Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good Places for Furniture in NYC

Personally, on the weekends I've been enjoying shopping at thrift stores and furniture places (I am re-doing my bedroom little by little). I love West Elm...that place is awesome. I also got new curtains...the new home depot on 23rd street is ridiculous.

Anyone know of some cool places here in the city with ecclectic furniture--- nothing uber-expensive...im looking for a small desk (for a laptop and a small color printer), some end tables for beside my bed, and some other odds and ends.

I've done the whole flatiron/chelsea thing over-and-over again...but there must be more out there :-X

Guest web_norah

ABC is having a major sale this weekend...tsk tsk tsk

if you're into that, of course.

we're redecorating too & Ligne Rosse is going to be the sofa of choice (finally!).

a sale at ABC is kinda meaningless tho, the place is so expensive, norah!! im going to look through Time Out right now and see what's going on.

glad you found a sofa ! I've got an amazing pottery barn chair and ottoman in my bedroom, it's like a cloud....several people in this board have been blessed to sit in it.

Guest web_norah

Ikea is also doing a sale this week

ABC is major $$ (i know) ...but it may be worth having a look.

Soho has good small places for furniture. i'd look into Daily Candy and WhatsupNY (blog)

Soho has good small places for furniture. i'd look into Daily Candy and WhatsupNY (blog)

IKEA? god, I wouldnt be cought dead there! Ikea:Furniture as Ikon:Nightlife

Guest web_norah

IKEA? god, I wouldnt be cought dead there! Ikea:Furniture as Ikon:Nightlife

thats true....but you gotta admit, some of their stuff is great, like bookshelves and cute decorating things for bathrooms

IKEA=IKON classic :D

Guest agent99

Not many original recommendations but crate and barrel always has good stuff...as does straight from the crate (simple apt furniture). Gracious home has nice but over priced accessories. I wouldn't reccomend soho, I tried looking for furniture and I kept on finding $2,000 plastic chairs and such.

Guest slamminshaun

Is there a "Design Within Reach" in NYC? If so, I have alot of stuff via their catalog that everyone drools over. If you're into contemporary decor that is.

Guest agent99

There is definitely a design within reach in soho....i think it was on mercer? They have some great stuff, and far more reasonably priced than their counterparts...

So glad westelm opened an actual store, great stuff.

Guest slamminshaun

Walmart - good value and they deliver cheap (can't wait for evan and norah's response to that)

Just ask this guy. Walmart has great deals!!

17al1v

Guest web_norah

Straight from the Crate

Ikea - too hard to get stuff to NYC from there anyway

Walmart - good value and they deliver cheap (can't wait for evan and norah's response to that)

Craigslist

Your mom

i ordered tons of things via catalog from IKEA, delivered to my front door and carried upstairs...i dont think it is hard at all

Straight from the Crate

Ikea - too hard to get stuff to NYC from there anyway

Craigslist

Your mom

i ordered tons of things via catalog from IKEA, delivered to my front door and carried upstairs...i dont think it is hard at all

That's great...must be a new thing...they did not do that a couple of years ago...or it was very expensive, I forget