah, I mean...who would ever use a dj name like "slammin shaun" LOL The mice would have a field day with my name.

I have a better question (not to threadjack or anything). If one is known by a certain name and has used that name since they were a teenager (10+ years), how would they "grow up" and swtich to something more "age appropriate"? Or would you just stick with what people know you as, regardless of how much cheese is there?

Guest swirlundergrounder

Yeah' date=' I mean...who would ever use a dj name like "slammin shaun" LOL The mice would have a field day with my name.

I have a better question (not to threadjack or anything). If one is known by a certain name and has used that name since they were a teenager (10+ years), how would they "grow up" and swtich to something more "age appropriate"? Or would you just stick with what people know you as, regardless of how much cheese is there?

[/quote']Well I'll tell you what. You've heard of Donald Glaude right? When he started DJ'ing he went by the name 'DJ Dominator'. He stuck with that for a long time. Then he switched his DJ name to 'Steve Austin'. After a few years of going by Steve Austin he eventually came back to using his real name.

Guest slamminshaun

Yeah, I mean...who would ever use a dj name like "slammin shaun" LOL The mice would have a field day with my name.

Well I'll tell you what. You've heard of Donald Glaude right? When he started DJ'ing he went by the name 'DJ Dominator'. He stuck with that for a long time. Then he switched his DJ name to 'Steve Austin'. After a few years of going by Steve Austin he eventually came back to using his real name.

Didn't know that. I had no idea, Donald Glaude also moonlighted as a WWE Superstar. :P Maybe I could be DJ Hulk Hogan?

"Whatcha' gonna doooo....when the 12" vinyl pythons run wild on youuuuu....??"

Guest swirlundergrounder

Yeah' date=' I mean...who would ever use a dj name like "slammin shaun" LOL The mice would have a field day with my name.

[/quote']Well I'll tell you what. You've heard of Donald Glaude right? When he started DJ'ing he went by the name 'DJ Dominator'. He stuck with that for a long time. Then he switched his DJ name to 'Steve Austin'. After a few years of going by Steve Austin he eventually came back to using his real name.

Didn't know that. I had no idea, Donald Glaude also moonlighted as a WWE Superstar. :P Maybe I could be DJ Hulk Hogan?

"Whatcha' gonna doooo....when the 12" vinyl pythons run wild on youuuuu....??"

Funny story...Back in 1996 me and Donald were smoking a joint while we were sitting down in a DJ booth watching Keoki spin. And we were both busting up and Donald got up for a second while we were cracking up at Keoki's antics and Donald sat his big butt back down right on top of Keoki's sun glasses....He was like 'Shit'....LOL so he placed the sunglasses, broken but back together again were Keoki had left them and Keoki went to put them back on and he only picked up the arm of the glasses and put them on his head except the rest of the glasses (the lenses etc..) were still on the seat....LOL

We never told Keoki what happened....

Guest james stratus

Your real name sounds fine for a DJ name. I could understand if you had a real full name like mine which didn't work as a Publicly known stage name, but DJ Nina Marie sounds hot!

Guest RCordeschi

From what I have read and what sounds appealing would be your name or something like:

Nina

NiMa

or just your name sounds good, you have a good name.