Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Telemarketers

tgibson

Who the hell buys anything from these people? I just had a guy call me tonight with a terrible phone connection, terrible english and a terrible prepared speech - I have to assume SOMEBODY buys from them though otherwise they wouldn't do it, right?

On another note, does anyone know how to get your number off the list for those telemarketing "spam" phone calls where they leave a stupid message on your machine?

i use to do phone sales, and i'm getting back into them. now when I did it, it was lead driven, they weren't pure cold calls..

but with that being said, I am so good I can keep you hangin on the phone to sell you..

I use to be a commodities broker, my opening line was

me "mr so and so, i'm calling you today to teach you how to loose your money!

"what? you are gonna teach me how to loose money?"

me "yes"

"ok how can i loose money?"

me "by investing in stocks!!!"

then you pitch them CTA funds...

i use to do phone sales, and i'm getting back into them. now when I did it, it was lead driven, they weren't pure cold calls..

but with that being said, I am so good I can keep you hangin on the phone to sell you..

I use to be a commodities broker, my opening line was

me "mr so and so, i'm calling you today to teach you how to loose your money!

"what? you are gonna teach me how to loose money?"

me "yes"

"ok how can i loose money?"

me "by investing in stocks!!!"

then you pitch them CTA funds...

I just think that any consumer who buys anything over the phone is a complete idiot...there is no way it's a better deal than finding it elsewhere...

They prey on the suckers.

Good pitch though, I wish more people were funnier like that...it would at least entertain me...

there are millionaire after millionaire that work in offices on wall street who do nothing but cold calling..

I woulkd be very surprised if this is still common...(and by "this" I mean many millionaires who make their bucks cold-calling)

Guest JMT

but they are still banking on the person on the other end to be naive or a total fool.

I guess I believe that there are less fools out there now...but that's pretty naive too...

when i was a mortgage broker people would give their ss#'s out on cold calls. idiots.

Guest slamminshaun

but they are still banking on the person on the other end to be naive or a total fool.

I guess I believe that there are less fools out there now...but that's pretty naive too...

when i was a mortgage broker people would give their ss#'s out on cold calls. idiots.

That's dumb.

I'm getting into mortages, they made me an offer I couldn't refuse, especially since the fucking Candains are passing laws that are going to kill off my current job..

where did you work JMT???

Guest slamminshaun

Mortgages are THE BOMB, and have been for the past few years....if you didn't know, you must've been sleeping under a rock!!! Not sure where exactly you are Saleen (NJ or Miami?), but I'm in Port St. Lucie, one of the hottest markets in the country. I highly recommend this business for those who want to make real cheddar. I was only 25 the first time I hit six figures.....