Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Back from Toronto

Guest Seb

Guest Seb

Just got back from my trip to Toronto, wow what a week its been. Spent most of my time visiting family & friends but managed to check out a party on NYE @ System Soundbar. The headliner none other than Saunder Kleinenberg. What a fucking awesome night. Kleineberg's set was pretty damn good. Even heard a nice remix of "the fruit" but It wasn't really the music that made the night so great. It was the vibe and the people. Random people saying hello and happy New Years. People smiling and dancing. Something I haven't seen down here in Miami since I moved here. There were no reserved tables or places you couldn't sit, anywhere was fair game. The only downfall was having to go outside in the blistering cold for a cigarette, not much different from NY I guess. It was just interesting to see the differences in club culture. No attitude & people just having a good time. I think Miami could learn a lot from a city like Toronto. Sure the clubs in Miami are superior to most cities all over the world. I just think that Miami looses the point in all of the glitz & glamour. Its not always about having the biggest & best of everything. Sometimes its just about having a good time and enjoying the people & the music you hear. It would be nice to go out in Miami & not have to deal with any door drama or be able to sit down at a table with out having to buy a bottle. Anyways I had a blast and highly recomend everyone to visit. Just try and go when its a little warmer. I froze my ass off in that country :-[

Guest ramon

remix of the fruit was probably the buick project mix .. nic played it on saturday @ space as well.

glad to hear you had fun in toronto. :)

Guest kcariaga

Actually, going out to smoke was not that bad. It felt great to get some fresh air and it is nice that the whole club is not stinky and smokey. I really love that city. Maybe one day, even live there.

:)

Guest Seb

Actually, going out to smoke was not that bad. It felt great to get some fresh air and it is nice that the whole club is not stinky and smokey. I really love that city. Maybe one day, even live there.

I don't know if your skinny bones could handle it :)

Guest Seb

remix of the fruit was probably the buick project mix .. nic played it on saturday @ space as well.

The remix was a house version which cut up the vocal slightly. Probably buik project. I think everything I hear these days has the Facuili stamp on it.

Guest Seb

Welcome back!

Helen, GA. had beautiful scenery but no night life.... :'(

Your kidding I thought Helen was the dance mecca of the US

;D

lol!!

Guest Electric Eel

We need to make plans to hang out! I feel like I haven't seen you guys in forever

Guest Seb

We need to make plans to hang out! I feel like I haven't seen you guys in forever

We'll hook up this weekend :)

Guest ramon

The remix was a house version which cut up the vocal slightly. Probably buik project. I think everything I hear these days has the Facuili stamp on it.

yea it should be out on little mountain already .. if not soon.

Guest durrtylexx

yea it should be out on little mountain already .. if not soon.

werd that's a sick remix..i liked it..

Guest swirlundergrounder

Just got back from my trip to Toronto, wow what a week its been. Spent most of my time visiting family & friends but managed to check out a party on NYE @ System Soundbar. The headliner none other than Saunder Kleinenberg. What a fucking awesome night. Kleineberg's set was pretty damn good. Even heard a nice remix of "the fruit" but It wasn't really the music that made the night so great. It was the vibe and the people. Random people saying hello and happy New Years. People smiling and dancing. Something I haven't seen down here in Miami since I moved here. There were no reserved tables or places you couldn't sit, anywhere was fair game. The only downfall was having to go outside in the blistering cold for a cigarette, not much different from NY I guess. It was just interesting to see the differences in club culture. No attitude & people just having a good time. I think Miami could learn a lot from a city like Toronto. Sure the clubs in Miami are superior to most cities all over the world. I just think that Miami looses the point in all of the glitz & glamour. Its not always about having the biggest & best of everything. Sometimes its just about having a good time and enjoying the people & the music you hear. It would be nice to go out in Miami & not have to deal with any door drama or be able to sit down at a table with out having to buy a bottle. Anyways I had a blast and highly recomend everyone to visit. Just try and go when its a little warmer. I froze my ass off in that country :-[

Yeah I totally agree. Miami is nice and I've met some really great people down here but there are a lot of things about the club culture down here that have turned me off. which are door games and bottles and VIP shit....The scene that we hope to be a part of should include everyone and these turn offs I mentioned seperates people and doesn't bring them together. I like going to clubs or spaces were everyone and everything is on equal footing...

Plus Canada is really fun to. The drinking age is younger (19yrs old) and it has that friendly Euro-Asian vibe to it....

Guest coach

Random people saying hello and happy New Years. People smiling and dancing. Something I haven't seen down here in Miami since I moved here. It would be nice to go out in Miami & not have to deal with any door drama or be able to sit down at a table with out having to buy a bottle.

Yeah I totally agree. Miami is nice and I've met some really great people down here but there are a lot of things about the club culture down here that have turned me off. which are door games and bottles and VIP shit....The scene that we hope to be a part of should include everyone and these turn offs I mentioned seperates people and doesn't bring them together. I like going to clubs or spaces were everyone and everything is on equal footing...

I think maybe ya'll are going to the wrong places. I have found the Miami clubbers (and people in general) to be some of the friendliest, happiest people around. Of course, I rarely leave the south beach area.

Oh yeah, and welcome back! Hope to see you Wednesday.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Random people saying hello and happy New Years. People smiling and dancing. Something I haven't seen down here in Miami since I moved here. It would be nice to go out in Miami & not have to deal with any door drama or be able to sit down at a table with out having to buy a bottle.

I think maybe ya'll are going to the wrong places. I have found the Miami clubbers (and people in general) to be some of the friendliest, happiest people around. Of course, I rarely leave the south beach area.

Oh yeah, and welcome back! Hope to see you Wednesday.

No you're right. I think there are a lot of people down here who are freakin awesome ....But you can't deny that there are also a lot of pretentious people out there as well more so here than in a lot of other scenes around the country....

Guest coach
No you're right. I think there are a lot of people down here who are freakin awesome ....But you can't deny that there are also a lot of pretentious people out there as well more so here than in a lot of other scenes around the country....
So, here is what your choice seems to be. 1) Deal with some pretentious people. or 2) Deal with people who look like they dressed for Wal-Mart. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground. Hell, I guess I could be called pretentious because I hate it when people dress like slobs, *especially* when going out. I'd much rather put up with a little attitude than with a bunch of mooks.

Guest Seb
So, here is what your choice seems to be. 1) Deal with some pretentious people. or 2) Deal with people who look like they dressed for Wal-Mart. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground. Hell, I guess I could be called pretentious because I hate it when people dress like slobs, *especially* when going out. I'd much rather put up with a little attitude than with a bunch of mooks.

Thats what I like about Toronto. People still dress up when they go out but they don't have the same attitude. I'm not saying everybody down here has an attitude cause I have met some cool people especially on these boards. People down here just get too caught up in the hype. People go out just to show off instead of have a good time.